Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Sounds like Steve a only wants to get his foot in the door of the Washington real estate market and don’t really care about the team!   No thanks!  I’ll take the guy with multiple teams.   Too bad I don’t have a say in the matter. 

after Snyder!  We as fans need more than that!   

• Like 6

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Honestly, Snyder being from the area has soured me on that idea also, probably not fair, but I'd be lying if I said that didn't play a role in my bias against him, blame Dan.

Right now I'm at

50% Steve Canada 

40% Harris

10% I wake from this nightmare to find out Amazon Bezos actually makes q last minute bid

Harris and the Canadian are subject to switch positions in my mind day to day.

Wait what? Harris has a successful history and is not attention-seeking. I was a Bezos guy, too, but Harris is no-contest here. I don't know what your reasoning is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Wait what? Harris has a successful history and is not attention-seeking. I was a Bezos guy, too, but Harris is no-contest here. I don't know what your reasoning is.

I explained it a few posts up. My preference right now is for someone with less (sports teams) on his plate.

Also don't get confused, I'm not going to hate it when Harris wins lol.

13 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Honestly, Snyder being from the area has soured me on that idea also, probably not fair, but I'd be lying if I said that didn't play a role in my bias against him, blame Dan.

Right now I'm at

50% Steve Canada 

40% Harris

10% I wake from this nightmare to find out Amazon Bezos actually makes a last minute bid

Harris and the Canadian are subject to switch positions in my mind day to day.

I've for a long time preferred Harris.  And over time, It's only grown.  Never disliked Bezos as a possibility.  But a hardcore fan of Bezos on that thread woudn't accept anything short of adulation for the dude :ols: -- anyone not infatuated with him as an owner was a hater.  But I was good with Bezos.  But I distinctly preferred Harris. 

i didn't like the profile of Frettita and Steven A based on what i knew about both -- but Steven A granted was more of a mystery.  lol, his apperance on CNBC hasn't helped make me feel any warmer about him.   It turned me off a little more if anything.

Granted I am reading way too much from a small appearance, but heck there is so little on this guy so I don't have much to work with.   From the little I've digested, he comes off to me a cold fish.  And i suspect this is much more about making money than any love for the sport.  And granted they all want to make money.  But when you watch people like Robert Kraft, you can tell he really loves it.  And i am big on having passion for your business where its not some cold driven purely money making exercise.  Granted that might not be the case in the end for Steven A -- but its my early-superifical impression. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I explained it a few posts up. My preference right now is for someone with less (sports teams) on his plate.

I'll go back and look.  And thank you for your last sentence; I hope that this W is a W for all.

• Thanks 1

The Commanders sale isn’t final, but there is a timeline now for getting the deal done and getting Dan Snyder out of the NFL. Last week, I’m told, the NFL got an outline of the agreement by Snyder to sell the franchise to a group fronted by Sixers and Devils owner Josh Harris for $6.05 billion. And while Snyder hasn’t definitively said he’s going through with it, the pieces are in place to complete the sale within about a month.

First, the league must complete its examination and background work on the group, a process that will be fast-tracked since the league vetted Harris last year, when he was bidding on the Broncos. Part of that will be doing checks on Harris’s partner, Mitchell Rales—the founder of Danaher, a corporation with an enterprise value of close to a quarter trillion dollars. Rales is widely respected and expected to be approved through the process along with Magic Johnson. They are committed to buying smaller pieces of the team.

While that’s going on, the NFL’s finance committee is scheduled to meet in New York on May 10 as part of a set of committee meetings that week on Park Avenue. That meeting had been on the books before Snyder reached an agreement with Harris, but the expectation is that’s where Harris and his group will give the committee an in-depth presentation on the structure of the deal and show they have the financial resources needed.

Given the track record of Harris and Rales, it’s assumed that part is a formality, but it is important to the owners. There’s an assumption that the winning bidders will need to come up with billions more to build a new stadium in the D.C. area, especially in an economy in which getting public funding approved would be challenging.

Once approved by the finance committee, the owners will vote on the sale to Harris’s group. The hope, for now, is that the vote happens at the league’s spring meeting, which will be held at a hotel near the Vikings’ practice facility in Minnesota from May 22 to 24. And the deal should close within three or four business days of the vote.

Which means by June 1 a new era should be underway in D.C.

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 11

16 hours ago, Cool Hwhip said:

Just bought this!:lol:

washington-commanders-major-tuddy-bye-dan-snyder-shirt-shirt.jpg

Help old dotard out.

I created an etee account and have been searching for these damn things but don't see it anywhere l.

I know it's some simple mistake I'm making but can't find it.

Can anyone help?

P.S. Have a neurologist appntmnt at 1pm so may be a while before I respond if he has trouble finding my brain.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

For some strange reason I wouldn't mind this Canadian bloke. He's probably not getting the team, but I'm not going to be disappointed if he pulls off the upset 🤷‍♂️.

This contradicts your reasoning for wanting Bezos: 

You stated you wanted Bezos because of his wealth since we need a new stadium. And that made sense.

But now you're rooting for the least wealthiest person with no ties to the area (knowing government officials) and no experience in running a professional sports franchise.

Seems odd to me....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

This contradicts your reasoning for wanting Bezos: 

You stated you wanted Bezos because of his wealth since we need a new stadium. And that made sense.

But now you're rooting for the least wealthiest person with no ties to the area (knowing government officials) and no experience in running a professional sports franchise.

Seems odd to me....

I only wanted Bezos because it guaranteed a new stadium and facility by 2027. Harris and this other guy are equals in this department to me, I'm sure he'll add viable partners to his group if he's serious. 

I can't see Harris or Steve getting a new home until 2030 at the earliest, honestly. 

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I only wanted Bezos because it guaranteed a new stadium and facility by 2027. Harris and this other guy are equals in this department to me, I'm sure he'll add viable partners to his group if he's serious. 

I can't see Harris or Steve getting a new home until 2030 at the earliest, honestly. 

I don't see how Bezos would guarantee a stadium by 2027 but Harris or the Canadian guy needing at least 3 years longer. All of them would still need to find a viable piece of land. They all need to go through the process of getting locality support. Are you saying Bezos would bribe his way through the process? I guarantee you Bezos would still finance the stadium. He wouldn't just open his checkbook and pay with a check or in Steve A.'s case a cheque.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I don't see how Bezos would guarantee a stadium by 2027 but Harris or the Canadian guy needing at least 3 years longer. All of them would still need to find a viable piece of land. They all need to go through the process of getting locality support. Are you saying Bezos would bribe his way through the process? I guarantee you Bezos would still finance the stadium. He wouldn't just open his checkbook and pay write a check or in Steve A.'s case a cheque.

I'm saying he would use the land in Crystal City for the stadium where the abandoned Amazon project is. 😌

Edited by spjunkies
Got my Virginia mixed up

18 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm saying he would use the land in Crystal City for the stadium where the abandoned Amazon project is. 😌

You can probably time the denial by Arlington County on an NFL stadium project in Crystal City with an egg timer.  Besides, Amazon HQ2 site was something like 10-15 acres.  ATT Stadium site is 100 and SoFi is close to 300.  You can't fit an NFL stadium project in Crystal City without massive eminent domain on existing extremely expensive commercial, retail, and residential real estate.  It's a non-starter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

You can probably time the denial by Arlington County on an NFL stadium project in Crystal City with an egg timer.  Besides, Amazon HQ2 site was something like 10-15 acres.  ATT Stadium site is 100 and SoFi is close to 300.  You can't fit an NFL stadium project in Crystal City without massive eminent domain on existing extremely expensive commercial, retail, and residential real estate.  It's a non-starter.

Good deal, you lads should be happy I want the Canadian. Now there is zero chance he'll get it, just the way things work with me, is all.

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Even I'm a little familiar with Crystal City. If they have the land, that would be a great location. 

GW Parkway would be the bottleneck for the people coming from MD though. It is hard enough right now as it is trying to get to 395 from GW or even if you go the Pentagon local ways. It would be an okay place and not great. But then again really no location in the DMV area can be called a great place. 

9 minutes ago, zCommander said:

GW Parkway would be the bottleneck for the people coming from MD though. It is hard enough right now as it is trying to get to 395 from GW or even if you go the Pentagon local ways.

Even now with a Terrible Nats team, that exit is a nightmare. Def would need major road upgrades for something built there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Good deal, you lads should be happy I want the Canadian. Now there is zero chance he'll get it, just the way things work with me, is all.

We're all Commanders fans and many orioles fans.    You think you're the only one with the bad juju?  Haha

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I actually wouldn't mind Stephen A. He seems like the type that would just spend money and hire smart people and let them do their job. The type of owner you near really see or hear, which is honestly ideal after ~25 years of Snyder hell.

Based on what does he strike you that type?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, spjunkies said:

guy with lots of sports teams probably doesnt have the time or desire to play gm anymore. By now he knows what hes looking for in a gm

44 minutes ago, dunfer said:

guy with lots of sports teams probably doesnt have the time or desire to play gm anymore. By now he knows what hes looking for in a gm

Agree.  To play off of this point.

Be one thing if there was a mystery about how Harris plays on this front.  I posted a zllion articles about how with both the 76ers and Devils, his drill was find the best GM in the sport, and the best coach, and get out of their way. 

Steve A, I'll grant i don't know for sure.  But i know 5 things about him.

A.  He really really wants to buy a sports team -- any sports team

B.  He makes his money in real estate -- and per one of my posts there is a good chance he doesn't want DC as a location.  the assumption is because of the real estate value of building up an area around the stadium

C. He flat out said in his CNBC interview that he likes the investment value of owning an NFL team

D. He's never run a sports team before

E.  He'd have one of the lowest net worths among NFL owners.

So for me to conclude that he would be a more exciting owner or even equal owner to Harris feels a bit wild to me. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2