Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Is there a new GM in place?  Please tell me a stud GM has been hired.  I’m on a river cruise in Austria and have limited WiFi.  Please tell me someone besides Ron is making decisions 

I fully think they have someone "consulting" that will be a part of the new front office.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheGoodBits said:

Might not agree with selling as low as we are but I am overall supportive. Major reset coming, we’ll be looking at a full teardown to start in on a rebuild. 

well. When you’re a fan of a team selling you’re rarely going to think you got the better end of the deal. 

they’re just accumulating draft picks for their next GM. 

I expect mcclaurin, Robinson to be gone. Maybe a few more. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

well. When you’re a fan of a team selling you’re rarely going to think you got the better end of the deal. 

they’re just accumulating draft picks for their next GM. 

I expect mcclaurin, Robinson to be gone. Maybe a few more. 

Young I disagree with just because of how little they got for him (and imo how much potential he still has). 

Definitely could see moving one of our established blue chips on a veteran contract (Allen, Payne, Mclaurin) for a 1st or more. 

1 minute ago, skinzplay said:

The ownership group ain't gonna ask RR for his ring size, you can be sure as hell about that.

Well played. Well played. 

Just now, TheGoodBits said:

Young I disagree with just because of how little they got for him (and imo how much potential he still has). 

Definitely could see moving one of our established blue chips on a veteran contract (Allen, Payne, Mclaurin) for a 1st or more. 

yeah that’s likely silliness. 

fans always overrate their players. If they got rid of all three I’d be surprised if they got more than 1 first rounder total. 2nds for the rest. 

For me, it's refreshing to watch an owner who actually sees things for what they are (horribly constructed team with way too many assets in one location) instead of for what they wish they were.  

Harris and his boys clearly know that Montez and Young were not and never will be game changers, and they were not on contract for next year.  We got a great pick for a slightly above average DE in Sweat, and got more than I thought we would for Young.

Young is damaged goods, has an attitude problem according to many reliable reporters, and was a no-show in his second year before the injury.  He never shows up against good O lines anyway.  We wish he was the player he was touted to be, but of course, in Redskins fashion, we pick him and he isn't a shadow of that. 

Those two players typified the Snyder era: have a somewhat strong push in one season against mediocre competition and then think you've arrived.  You claim the sack record is yours for the taking and end up no-shows.  

I am on cloud 9 now that they are gone and we have ownership that can face reality and actually cares about the long term, not the three inches in front of their face, ala the Snyder era.  

As far as I'm concerned, the H.O.G. is off to a stellar start!

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ultravin said:

How many more rebuilds will I see in my lifetime?  😩😩😩

They have NEVER rebuilt since Snyder got here. That's the problem. They get people thinking trading for Donovan McNabb or Alex Smith or just having a bad year is a "rebuild" because they never had the foresight to actual invest in trying to really building something. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The biggest issue since Dan bought the team (besides the horror show that Dan was) they never hired a good GM that could acquire talent across the board.  The Front Office has continuously underperformed.  Personnally, I think that is more important than the coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Having these picks and cap space may be a big factor in bringing in a GM. Under Snyder we wouldn’t have made any moves and lost both players to FA or after tagging one

Yeah because no one wanted to do business with Snyder in any meaningful way.   He was avoided like the plague.  Clearly, the league has much more respect for Josh Harris and his group.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ultravin said:

How many more rebuilds will I see in my lifetime?  😩😩😩

In programmer parlance:

Dim HeadCoachIsAss as Boolean

Set HeadCoachIsAss = True

Do While HeadCoachIsAss=True

FireCoach() 

Rebuild = Rebuild + 1

Hope = Hope - 1

Loop

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They have NEVER rebuilt since Snyder got here. That's the problem. They get people thinking trading for Donovan McNabb or Alex Smith or just having a bad year is a "rebuild" because they never had the foresight to actual invest in trying to really building something. 

ding ding ding this is correct. The only exception being Marty I think, he was in the midst of gutting all the old useless fat on the roster.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

To be fair, they never really built in the first place, under Snyder

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

In programmer parlance:

Dim HeadCoachIsAss as Boolean

Set HeadCoachIsAss = True

Do While HeadCoachIsAss=True

FireCoach() 

Rebuild = Rebuild + 1

Hope = Hope - 1

Loop

Hey at least we have now commented this part out:

//if (this.Owner == "Dan Snyder")
        //{
            //throw new InvalidOwnerException("Fatal Error!!!: Owner is a useless dip****!");
        //}
Edited by Bifflog
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1