Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

51 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Damn, I missed the Brian Davis interview.  Sounds like it was really weird and shady, which is to be expected.  It's not up on the Junks site.  

Anyone else have a place it can be listened to?

https://www.audacy.com/stations/thefandc/shows/the-sports-junkies-61d11/episodes/dd4455222df0?_branch_match_id=1177233886274744091&_branch_referrer=H4sIAAAAAAAAA8soKSkottLXT8%2FXSyxNSUyu1EvOz9XP93W1NCp09jOvTAIApypYPiEAAAA%3D

2:00 pm the Brian Davis interview

Beware it's not good for your blood pressure ;)

54 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He sounds like he's laundering money, honestly. 

Dude 'explained' his intellectual property as a business model. This model is basically the ability to turn a huge profit almost immediately and the sole factor is him. Brian Davis. And that, although it hasn't happened yet, when it does it will be because this deal to purchase the team goes through. 

And his business partners, who he would not name (correct me if im wrong there) paid him FIFTY BILLION DOLLARS for this intellectual property. 

He's a ****ing hustler. IF he has 50B there is no way its clean. No one that makes that kind of money would give it to a man for a hypothetical idea. People with that kind of money make suckers out of other people. They don't fall for **** like this themselves.  

He had some other explanation about the company he said he made all his money from too. When asked why no one can find it, basically he said its a shell company used to hold the money. So his explanation, for his money, is that shell company? Dude is a phony. A BIG FAT PHONY! Untimely -- the NFL owners are never going to sell to this dude. Never. Not in 100 thousand years will he ever be an NFL owner. It doesn't matter what his money is like. 

EF4C8854-F6BA-4922-A760-5ED6C74DD17E.thumb.jpeg.81c2203d325f69453184b6de5e7f1d5c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Thanks!  Listening to it now.

Not sure where you're located but here on the east coast it's the 8:00 am interview.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He'll get absolutely torn to pieces by even their most cursory due diligence. That's before it would even get to the NFL.

Anyone with the kind of money Davis is saying he has access to (let’s leave aside exactly how right now) would know that this will all get blown up in basic due diligence - so why get involved? Davis isn’t a complete idiot either (maybe that is an unsafe assumption!) so he must know that as well. So either Davis IS an idiot and is so far out of his depth it’s hilarious OR this is just a publicity stunt to keep his name attached to things with big numbers to make other things he’s trying to do more possible (which is my guess) OR this is actually real and they have the audit trial to pass due diligence (highly doubtful).

I think its all about publicity for Davis and him trying to associate himself with this kind of level of deal to position him for other opportunities.

• Like 6

Part of me wishes Dan wasn't being protected by the due diligence of BOA and the NFL.  It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see his greed for more more more result in him falling for a scam.  

*But then it would mean a new shyster owns the team so not really a win win.

Edited by Idaho fan

15 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Anyone with the kind of money Davis is saying he has access to (let’s leave aside exactly how right now) would know that this will all get blown up in basic due diligence - so why get involved? Davis isn’t a complete idiot either (maybe that is an unsafe assumption!) so he must know that as well. So either Davis IS an idiot and is so far out of his depth it’s hilarious OR this is just a publicity stunt to keep his name attached to things with big numbers to make other things he’s trying to do more possible (which is my guess) OR this is actually real and they have the audit trial to pass due diligence (highly doubtful).

I think its all about publicity for Davis and him trying to associate himself with this kind of level of deal to position him for other opportunities.

I agree. 18 months from now he’ll be pitching himself to someone in another market, who does less thorough due diligence than a big investment bank, and wants to be able to say “I was a finalist for the Washington Commanders, which sold for 6.05B”. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Part of me wishes Dan wasn't being protected by the due diligence of BOA and the NFL.  It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see his greed for more more more result in him falling for a scam.  

*But then it would mean a new shyster owns the team so not really a win win.

Dan gets to pick the bid but the owners have to approve it so they can always say no.  Then Dan will have to either accept the Harris bid or decide not to sell which would suck for sure but replacing him with another him isn't palatable either.

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

I agree. 18 months from now he’ll be pitching himself to someone in another market, who does less thorough due diligence than a big investment bank, and wants to be able to say “I was a finalist for the Washington Commanders, which sold for 6.05B”. 

He should go try buy Man U from the Glazers with his nonsense.

37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Thanks!  Listening to it now.

Not sure where you're located but here on the east coast it's the 8:00 am interview.

I missed it my bad, that's the 6 hours jetlag between our countries, they should have made it easier to find the replay.

Edited by FrFan
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

EF4C8854-F6BA-4922-A760-5ED6C74DD17E.thumb.jpeg.81c2203d325f69453184b6de5e7f1d5c.jpeg

Exactly.  Sounds like every stock market / securites pitch or house flipping "Coach" I've ever listened to, who has the "secret" to make me rich.  They're just peddling this "great idea" to solicit my money to buy their book or give them my money to invest in real estate.  Bernie Madoff is a prime example.  Take everyone's money promising hope, they live the dream, and their victims take the loss. 

Hard pass on this guy even receiving more airtime, it'll only give him credence to scam the next guy, cause he'll play the race card as why he wasn't allowed to buy the team, and yes, I'm a minority if anyone is questioning my integrity.  I've been burned personally in my younger days, and this is verbatim how a scam sounds.  I'm just surprised the level of outrage on this site (taking it seriously) and the fact BoA would even review this nonsense, but at least due diligence will be performed and this guy shown a fraud.  Actually, this may be his downfall, I suspect the FBI / IRS may be lurking on this guy.  They take matters like these very seriously, don't ask how I know. 

Man, that interview with Davis...yikes.

I get the whole fake it till you make it but uh, think he went a bit overboard on that haha. 

Can't wait for the ink to be finalized on this deal for Harris and then we can put these past 23 years behind us and hope for a much brighter future.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I'm torn on Gibbs being in the ownership group.

One hand, it's Joe Gibbs. The other hand... he was also around for the worst of Snyder and did nothing.

Personally I don't care but I like it if forced to pick a side.

All the minority owners have no say.  Gibbs as an "owner" of his race car team is really good and smart.  He's not the only coach here who didn't stand up to Dan

Edited by Skinsinparadise

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gibbs as an "owner" of his race car team is really good and smart.

Is he super-smart and fights his guts out, though?

I don't expect Titty-Twister Gruden to fight anything and Shanny was too passive-aggressive for his own good. I expect more from Joe Gibbs. 

Edited by ntotoro

12 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Is he super-smart and fights his guts out, though?

I don't expect Titty-Twister Gruden to fight anything and Shanny was too passive-aggressive for his own good. I expect more from Joe Gibbs. 

Minority owners -- are basically ceremonial and represent small investments for those involved.  Joe Gibbs remains Redskins royalty to me.  I've whined about Dan being cool with Dan as much as anyone here. 

But he's not in my dog house.  He's still my favorite Redskin.    We've been living off of Gibbs' legacy from the 80s forever here.  And his run here under Dan was still the best run we've had. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

One hand, it's Joe Gibbs. The other hand... he was also around for the worst of Snyder and did nothing.

Joe Gibbs made the playoffs 2 out 4 years under Snyder and won a playoff game.  He deserves a second induction into Canton for that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

That bugs me too, as Gibbs should have been smart enough to see that Snyder treated him differently (due to his jock-sniffing tendencies) than he treated other people. I simply refuse to believe that Gibbs was never around when Snyder treated others is his usual inhumane way. To make it worse, Gibbs STILL refuses to say anything bad about Snyder, which leads me to wonder if Snyder isn't paying Gibbs under the table to keep his mouth shut.

I was wondering based on Cerrato's interview last week: he said Zorn's fate was sealed after he chewed out Clinton Portis after the Detroit game. I don't know what happened, does anyone else? To me, this just highlighted in big bold letters what was always wrong with Snyder's approach: favoring the players over the coaches. A coach can't have final authority if he's afraid to bench or criticize a player because that player may go running to Snyder's suite.

• Like 1