Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Ugh. We finally get Bezos out of the way, and now we got some crooked scumbag Dookie holding things up? And he wants to give Snydely an extra billion dollars to cover for his own sleaziness? GTFOOH. We are sooo close to finally replacing Snyder with competent ownership. This guy Davis needs to piss off pronto.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Haynes is an actual reporter so I have no doubts the offer itself a real one, but once the due diligence is done it'll come out that its really just a house of cards type deal and not anything legitimate that will hold up to NFL scrutiny. 

Agreed.  If the Davis offer was reported and was made before the Harris offer, why wasn't it accepted or given serious consideration.  Davis definitely looks like Snyder 2.0 and probably will follow the same path that Snyder did.  

Magic Johnson possesses more than a megawatt smile and a belly laugh that reminds you of your favorite uncle. The twists and turns in his story continue to amaze and inspire us: He was the preternatural basketball phenom from Lansing, Mich., and the 6-foot-9 point guard who revolutionized the NBA. Then, shockingly and sadly for the generation of ’80s babies who grew up enchanted by his Showtime Lakers, he was forced into retirement too soon by an HIV diagnosis. Now he is a successful entrepreneur who has written an even greater second act through Magic Johnson Enterprises and all its partnerships.

His story ends with something even better than a happily ever after because his story is true. That is why his business savvy, not simply his Black skin, should make him a worthy partner in the next ownership team of the Washington Commanders.

On Thursday, Josh Harris, along with his group of investors, reached a provisional deal with Daniel Snyder to buy the Commanders for $6.05 billion — a seismic event felt across the sports landscape because it would be the highest purchase price in the history of American sports but most noticeably here in the D.C. area, where fans would no longer have to sacrifice their decency to root for a franchise Snyder has covered in slime for two decades.

And the group that’s primed to rescue the once-great franchise would do so with a little Magic. No one has shared publicly how much Johnson has contributed to the pot, but he’s already a minority owner in three other leagues, and projections across the internet have his net worth exceeding $600 million. In whatever capacity Johnson has with the group, his value comes with more than that winning smile and hearty laugh.

For Johnson’s affiliation with the Harris group to count as more than an optical flourish, he needs to carry some influence. And during his April 4 appearance on “Today,” Johnson made it sound as if he would. With the cameras rolling and the morning show crew slathering on the praise, Johnson confirmed his involvement with the group: “Yes, our bid is in.”

....While towering over the television personalities yet fitting right in, Johnson bent over in laughter at times. All these years later, his charm remains undefeated. At other times, Johnson turned serious, his voice settling into a sentimental tone, as he reflected on the impact of the potential purchase. The man knows how to regale his audience with a good story.

“I’ve gotten a [championship] ring in every sport, but I need a Super Bowl ring. And I would love to be the owner of the Commanders,” the 63-year-old said. “To do not only great work on the field but the work we could do with the city. I think that if they bless us … with the opportunity to be an owner, it would be an emotional day for me. My father just died, so it would be a great moment for the Johnson family — as well as Josh Harris, who is the lead partner in this. To take that franchise and take it to another level, so I’m excited about it.”

“And,” Johnson added, “another African American owner.”

...So here’s to Magic being more like Condi and less like Fergie. Here’s hoping that his seat at the table isn’t ceremonial but that his voice carries weight in shaping the franchise. True, he didn’t show the tenacity and temperance of a great executive when he ran the Lakers. After just two seasons as the team’s president of basketball operations, Johnson resigned.

Day-to-day decision-making may not be his preferred role, but the business world is his court now. Johnson’s life after sports should serve as the north star for every ex-athlete. Hopefully this new ownership group recognizes Johnson’s ability, not just his name. Representation should be the first step but not the last.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Been distracted by life since the glorious day of April 13, who the **** is Brian Davis and am I supposed to be concerned about this, or is this just "there's gotta be a headline" bull**** until May 22?

In theory, I don't think there is much to worry about.  Darren Haynes, a TV reporter, is really pushing the story like mad -- and he's successfully made the story a little national and its got at least some traction as a debating point on a twitter.  And Willingham a radio personality says the bid is 100% legit.

If I understand it his net worth is a paltry (paltry in sports owner terms)13 million but he's claiming his intellectual property in his green solar technology is worth 50 billion so his net worth such be considered that.

For me i am not worried but I won't feel 100% out of the woods on this until i officially hear Harris announced.  According to Sheehan, a non-exclusive offer doesn't hold for a long time so i am guessing maybe early this week Harris' bid is presented to the league.

I've not like what I've read about Davis and don't care for how he's been pushing his narrative with the media starting with the Junkies, so am rooting hard against him.  i am rooting against Steven A too but not as hard.  the more I digest the more I like the Harris team and have felt that way for eons. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brian Davis ain't happening. And if he did, he and his group are the literal biggest idiots on the planet to literally overpay by a billion dollars for a fan base that is at least intelligent enough to realize we've already walked away from an idiot like him and a new idiot won't bring us back. 

Harris or bust. 

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've not like what I've read about Davis and don't care for how he's been pushing his narrative with the medis starting with the Junkies, so am rooting hard against him.  i am rooting against Steven A too but not as hard.  the more I digest the more I like the Harris team and have felt that way for eons. 

At the end of the day, the NFL will approve who they want to.  And you have to think that’s the Harris Group, given he’s already a minority owner of the Steelers and came in second place for the Broncos.  He’s already “in the club” and well respected.

I can’t imagine the Davis group is going to pass the finance test of the NFL and I think all things being equal, the other NFl owners would prefer Harris to Steven A.

I think it’s mostly done and the reporting is useless noise.  It FEELS like this is something Dan is pushing.  But it could be Davis trying to get an additional 5 minutes of fame.

Until it is clear where the $7 Billy is coming from, I’m not taking the bid remotely seriously.

And at some point, Dan will really want this damn thing done with so he can get his money and start earning interest on it. Daily interest on $4 Billy is nothing to sneeze at.  I’m assuming he has to pay $1 billion in debt and $1 billion in taxes.  But still, 4.5% of $4 Billion is a lot of damn money.  Can easily run his yacht on that…

• Like 2

One thought that occurred to me (and may have come up somewhere else in the looooong discussion about new ownership on this site) is the fact that Harris is a minority owner of the Steelers. To me, this is actually a huge plus. He's been at least tangentially affiliated with a gold-standard NFL club. Let's hope he's been learning how a top NFL club does business and brings that to how he runs the Commanders.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

At the end of the day, the NFL will approve who they want to.  And you have to think that’s the Harris Group, given he’s already a minority owner of the Steelers and came in second place for the Broncos.  He’s already “in the club” and well respected.

I can’t imagine the Davis group is going to pass the finance test of the NFL and I think all things being equal, the other NFl owners would prefer Harris to Steven A.

I think it’s mostly done and the reporting is useless noise.  It FEELS like this is something Dan is pushing.  But it could be Davis trying to get an additional 5 minutes of fame.

Until it is clear where the $7 Billy is coming from, I’m not taking the bid remotely seriously.

And at some point, Dan will really want this damn thing done with so he can get his money and start earning interest on it. Daily interest on $4 Billy is nothing to sneeze at.  I’m assuming he has to pay $1 billion in debt and $1 billion in taxes.  But still, 4.5% of $4 Billion is a lot of damn money.  Can easily run his yacht on that…

Agree with all of this.  My only tiny pause, and very tiny at that, is that I am wowed that Darren Haynes is williing to kamikaze his reputation because in my book that's what he's doing.   I noticed he's tried to work his way for years to build himself up -- every once in a blue moon he'd have a story.  But if the story ends up as clownish as its looking -- at least for me I'll never take him seriously again because he's gone beyond just saying the bid is credible -- he's pushing it really hard where at a minimum he's helped the story gain a little wave to it.

• Like 1

Davis is the black version on Dan in my opinion and I will be done with this team. Dan is a POS and I feel Davis a shady as hell. And after reading this it definitely confirms it for me...Davis is also willing to indemnify Dan Snyder as a condition of his offer, according to the March 21 letter, meaning Davis is willing to take on any legal liability related to Dan Snyder and ongoing investigations into the team....It's from www.Wusa9.com link below 👇

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wusa9.com/amp/article/sports/nfl/washington-commanders/washington-commanders-sale-offer-duke-basketball-player-brian-davis-7-billion-dollars/65-09092802-78a9-48c6-a07b-c021415dad3a 

The Davis stuff is a ridiculous pile of nonsense and distraction built on several people wanting, and getting, media attention to bolster their basic con man approach to business ventures and a media environment that features many participants who need clicks at any cost. "Any publicity is good publicity" 2023 version.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1