Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

Does anyone look at what we have at OL, and then look at what the teams in our division have on their DL, and not panic?

I think we light, and low on talent. Offensively, we have been bad, and it all starts up front.

I guess we'll be ok defensively, and be 30th in points, and wonder why we missed the playoffs again, and finished last in the division......again.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Skins drafted for serious speed in the secondary....maybe we're gonna blitz and gamble a LOT this year. Jailbreak!!!

If we are going to play closer to the LOS and not have a 10 yard cushion..this makes sense. Too many easy 3rd downs....BUT didn't we have some young backs playing pretty good late????

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Darnell Washington is continuing to drop.  Wasn't the trio of Mayer, Kinkaid, and Washington supposed to be three top-flight TEs?

Supposed to be a GOAT tier TE class too. But only one went in round 1. Mayer is too slow and Washington is raw AF and is really more of an OT that can occasionally catch a pass.

• Like 1

Just now, Morneblade said:

Does anyone look at what we have at OL, and then look at what the teams in our division have on their DL, and not panic?

I think we light, and low on talent. Offensively, we have been bad, and it all starts up front.

I guess we'll be ok defensively, and be 30th in points, and wonder why we missed the playoffs again, and finished last in the division......again.

I said this all week when I thought about us not going OL. They like Chris Paul at LG. Roullier could be healthy and back. So then Gates and Paul compete for LG. I just wanted an OT to kick Wylie inside. But Gates is likely our LG. Roullier our center and Wylie RT

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

you know I’ve been on him too. Just not this early. And not after a CB in R1. 

Sure.  Didn't say i was alone.  though not much hype on the draft thread about him.

the more I digest it, the more i like it.  I'll forget who else was on the draft board at the time -- that's my only slight beef on it.

This secondary now is sick.  I actually get the method to madness even more with this one than Forbes.

The defense won't fall off the cliff if Curl gets hurt.  He can play big nickel.

He can play outside corner, slot, FS.  Good against the run.

He has ball skills, too.  3 picks and they were good picks, good hands

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

They're on the Caleb Williams plan. 

Edited by duffy

Another reason I hate the Martin pick is that this staff is good at coaching up mid to late round DBs. We should have stuck with that strategy and kept looking for guys in the mid to late rounds and use the early rounds to get positions that need infusions of ready to go talent.

Ok. So the Commanders drafted a lithe ball-hawk at CB. I'm ok with it. Then they double-down on the secondary with Jartavius.

This defense is not the problem. I get it though, if these two players make this defense truly ELITE, then cool.

However, this Offense needs HELP. Damn.

• Like 1