Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

LOL. That's just the way he want's it.

His name was originally pronounced 'THEES-man' rather than 'THIGHS-man'...although considering Joe's roving eye, THIGHS probably makes a lot more sense.

Didn't Phil Simms pwn Theismann on TV one time, after Joe said he was the last guy to wear a single bar facemask...and Phil said 'you're the expert on singles bars, Joe.'

• Haha 3

Really wanted to hear something by now. Until we have positive momentum and it looks like the sale will happen soon, then I am taking the thread title as a curse! Also, all of these beer cans and anti Dan shirts are a curse. 

@Reaper Skins please do your part and fix the thread title so we can move forward as a fan base. My underwear is on backwards for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Really wanted to hear something by now. Until we have positive momentum and it looks like the sale will happen soon, then I am taking the thread title as a curse! Also, all of these beer cans and anti Dan shirts are a curse. 

@Reaper Skins please do your part and fix the thread title so we can move forward as a fan base. My underwear is on backwards for the foreseeable future. 

Well, this is a little over a week old now but it does seem to hint at where things are. I suspect there won't be any more news until after the draft, since that's where all the NFL's focus is at the moment.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-sale-nfl-receives-terms-of-deal-to-sell-franchise-to-josh-harris-group-for-6-billion-per-report/

>>The Washington Commanders sale from owner Daniel Snyder to Josh Harris and his group for $6 billion took another step forward Monday, as the NFL received the details of the transaction, according to Sportico. The deal will set an NFL record for the most expensive sale in league history. The previous record of $4.65 billion was set last year by the Walton-Penner group when it purchased the Denver Broncos.

The details received by the league are the initial agreement between Snyder and Harris revolving around controlling interest in the Commanders. Following the NFL's review, it will be sent back to Snyder and Harris for final changes and signatures. The final step will be a resubmission to the league for approval from the other owners. Any sale of the team would have to be approved by three-quarters of NFL ownership. Owners plan to convene in May for a regularly scheduled spring meeting, where a vote on final approval could take place. Harris' previous bid for the Denver Broncos means the league is familiar with him and his finances, which would help expedite the approval process.

Harris owns the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers and NHL's New Jersey Devils. His group in the Commanders bid reportedly includes D.C.-area billionaire Mitchell Rales as well as Basketball Hall of Famer Magic Johnson.

Canadian billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos has been involved in the process, but there have been questions throughout about his ability to fund a bid that would ultimately be approved by the league. Houston Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta told CNBC he submitted a bid of $5.6 billion but had to "draw a line in the sand" there instead of at the $6 billion asking price...<<

1 hour ago, SonnySideUp said:

Well, this is a little over a week old now but it does seem to hint at where things are. I suspect there won't be any more news until after the draft, since that's where all the NFL's focus is at the moment.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-sale-nfl-receives-terms-of-deal-to-sell-franchise-to-josh-harris-group-for-6-billion-per-report/

>>The Washington Commanders sale from owner Daniel Snyder to Josh Harris and his group for $6 billion took another step forward Monday, as the NFL received the details of the transaction, according to Sportico. The deal will set an NFL record for the most expensive sale in league history. The previous record of $4.65 billion was set last year by the Walton-Penner group when it purchased the Denver Broncos.

The details received by the league are the initial agreement between Snyder and Harris revolving around controlling interest in the Commanders. Following the NFL's review, it will be sent back to Snyder and Harris for final changes and signatures. The final step will be a resubmission to the league for approval from the other owners. Any sale of the team would have to be approved by three-quarters of NFL ownership. Owners plan to convene in May for a regularly scheduled spring meeting, where a vote on final approval could take place. Harris' previous bid for the Denver Broncos means the league is familiar with him and his finances, which would help expedite the approval process.

Harris owns the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers and NHL's New Jersey Devils. His group in the Commanders bid reportedly includes D.C.-area billionaire Mitchell Rales as well as Basketball Hall of Famer Magic Johnson.

Canadian billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos has been involved in the process, but there have been questions throughout about his ability to fund a bid that would ultimately be approved by the league. Houston Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta told CNBC he submitted a bid of $5.6 billion but had to "draw a line in the sand" there instead of at the $6 billion asking price...<<

yeah, thanks I’ve been keeping up. I am just ready for Dan to sign. I’ve been fairly calm about the situation, but now I’m getting more anxious. 

it seems like when this board has a melt down and thinks Dan isn’t going to sign is when something in the process moves forward. So disappointed in all of y’all right now! Melt down!!!!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

yeah, thanks I’ve been keeping up. I am just ready for Dan to sign. I’ve been fairly calm about the situation, but now I’m getting more anxious. 

it seems like when this board has a melt down and thinks Dan isn’t going to sign is when something in the process moves forward. So disappointed in all of y’all right now! Melt down!!!!

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2023 at 10:32 AM, ntotoro said:

Dan doesn't get it... there could be nuclear warheads heading to the US and the story of him finally being purged will resurrect more quickly than Lazarus!!!

We'll throw a bunker parade if we must!  On zoom!  Walkie-talkies!  Tin-cans on a string!

Whatever/However/Whenever you go Dan, we're going to celebrate!  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Dan just doesn’t understand him leaving will border on an international holiday type celebration. There will be festivals from here to Mexico City, to London, to Hanoi, to Nairobi, to Zanzibar….ending in Sydney.

We may get a Disney movie out of this.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

With the draft tonight making headlines, it sure would be nice for Dan Snyder to slip in that he agreed to sell the Commanders to Josh Harris.

I can see him calling the NFL when the Redskins, Football Team, Commanders are on the clock and we do have a pick for #16 and that it's Tilman Fertita.

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I will bet not a single NFL owner will vote against this. They want Dan gone yesterday and they are not going to find a better solution to their "Dan" problem than the Harris group and price, not even the Canadian guy and definitely not Walsh's mysterious 7 B in cash. 

Edited by SonnySideUp

5 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Dan just doesn’t understand him leaving will border on an international holiday type celebration. There will be festivals from here to Mexico City, to London, to Hanoi, to Nairobi, to Zanzibar….ending in Sydney.

All over the galaxies.