Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Just now, bird_1972 said:

ย 

Haha - definitely is. Just not sure if they do that for multibillion dollar purchases of sports franchises.

They absolutely do! Electronic signatures are routinely used for this kind of large transaction. Donโ€™t know if there are any obscure NFL rules around this though tbf.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

ย 

Haha - definitely is. Just not sure if they do that for multibillion dollar purchases of sports franchises.

ย 

Unfortunately, you sign will whenย the offer is valid, which could be a matter of hours at some points. Hopefully it's ceremonial and also he's writing a handwritten apology to each of us using broken crayons

Edited by NewCliche21
Typo
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Then the plane crashed...

NO, not until all the paperwork has been signed off. ย We need no further complications. ย 
ย 

After it is all done; however, I am praying for either pirates or an icebergโ€ฆ.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MartinC said:

They absolutely do! Electronic signatures are routinely used for this kind of large transaction. Donโ€™t know if there are any obscure NFL rules around this though tbf.

ย 

I guess I feel like the NFL is sort of behind the curve on these types of newer business practices. They strike me as an old-school culture that doesn't adopt these kinds of things until they've been standard practice elsewhere for a while.

ย 

But hey, what do I know? Not like I'm an NFL owner or anything. :)

36 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Oh crap he might be coming to meddle in the draft. Someone needs to lock the doors to the war room immediately!

ย 

This statement is a sign of how beaten down we are that this is where some of us immediately "go" when thinking of the possibilities of the Snyder jet back on US soil.ย 

ย 

Can't say I blame you for this but I seriously think he's not going to be involved at all. He's already mentally out the door is the sense I get.

ย 

Just get that damn ink on paper, Dan!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Will he have to take the helmet sticker off the tail of his jets after the sale is complete? these are the important questions, friends!

He's going to leave it on to the very last second to keep collecting ad money.....still think that's one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard.

Watched a Will Compton video about Dan selling.ย  I can't post it here because it has expletives in it.

ย 

But in short he said he realized how bad the culture was once he left that building.ย  They had some good players but the toxic atmosphere from above would effect things -- and things never improved.

ย 

He shared a story of being at the movies I believe with other teammates.ย  Dan and Bruce sat a row in front of him and they were hammered. Dan told Bruce he was too loud and needed to quiet down.ย  Then Dan went to Bruce -- hey Bruce drink this and gave him something.ย ย 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today is my 42nd birthday.ย  ย I am 7+ years sober and my Eagles fan wife bought me this just because she knows how excited I am for this (she knows I'll display or give away,ย  not changing my new ways).

ย 

I know it's not official yet,ย  but damn it I'm getting excited anyway.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

Bye-Dan-beer-scaled.jpg

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

21 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Oh crap he might be coming to meddle in the draft. Someone needs to lock the doors to the war room immediately!

He only screws up with the draft when we need to pick a QB in the first round.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watched a Will Compton video about Dan selling.ย  I can't post it here because it has expletives in it.

ย 

But in short he said he realized how bad the culture was once he left that building.ย  They had some good players but the toxic atmosphere from above would effect things -- and things never improved.

ย 

He shared a story of being at the movies I believe with other teammates.ย  Dan and Bruce sat a row in front of him and they were hammered. Dan told Bruce he was too loud and needed to quiet down.ย  Then Dan went to Bruce -- hey Bruce drink this and gave him something.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

Would it be against the rules to post a link to the video with a disclaimer not to click on it if you are offended by foul language?

2 things.ย 

Can we start a go-fund-me account to pay his Jet Flight attendant to pour sour milk on the carpet

and

Can we keep Duck Fan as a consultant for the draft and player moves? ... if absolutely every move he wants to make, and has made, is wrong the opposite must be right... ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

ย 

ย 

Would it be against the rules to post a link to the video with a disclaimer not to click on it if you are offended by foul language?

ย 

Not sure.ย  But I tend to err on the conservative side.

ย 

If you go on youtube and do a search "Will Compton reacts to Dan Synder selling the Commanders"ย  it will pop.ย  it's short and worth a watch for sure.

28 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Actually read the rules, like you agreed to when you register an account, for your answer.

ย 

Or don't read them and take your chances, but don't expect another member to be responsible for what they tell you unless they're a mod.ย 

ย 

Also don't forget to wipe after making #2. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

ย 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CommDownMan said:

Today is my 42nd birthday.ย  ย I am 7+ years sober and my Eagles fan wife bought me this just because she knows how excited I am for this (she knows I'll display or give away,ย  not changing my new ways).

Congrats on the 7+ years sober! Smart and very strong man to resist temptation. ย 
ย 

Tip if the cap to you. ย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2