Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, -9- said:

no doubt an unstoppable Dream Team.

Yeah just like the bruins.

But seriously what's with all the eagles love around here lately?

Even if they win the next ten superbowls they'll still be the eagles and suck!!!!

This fanbase couldn't possibly get any lower than it is right now.

No love for the Eagles.  But love for aggressively making trades to build draft capital and working the draft, trades, FA -- they do it much better than we do

Won the SB 5 years ago. almost won it last year.

The Giants among others raided their FO.

I don't think its nuts for us to do the same.  for who in their FO?  I got no idea.  But I do like how they go about their business and I do their their FO is better at what they do than ours is -- sorry, but to me its true. 

I like Rivera but no i don't think he runs a FO on par with really anyone in this division.  I liked him over Gettleman but alas Gettleman is gone.  And Schoen seems swift. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No love for the Eagles.  But love for aggressively making trades to build draft capital and working the draft, trades, FA -- they do it much better than we do

Won the SB 5 years ago. almost won it last year.

The Giants among others raided their FO.

I don't think its nuts for us to do the same.  for who in their FO?  I got no idea.  But I do like how they go about their business and I do their their FO is better at what they do than ours is -- sorry, but to me its true. 

I like Rivera but no i don't think he runs a FO on par with really anyone in this division.  I liked him over Gettleman but alas Gettleman is gone.  And Schoen seems swift. 

I get all that and it's true but that's the type of stuff you just realize is true and don't speak it, especially about a division rival.

It's like constantly pointing out to your wife when a woman that's hotter than she is walks by, it's not healthy.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I get all that and it's true but that's the type of stuff you just realize is true and don't speak it, especially about a division rival.

It's like constantly pointing out to your wife when a woman that's hotter than she is walks by, it's not healthy.

Unlike your significant other, you expect to change coaches and gm on a regular basis.

• Thumb up 1

I know there will be time for this if/when the sale goes through and the front office is cleared out, but i was looking at the Eagles front office personnel.  One name that stood out was Alec Hataby, assistant GM.  Appears to be a young guy climbing up the ranks.  Doesn't hurt that he went to Harvard.  I also looked at the Pittsburgh Steelers front office personnel.  Remember, Josh Harris owns a percentage of the Steelers and got to see first hand how a quality organization is run.  A name of interest there is Andy Weidl who is the assistant GM.  After reading up on him I was impressed with what others have said about him.  Doesn't hurt that before joining the Steelers he was with the Eagles front office.

I know this post is premature, just wanted to throw some names out there if/when the front office shakeup takes place.  I am sure there will be other names when the time comes.  In Harris I trust.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I hear you.  The thing is if Harris ends up the guy, the hot girl might be in play.  I think a divorce is in play with the wife. 

If Dan was the owner it would be a wild fantasy where you'd just be torturing yourself.  I agree.

But dudes who cover both the Eagles and the 76ers, have said expect that if Harris runs this team the FO will be Eagles style competent -- he likes inventive-aggressive, best of the best FOs.   Considering the 76ers play just feet away from the Eagles and Roseman seems to be the type of dude that Harris likes to hire -- i don't think its far fetched that this team raids their FO.

Under Dan, he could give a rats behind about a hot FO.  He has never had one.  He probably never would have one if he stayed as owner.    His version of it is get a coach who is out of his league as a hire, but get him by promising FO control which he wouldn't get elsewhere.  What FO guy speaks to nostalgia or who will be his buddy?

With Harris, its not, hey he's not Dan so just expect better.  With him, getting the hottest-brightest FO guy is his calling card as an owner.  So I expect something like this -- sometime after this season.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Yeah just like the bruins.

But seriously what's with all the eagles love around here lately?

Even if they win the next ten superbowls they'll still be the eagles and suck!!!!

This fanbase couldn't possibly get any lower than it is right now.

People like more intelligent football discussion. It’s not “love”, it’s talking good roster-building strategy vs. bad. The tr1-style “every division opponent is teh sucks no matter what!!1!” posting style went out of fashion like ten years ago. Rational discussion is nice. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

People like more intelligent football discussion. It’s not “love”, it’s talking good roster-building strategy vs. bad. The tr1-style “every division opponent is teh sucks no matter what!!1!” posting style went out of fashion like ten years ago. Rational discussion is nice. 

It's certainly the more mature way to go about it.

Still hate praising the eagles though.

49 minutes ago, Conn said:

The flip side is some people posting Eagles' news on here gleefully as if this is an Eagles message board. GTFOH with that ****. Reasonable discussion is fine, moonlighting as an Eagles fan is another thing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

The flip side is some people posting Eagles' news on here gleefully as if this is an Eagles message board. GTFOH with that ****. Reasonable discussion is fine, moonlighting as an Eagles fan is another thing. 

Meh.  I'd rather look at how they win than sit here and whine about how we don't.

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

Unlike your significant other, you expect to change coaches and gm on a regular basis.

I have not followed that premise per SOs. I've been in the "move to another town every few years without telling anyone" mode, as TK knows. Hell, zoony would get annoyed that I changed my phone number so often.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Meh.  I'd rather look at how they win than sit here and whine about how we don't.

They have a great GM while we have had the worst owner in sports for the last 24 years that refused to cede control to one. It's not rocket science. 

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

I have not followed that premise per SOs. I've been in the "move to another town every few years without telling anyone" mode, as TK knows. Hell, zoony would get annoyed that I changed my phone number so often.

I just want you to exercise caution before you pick your next SO from the Eagles front office

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I believe it was Billions. 51 billions all fronted by white people. 

Yes it was.... So this makes me wonder. If he doesn't buy the Commanders, will he still have 51 billion or was that only on the condition that he buys the Commanders. That whole thing is a joke.

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Everybody watch out!!! Jumbo is typing!!!

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

Well that was totally unclimactic lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

They have a great GM while we have had the worst owner in sports for the last 24 years that refused to cede control to one. It's not rocket science. 

Getting rid of this piece of **** will make an enormous impact on us.  There is no doubt.

His absence, though, does not create a positive, just a space for one.  We need to replace our situation with a better one, not just make it a "Good Riddance" position.  That's what I mean.

I want the best at every position, from the field to the front office.  Always. I am done with "not ****ty."

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

I want the best at every position, from the field to the front office.  Always. I am done with "not ****ty."

By all accounts, Josh Harris is known to be exactly that based upon the way he has turned the NJ Devils and the 76ers around in a handful of years.  I'm looking forward to him coming in and cleaning house and building our FO in his model.  There is hope on the horizon!  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Getting rid of this piece of **** will make an enormous impact on us.  There is no doubt.

His absence, though, does not create a positive, just a space for one.  We need to replace our situation with a better one, not just make it a "Good Riddance" position.  That's what I mean.

I think we are all done with "not ****ty". Until we have a new owner we're unfortunately stuck in limbo

4 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I want the Eagles to be good. Good enough so that when the Commanders are better and beat them out of a playoff spot or in the playoffs, it crushes their obnoxious fans' hearts. I want it to hurt.

No fun beating up on a palooka, after all.

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

I want the Eagles to be good. Good enough so that when the Commanders are better and beat them out of a playoff spot or in the playoffs, it crushes their obnoxious fans' hearts. I want it to hurt.

I want our home stadium to have more fans, lots more fans that the opposing team.

• Like 1