Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

1 hour ago, shakinaiken said:

I do understand the concept of having 4 first round DLineman… but, I do wish JDR would mix in some blitz more frequently. At lesser crest some confusion on the opposing Oline. 

If he isn't going to blitz this year until we get into overtime, at least show a heavy blitz every now and then. Offenses know they may get 3 delayed blitzes per game. And they know if we go to OT we bring 6 with no delay.  That all said its tough on DBs when JDR just rushes 4 and they are not impacting throws.

Forbes had his hands full with AJ but maybe he wasn't riding the pine as much this week. Small victory moving todays being an all down player?

Edited by RandyHolt

I am afraid to post because I am guessing PFR will say Forbes was lights out and Brown only had 1 catch for 6 yards or something like that and we are fools to think otherwise.  😎. If PFR ever went public, Forbes should buy some stock in the company because they have that dude's back big time.

Again, though Forbes wasn't who I wanted.  I am OK though with giving him time to grow.   Rivera alluded in his post game presser that the growing pains are necessary for his growth -- I agree to some extent.

Gonzalez was jinxed I felt when he was profiled some in the CBS pregame about how he's borderline shut down some of the best receivers in the league -- on cue he gets hurt early in the Dallas game.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

It's too early, Fuller was terrible in his rookie year and he's turned out to be a very solid CB.  Not everyone is plug and play lights out as a rookie and he needs an offseason to make his body more NFL ready. I blame the lack of adjustments for putting him on an island with no help after he had already been beaten several times.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

JDR should be cuffed and taken immediately to jail for leaving this kid on an island with Brown.  

I get that corners aren’t always plug and play.  But we are talking about a guy who is already physically limited, also mentally limited.  That effort after he got burnt, coupled with the whining on the sideline the next time he got burnt was unwelcome to my eyes.

The fact that he’s our first rounder is just 😢 .

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Fuller might have been a better matchup but Brown is pretty much unstoppable. 

I agree. I honestly don’t know how often Forbes was left alone with brown, I did see more than what he caught though. I feel like juste would have been better off maybe?

here’s my take…. 
Howell is not there yet… but looks like the real deal.  I’m impressed.  
What’s really frustrating is that after spending all the money and draft capital to build us this supposedly amazing defense wash repeatedly gets man handled by every team we play. Watching our #1 pick get repeatedly destroyed by every wr he goes against is deflating.  What’s even more incredible is that this supposedly d focused coaching staff is so ****ing bad at drafting d players.  It’s utter incompetence.  End of the season house cleaning for this staff can’t come soon enough!!! 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Rivera’s phrasing that struggling is how you grow is absolutely true. Having said that, allowing him to struggle for an entire game while getting abused and watching the game slip by you is an odd strategy. I could understand if this was HS or middle school ball (hell, maybe even college at some places) and he was legit your only option so you roll with him… but we have other guys to put in to help mitigate some of that damage. 

Forbes is talented and will probably be fine. He showed some of that ballhawk instinct today but didn’t show any of the execution. 

But he’s a young undersized rookie… hopefully they don’t break him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm not worried about EF at all. Rookie mistakes, early learning curves, etc. He's gonna be just fine. What I do worry about - STILL, in year 3 of RR's 20-year plan for finally getting to a winning season - is how poorly the coaches utilize the skill sets of guys who were drafted/signed precisely because of those skill sets. It's mind-boggling. Not adjusting or giving EF some help yesterday was downright criminal.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oraphus said:

here’s my take…. 
Howell is not there yet… but looks like the real deal.  I’m impressed.  
What’s really frustrating is that after spending all the money and draft capital to build us this supposedly amazing defense wash repeatedly gets man handled by every team we play. Watching our #1 pick get repeatedly destroyed by every wr he goes against is deflating.  What’s even more incredible is that this supposedly d focused coaching staff is so ****ing bad at drafting d players.  It’s utter incompetence.  End of the season house cleaning for this staff can’t come soon enough!!! 

Here are the top 2 picks under RR.  I can't think of too many teams who have had this lack of production from their top picks year after year:

1st:  Chase

3rd::  Gibson

1st: Davis

2nd: Cosmi

1st:  Dotson

2nd:  Mathis

1st: Forbes

2nd: Martin

• Sad 2
  • Thumb up 1

I think our defensive backs coach should be spending all of his time each week trying to help Forbes get better.  Also at what point should Forbes actually

turn to look up at the ball?  He did that finally during the overtime period.  I guess he got beat so badly by Brown that he was running for his life to try to catch up to him so he had no time to see where the ball was located.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

After the catch and maybe before Forbes looks all of 170 pounds. And he looks gassed as well. He just kind of jogs into the end zone vs making a beeline to get his man down.

On a couple of the plays he just got overaggressive including that one there.   Philly faked the WR screen and he was looking to get around AJ Brown's block and never had a chance when Brown went up field.   And realistically on a WR screen he is  going to to have a difficult to be able to take on AJ Brown's block and get off and shed it to make the play on a WR screen so I kind of get him trying to be aggressive and just get around the block, but obviously there is a down side to that.  On that last TD he got beat on a double move.   I think we all thought Philly was going to try to eat up the clock and not a shot down the field, so he was trying to break on Brown's route to get a pick or pass breakup.

I think part of being a rookie is just learning on the job. 

• Like 1