Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

The NFL would see right through what Davis and his puppet masters are trying to do lol. A hedge fund can’t own an NFL team, ownership wealth must be personal, individual wealth. So what do these clowns do (reading between the lines)? They shockingly “realize” that Davis himself has $50B worth of mystery “IP”! Just in his super special ideas! So they can “buy” that “IP” to make it look like he has the personal wealth enough to own an NFL team…and then run it through him, with Davis as a goofy frontman for nebulous corporate money. 

Nice try dummies

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

The NFL would see right through what Davis and his puppet masters are trying to do lol. A hedge fund can’t own an NFL team, ownership wealth must be personal, individual wealth. So what do these clowns do (reading between the lines)? They shockingly “realize” that Davis himself has $50B worth of mystery “IP”! Just in his super special ideas! So they can “buy” that “IP” to make it look like he has the personal wealth enough to own an NFL team…and then run it through him, with Davis as a goofy frontman for nebulous corporate money. 

Nice try dummies

Great post!

My addled brain couldn't decipher what was going on, but you make it plain and clear Conn. 

Well done, sir.

Now I can rest easy knowing there's no way in hell the NFL is going let this scam fly.

Harris/Rales/Magic for the win!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WilberMarshall said:

Who is the first to go after the new owners get the keys?

A former banned poster here, who works for the team.

Day 1- After the press conference, the new group meets with employees.

Day 2- A meeting with Jason where he gives the current skinny on the business side. After the meeting is over, Jason is fired. So, he will be the first firing. A new team president is hired to handle the business side.

Day 3- A meeting with GM Ron and all the gms. Ron is informed he will no longer b Gm. All the other gms are fired after the meeting. An interim Gm takes over . That interim could become the permanent guy or just be interim until they can interview new gms in January.

Day 4- A meeting with the entire coaching staff. Each coach is asked what they plan to do to make the team better. They are all told this year is an evaluation to see whether they will return in 24. They are told that playoffs are the minimum expectation.

16 hours ago, GoCommiesGo said:

Didn't think I'd see this day for many years. Buddy and I have been kicking around the idea of getting season tickets again. My family had them for 10 years, 1999 - 2010, he had them for four years. We both dropped out around the same time. Exciting to think about going back. 

I keep thinking about how this is like the game "The Oregon Trail", we made it to the end but lost some good people to dysentery along the way. 

And like the real life Oregon Trail, some of those lost were eaten.

15 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I debated posting this here, as it might be a little political for this forum, however, I think it's important to display what kind of person Josh Harris is. His answers here show he knows his place in the community, and it's not about him. His line about the team being a fiduciary for the city? Holy ****.

(Please, let's keep the discussion about non-football/team related issue to the Tailgate.)

OK Josh Harris,

go-on-im-5b8cb6.jpg

15 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He's not.

Still doesn't mean that I'm going to stop hating him.  While he's no longer our problem, he's still done a ****ton of damage to this franchise.  He's cost this franchise SO much and he still gets to walk away with an insane profit despite ruining practically ****ing everything.  And I can't lie, while I'm thrilled that he's relinquishing the grasp of the franchise from his grubby little hands, I'm ****ing pissed that he walks away with a fortune.  He came in, and like i said, RUiNED PRACTICALLY EVERY****INGTHING and he still gets to skate with WAY more money than he had when he came in.  That blows my mind.  I can't think of a single instance in life, ANYWHERE ELSE IN LIFE, where someone comes in, does a ****ing terrible job of running a company or owning a business, sells it and sells it for WAY MORE than they purchased it for.

Try to look at it the way I do. When he bought the team, he was filthy rich anyway. Moving up to being filthy, stinking rich probably didn't change his lifestyle all that much. Sure, maybe he got bigger yachts or whatever, but IMO, after you've made money and become comfortable, there isn't much that moves the needle anymore. The things that do move the needle dwindle and the things that continue to move it, perpetually move it ever less so. Eventually, you're just left with who and what you are at your core. So for Farquaad, in the end, he'll still be the same pathetic, scared loser he was back when he was wearing his R______ belt buckle. The only thing the money did for him was make most people be quiet about how they feel about him while vastly increasing the number of people that hate him with a passion. Hell, when you can't even keep NFL owners as friends, that's top level douchebaggery right there.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

A former banned poster here, who works for the team.

Day 1- After the press conference, the new group meets with employees.

Day 2- A meeting with Jason where he gives the current skinny on the business side. After the meeting is over, Jason is fired. So, he will be the first firing. A new team president is hired to handle the business side.

Day 3- A meeting with GM Ron and all the gms. Ron is informed he will no longer b Gm. All the other gms are fired after the meeting. An interim Gm takes over . That interim could become the permanent guy or just be interim until they can interview new gms in January.

Day 4- A meeting with the entire coaching staff. Each coach is asked what they plan to do to make the team better. They are all told this year is an evaluation to see whether they will return in 24. They are told that playoffs are the minimum expectation.

How would a current employee of the team already know what Josh Harris specifically is thinking?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

How would a current employee of the team already know what Josh Harris specifically is thinking?

That first line was him making a joke about Cooleyfan being the first to go lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

21 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I debated posting this here, as it might be a little political for this forum, however, I think it's important to display what kind of person Josh Harris is. His answers here show he knows his place in the community, and it's not about him. His line about the team being a fiduciary for the city? Holy ****.

(Please, let's keep the discussion about non-football/team related issue to the Tailgate.)

I'm not convinced Little Danny could even SPELL fiduciary.  What an unbelievable breath of fresh air. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

That first line was him making a joke about Cooleyfan being the first to go lol 

lol, ok missed that, thanks.

Back to this dude, Brian Davis, if he offered Dan 7 billion 3 weeks ago as he suggested, why would Dan just ignore it?  Dan supposedly fighting over 100 million or so from Harris forever, just shrugs off an extra 1 billion dollars from another bidder?

A wacky story and even wackier that Haynes and previously the Junkies just ride with the story and give this dude legtimacy unless there is something I am missing.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/04/14/dan-snyder-sale-women-washington-football-team/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=wp_sports&utm_medium=social

Through it all, women refused to retract a word in the face of Snyder’s nasty two-faced campaigns at gagging them, his disingenuous public statements at once promising zero tolerance for sexual harassment yet branding them liars, his shadowy intimidation tactics that included private investigators visiting doorsteps and compiling dossiers on accusers.

They told their stories yet again to White, the former chair of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, who back in 2018 had helped the league disinfect itself from the sexist conduct of former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson. Some of them talked to the D.C. attorney general, the Virginia attorney general and federal prosecutors in the Eastern District of Virginia. “We have been at this for well over two years, and the perseverance and commitment of my clients has been amazing to see,” Banks says.

Would Goodell and the league owners have ever moved on Snyder based on the complaints and accounts of the women alone? Certainly not — the unpardonable secret agreement to stifle Wilkinson and hide her findings is evidence enough of that. It’s difficult to say exactly what the final cudgel was that leveraged Snyder out of the league. The allegations of financial malfeasance from Snyder’s former minority partners, which wound up in the prying hands of federal investigators? White’s inquiry, which apparently delved deeply into the financial practices in Washington as well as Snyder’s office culture? Pure weariness over the continual toxic ooze and the fear that the continual glare would expose the attitudes and practices of other owners? Oh, by the way, a couple of casual racists and homophobes were outed along the way and will never work again in the league. Thank you very much for that, too.

The women of the Washington football franchise were the ones who pushed it all to the point of a critical mass that would force a sale. It’s difficult to say that they “won,” given what they endured from the franchise. But an end to the lurid, sliming, morale-breaking, goodwill-sapping 24 years of Snyder’s ownership is surely worth a parade.

6 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Yeah the whining about the owners in that WP article basically saying Dan got a raw deal and he should have gotten 7 billion -- I find really counter productive and odd as heck considering the owners want him gone.  So they want to tell Dan that he got ripped off so maybe he changes his mind?  Ridiculous.

This whole time part of the reason we've been stuck with Dan also includes the complicity of the Commissioner and fellow owners -- and they aren't always IMO the sharpest tools as for their people skills in handling Dan.  If they want Dan gone don't go on the record saying Dan was fleeced in the deal at a juncture where Dan can still back out.  I don't think Dan will back out.  But why toy with Freddy Krueger when he's exiting the door?  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Conn said:

Nice try dummies

A hedge fund is about the least problematic organization I can think of that would have $7B in cash laying around and be willing to dump it onto a frontman for an NFL purchase. This is more what comes to mind for me:

al pacino drugs GIF

• Thanks 1

Maybe he thinks now is the best time to sell given the economic climate. Inflation is peaking and there is a potential contraction of the economy on the horizon. Long term, NFL teams will continue to go up in value but in the medium term, maybe now is the sweet spot. Either way, who cares what his reason is, he's gone.

• Like 1

Marcus Hayes: Just what kind of owner is Washington getting in Josh Harris? This is what he’s shown us.

• Marcus Hayes - The Philadelphia Inquirer (TNS)
  •  
  •  

PHILADELPHIA — The most dysfunctional team in the NFL is trading the worst owner of the modern era for one of the best in the NBA and NHL.

An NBA source confirmed Thursday that longtime D.C. football fan Josh Harris and his group of investors, which includes Magic Johnson, have agreed to buy the Washington Commanders from Daniel Snyder for about $6 billion. Snyder was pressured to sell the team by his peers. He and the franchise recently have faced multiple investigations regarding improper finances, witness intimidation, and fostering a toxic workplace environment.

Harris has no such baggage.

Harris owns significant portions of the 76ers and the New Jersey Devils and smaller stakes in the Pittsburgh Steelers and Crystal Palace of the Premier League. He would have to sell his shares of the Steelers to buy the Commanders. The deal won’t be done for weeks, and is pending NFL owners’ two-thirds approval, but the owners wanted Snyder gone, so don’t expect this deal to drag.

So, what sort of owner will Commanders fans be getting? After more than a decade of partnering with David Blitzer to run the Sixers, Devils, and the Devils’ arena, the Prudential Center, this is what Harris has shown us.

You’re not getting Jeffrey Lurie

Almost every morning of the football season, the Eagles owner parks his sports car in the first spot outside the NovaCare Complex and reports for work. He oversees everything. He’s interested in game plans and draft strategies. He follows free agents. He attends preseason workouts, training-camp sessions, in-season practices, and, of course, every single game. He mingles with the players in the locker room after games.

Harris will not be that guy. He’s a private equity mogul with his fingers in more pies than Little Jack Horner. He won’t be flying in from New York to land his chopper at the OrthoVirginia Training Center in Ashburn to watch tape with his general manager; for that matter, considering his other concerns, he’ll probably miss a few games. That’s OK.

Loosen the purse strings

Harris will seek to hire the best football people available, give them the PIN to his ATM card, and then leave them alone. That’s what he did with Sam Hinkie, for better or worse, and Hinkie unleashed The Process, essentially buying draft picks and setting up the Sixers for a long-term relevance. That meant an elite training facility in Camden, N.J., top-notch sports science and medical staffs, and as many as 13 analytics professionals at one time.

Harris gave carte blanche to Bryan Colangelo, too, and now he’s done it with Daryl Morey; again, for better or worse. The same is true in Newark, N.J., where GM Tom Fitzgerald and coach Lindy Ruff have the Devils in the postseason after missing the playoffs the last four years.

Make big moves

Snyder wasn’t hesitant to go for broke — he took the plunge on recycling Joe Gibbs as a coach and Carson Wentz as a quarterback — and, in that respect, Harris will be bold. He traded for Andrew Bynum, traded up to draft Markelle Fultz, traded for Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris, and traded for James Harden.

Harris has a battalion of polished executives working for Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, the property management company he and Blitzer own. Too often he has worked those executives too hard, and it showed. Too often his leaders in Philadelphia have had to drive to Newark two or three times per week, no one more so than former Sixers and Devils CEO Scott O’Neil.

With the bottom line in minds, too often Harris expected his best people to be as work-obsessed as he is, only without the helicopter and jet.

Tad Brown, O’Neil’s successor, inherited similar expectations, but he’s created a slightly less exhausting environment. HSBE execs now act more as macro-managers, in part thanks to the tele-meeting software made commonplace during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Will Harris learn from his mistakes? We’ll see.

As of now, HSBE execs will help as the Commanders transition from the sort of organization Snyder ran to the sort of organization Harris prefers.

As in, functional.

Real diversity and investment

Gone is the man who argued that “Redskins” was not a racist slur. Here is the man who had more women in his front office than any team in the big four sports leagues six years ago.

The Commanders’ offices will be filled with diverse, loud voices. Harris’ companies are obsessed with diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Harris also will try to leave D.C. better than when he found it. That’s what HBSE has tried to do in Philadelphia, with, among other initiatives, the team’s youth foundation and the “Buy Black” business partnerships.

Those programs haven’t changed the world, but they’re something.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Conn said:

😔 poor kid showed Jumbo his whole ass. 

Which you should only do via specific PM request, of course. 

TK was the guy who perma banned him after a serious meltdown but we both had temp banned him a couple times prior and I think one other mod got him at some point.

He had really become a perpetual mess his last year or two here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Marcus Hayes: Just what kind of owner is Washington getting in Josh Harris? This is what he’s shown us.

• Marcus Hayes - The Philadelphia Inquirer (TNS)
  •  
  •  

PHILADELPHIA — The most dysfunctional team in the NFL is trading the worst owner of the modern era for one of the best in the NBA and NHL.

An NBA source confirmed Thursday that longtime D.C. football fan Josh Harris and his group of investors, which includes Magic Johnson, have agreed to buy the Washington Commanders from Daniel Snyder for about $6 billion. Snyder was pressured to sell the team by his peers. He and the franchise recently have faced multiple investigations regarding improper finances, witness intimidation, and fostering a toxic workplace environment.

Harris has no such baggage.

Harris owns significant portions of the 76ers and the New Jersey Devils and smaller stakes in the Pittsburgh Steelers and Crystal Palace of the Premier League. He would have to sell his shares of the Steelers to buy the Commanders. The deal won’t be done for weeks, and is pending NFL owners’ two-thirds approval, but the owners wanted Snyder gone, so don’t expect this deal to drag.

So, what sort of owner will Commanders fans be getting? After more than a decade of partnering with David Blitzer to run the Sixers, Devils, and the Devils’ arena, the Prudential Center, this is what Harris has shown us.

You’re not getting Jeffrey Lurie

Almost every morning of the football season, the Eagles owner parks his sports car in the first spot outside the NovaCare Complex and reports for work. He oversees everything. He’s interested in game plans and draft strategies. He follows free agents. He attends preseason workouts, training-camp sessions, in-season practices, and, of course, every single game. He mingles with the players in the locker room after games.

Harris will not be that guy. He’s a private equity mogul with his fingers in more pies than Little Jack Horner. He won’t be flying in from New York to land his chopper at the OrthoVirginia Training Center in Ashburn to watch tape with his general manager; for that matter, considering his other concerns, he’ll probably miss a few games. That’s OK.

Loosen the purse strings

Harris will seek to hire the best football people available, give them the PIN to his ATM card, and then leave them alone. That’s what he did with Sam Hinkie, for better or worse, and Hinkie unleashed The Process, essentially buying draft picks and setting up the Sixers for a long-term relevance. That meant an elite training facility in Camden, N.J., top-notch sports science and medical staffs, and as many as 13 analytics professionals at one time.

Harris gave carte blanche to Bryan Colangelo, too, and now he’s done it with Daryl Morey; again, for better or worse. The same is true in Newark, N.J., where GM Tom Fitzgerald and coach Lindy Ruff have the Devils in the postseason after missing the playoffs the last four years.

Make big moves

Snyder wasn’t hesitant to go for broke — he took the plunge on recycling Joe Gibbs as a coach and Carson Wentz as a quarterback — and, in that respect, Harris will be bold. He traded for Andrew Bynum, traded up to draft Markelle Fultz, traded for Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris, and traded for James Harden.

Harris has a battalion of polished executives working for Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, the property management company he and Blitzer own. Too often he has worked those executives too hard, and it showed. Too often his leaders in Philadelphia have had to drive to Newark two or three times per week, no one more so than former Sixers and Devils CEO Scott O’Neil.

With the bottom line in minds, too often Harris expected his best people to be as work-obsessed as he is, only without the helicopter and jet.

Tad Brown, O’Neil’s successor, inherited similar expectations, but he’s created a slightly less exhausting environment. HSBE execs now act more as macro-managers, in part thanks to the tele-meeting software made commonplace during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Will Harris learn from his mistakes? We’ll see.

As of now, HSBE execs will help as the Commanders transition from the sort of organization Snyder ran to the sort of organization Harris prefers.

As in, functional.

Real diversity and investment

Gone is the man who argued that “Redskins” was not a racist slur. Here is the man who had more women in his front office than any team in the big four sports leagues six years ago.

The Commanders’ offices will be filled with diverse, loud voices. Harris’ companies are obsessed with diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Harris also will try to leave D.C. better than when he found it. That’s what HBSE has tried to do in Philadelphia, with, among other initiatives, the team’s youth foundation and the “Buy Black” business partnerships.

Those programs haven’t changed the world, but they’re something.

Great find … thanks SIP.

Article also mentions that Harris was the prospective owner who reached out to Sean Payton.  Seems significant…

https://www.wusa9.com/article/sports/nfl/washington-commanders/washington-commanders-sale-offer-duke-basketball-player-brian-davis-7-billion-dollars/65-09092802-78a9-48c6-a07b-c021415dad3a

I’d be more inclined to believe this if Davis wasn’t so shady in his previous business dealings. 

Even so, I still want Harris and Magic Johnson. I want the guy who isn’t in his first rodeo of owning a sports team paired with the guy who has excelled in everything he’s ever done. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

This guy was always a joke. We should've seen it coming 20 years ago lmfao

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/magazine/2002/09/15/forward-motion/6390cb6b-222e-430b-b3f7-4a08beacf2f4/

"I'm still a kid . . . I'm just a kid." As he is losing, he pouts. He grimaces. He curses. He shakes his head in disgust. He hits the wall with his fancy racket. Then he kicks the wall with his new Reeboks. He gets so mad at one point, he jumps up and down in a tantrum, pounding both feet simultaneously."

"Listen, I just wanna win. Just like Spurrier. He is similar to me. Gosh, I am so excited! It's gonna be something people enjoy," Snyder says. "Fans love me. They want an owner who will spend and be over the top . . . spending whatever is necessary."