Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Personally I don't care but I like it if forced to pick a side.

All the minority owners have no say.  Gibbs as an "owner" of his race car team is really good and smart.  He's not the only coach here who didn't stand up to Dan

Minority owners get a preferred parking spot, complimentary fruit basket on game days and unrestricted access to the executive wash rooms.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Minority owners get a preferred parking spot, complimentary fruit basket on game days and unrestricted access to the executive wash rooms.

lol, yep its more cool I gather than anything else.  If Joe Gibbs wants to bask in that some -- he deserves it as much any Redskins luminary if not more.

I didn't love that Gibbs got along with Dan.   But also I didn't hear Gibbs defend Dan unless i missed something during the investigation -- and considering Dan supposedly consults with Gibbs from time to time, it wouldn't shock me if Gibbs advised Dan its time for him to sell.

By all accounts, Dan is a classy guy with the utmost integrity.  Yeah he was fooled by Dan but he's not the only trusting person who was.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

They also get to sell their shares at a deep discount when they divest unless the team sells again. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

listening to the Forbes guy who reported yesterday about the minority partners that Harris has, he said he heard Joe Gibbs was one of them, but he doesn't know for sure yet

Well I'm hearing Jay Gruden might be a limited partner in the Brian Davis group. He's one of the vaunted "white people" Davis was referring to.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The sportico guy covering the story believed that Matthew McConaughey would be part of it too, will see.

If both of those things are true, I like it.

It would mean long-time fans would have a voice in the room when this group is sitting around the table, talking about what direction to take.

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, yep its more cool I gather than anything else.  If Joe Gibbs wants to bask in that some -- he deserves it as much any Redskins luminary if not more.

I didn't love that Gibbs got along with Dan.   But also I didn't hear Gibbs defend Dan unless i missed something during the investigation -- and considering Dan supposedly consults with Gibbs from time to time, it wouldn't shock me if Gibbs advised Dan its time for him to sell.

By all accounts, Dan is a classy guy with the utmost integrity.  Yeah he was fooled by Dan but he's not the only trusting person who was.

Maybe one more edit in that final paragraph. 😎🤣

• Haha 7
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Well I'm hearing Jay Gruden might be a limited partner in the Brian Davis group. He's one of the vaunted "white people" Davis was referring to.

Here's my guess who's on Davis' 'white people' list:

Bernie Madoff

Ivan Boesky

John DeLorean

Gordon Gekko

Elizabeth Holmes

Sam Bankman-Fried

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Here's my guess who's on Davis' 'white people' list:

Bernie Madoff

Ivan Boesky

John DeLorean

Gordon Gekko

Elizabeth Holmes

Sam Bankman-Fried

Casserole!
Sunburn!
Wearing shoes in the house!

With your powers combined, I Am White People!

GIF captain planet news film - animated GIF on GIFER - by Tushakar

• Haha 11

I'm just laughing to myself thinking that Snyder will take his pile o' cash and try to buy an English soccer team. If he thought the media here was unfair to him, he is in for a truly eye-opening experience once he has to deal not only with the traditional UK press (which is hostile enough) but the daily tabloids as well. The UK tabloids are second-to-none when it comes to harassment.

None of them will take too kindly to a carpetbagging Yankee billionaire accused of multiple nefarious activities ranging from being a sex pest to financial shenanigans. It will be like going from getting a GED to trying to get an advanced PhD in astophysics. If Tanya didn't like getting booed at the Packers game...well, my advice would be to invest in some good earplugs.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

At this point, who hasn't been counseled by Joe Gibbs? What even is his counsel? Is it asking him "Hey man, if I buy the team, would you come to Ring of Honor meetings and shake my hand?" Do people have to kneel and kiss each of Gibbs' Super Bowl rings before they're allowed to speak? I like the dude, but whenever I hear 'so and so spoke to Joe Gibbs before he joined the team', it makes me think of him as some old prophet who hasn't been a part of society for 20 years sitting in a cave on mountain top, waiting to dispense the priceless knowledge of "the fans like it when you win" and "the team colors are burgundy and gold."

• Like 3
  • Haha 3