Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Schedule Rumors, Leaks, Mocks, etc.

kleese

5 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Based on what?  Last time this team went to Philly, they beat an undefeated team.  The Bills are definitely tough, but this team has historically beaten Buffalo when they get them at home

Actually we are 3-3 all time vs Bills at home. This will only be the 7th all time meeting. 

1 minute ago, samy316 said:

Uh, that’s when they had QB’s like EJ Manuel

and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I think Josh Allen is juuuussst a little bit better than those guys, LOL.

Last time we played the Bills w/ Josh Allen, he dropped 4TDs and 350+ yards on us.

If Sam has developed into the QB that we hope he can be, they might have to win a shootout there.  Let's see what happens

1 minute ago, kleese said:

Actually we are 3-3 all time vs Bills at home. This will only be the 7th all time meeting. 

Still better than their record in Buffalo vs the Bills

I like our schedule for the most part. Our division games aren’t all tacked on the end of the year and we have some tougher games early on to see where we are. The cards and Denver are some beatable teams to open against 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kleese said:

Was not on a holiday last year 

Correction. You're right. In my head it was, because that's my birthday weekend for the dates last year. 😂 Have been trying to make that drive to see the new Jerry world and it never works out because it's always been Christmas/NY Eve or Thanksgiving. 

Tough schedule but if we get off to a decent start and Howell does what I think he can, see no reason can't at the bare minimum finish .500 and probably do even better. Now to plan out what games I will be driving up to see haha.

2 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

If Sam has developed into the QB that we hope he can be, they might have to win a shootout there.  Let's see what happens

Still better than their record in Buffalo vs the Bills

That’s hoping for a lot.  He’s essentially a rookie next year.  If our defense is off that game, we aren’t winning a shootout against the Bills.  That’s preposterous.  The only way we’re winning games next year, is holding our opponents to less than 21 points.  We don’t have a chance in hell of winning games if we give up more than 21 points.  Our offensive line is still trash last time I checked.

• Thumb down 1

26 minutes ago, samy316 said:

That’s hoping for a lot.  He’s essentially a rookie next year.  If our defense is off that game, we aren’t winning a shootout against the Bills.  That’s preposterous.  The only way we’re winning games next year, is holding our opponents to less than 21 points.  We don’t have a chance in hell of winning games if we give up more than 21 points.  Our offensive line is still trash last time I checked.

Yeah, Sam is essentially playing his rookie season, but if he can pick up EB's offense, he could surprise some people.  The OL, particularly the left side is suspect.  I have more faith in EB to score more than 21 points.  If he can't, he's no better than Scott Turner

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

If of that happens, the season is basically a failure and everyone including EB is probably let go and they are probably staring at a top 5 pick and have to start over in 2024.  I'm tried of the the slow starts.  Here's hoping Rivera actually feels some urgency this year with his job on the line

How many people here would really be that upset with this outcome? Harris will be able to get any GM candidate and any HC they want. Throw in a top-5 pick? Yes please. 

If Rivera wants to go on a run that’s fine, it’s all gravy with a new owner imo. Acting like it going bad is going to lead to Harris throwing the baby out with the bath water is hilarious to me though—because in this case the baby is a stuffed chimp and the bath water is lukewarm Coors.

A fresh start is damn enticing under a new owner, if Rivera doesn’t pull off the improbable this year. I’m not gonna pretend otherwise. This season is stress-free for me for just that reason. That’s just me, though. I respect that you want to win ASAP and hope Rivera is the guy to do it. It would certainly streamline things. But imo it’s building an extension onto a house with a cracked foundation. I’d rather just get out of this coming season with no torn tendons to any of our better players and wait excitedly to see who Harris hires. 

• Like 3

screw it, I'm normally the guy who says we're going to be around 500, not this time.

We're going to finish 12-5 or 11-6.  We'll split with the NFC East, we lose to the Bills, we lose the 49ers.  Maybe we lose to the Rams if Stafford is playing up to par.

Russell Wilson isn't having a great comeback year this year.  Geno Smith will come back to Earth.  Aaron Rodgers is only 3-4 against us. 

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The home/road alignment is unpleasant.  Don't have 2 consecutive home games until week 17 and 18.  And 4 out of 5 on the road in the middle of the season. 

Not like we have homefield advantage anyway......every game might as well be an away game at this point.  

9 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I love how we finished last and yet our schedule still sucks ass.

Most of the schedule (the opponents, not the order they’re played in or where) is determined years in advance. The divisions on our schedule this year are just tough. 

21 minutes ago, Conn said:

Most of the schedule (the opponents, not the order they’re played in or where) is determined years in advance. The divisions on our schedule this year are just tough. 

Yep, yet every year there are fans who think there is some kind of conspiracy against us. 

I'm surprised our game in Denver is a 4:25-er. 

56 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

A New Years Eve game. FML🤬

I’m actually pumped up about that. My kids have not been to DC yet. I’m coming for that game against the 49ers and week 18 against Dallas. I really hope we are in the playoffs or playoff contention. Sucks traveling to a meaningless game. I have done it but it sucks. 

• Like 2

Its more advantageous to play really good teams late in the year. More likely they'll rest starters. 

The seven game stretch from weeks 7-13 is rough. Six of the seven are playoffs and the only non is the Pats in New England which is always tough. If we go even 3-4 in that time I think we can make a late season playoff push.

Edited by Warhead36

36 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I’m actually pumped up about that. My kids have not been to DC yet. I’m coming for that game against the 49ers and week 18 against Dallas. I really hope we are in the playoffs or playoff contention. Sucks traveling to a meaningless game. I have done it but it sucks. 

Understood.

If we didn't attend nearly every home game, I'd feel the same way.

That, and Missus Skinsfan made it clear that we're going out this New Year's,  and FedEx isn't going to be the venue😅

If it's a meaningful game, I may be able to sway her, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

image.png.274e8f4e38ab61e90aafcc61bdbac6fd.png

OK. I seen me enough Seahawks and Redskins games in my life.

in the Kingdome, and at CenturyLink Field.

Even saw Michael Westbrook catch a deep sideline TD catch... I was the only one standing/cheering.

The hawks fans are bonafide a-holes.  They think they're in Philly and harass the bejeezus out of opposing fans, especially in the upper bowl.

I'll just watch this one in my living room (in seattle)

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 1

I'm struggling to think of a schedule I hated more then this one when I first saw it.

We notoriously start slow...so we get the few games I can with a straight face say we should absolutely win in the beginning of the season...so if we start slow the season is totally over by October.

Our Bye isn't until December and the middle of the season we are barely home, non-stop back to back road games, we don't get back to back home games until the last two of the season?

I get it, divisions are decided well in advance of schedule releases...but they wrote this one up brutally with no love whatsoever.  **** from way with me on two thursday games.

whatever-it-is-thanks-i-hate-it-ahkeuhk2nfjx4gbb.gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

1. How come the Giants get to be **** for years, have one decent season and are suddenly contenders? Well, they have a contender's schedule...lets see if they can contend.

2. Our schedule doesn't scare me, I think we'll split the division at least then there are the teams people think we should fear:

Bills: The Bills are on the decline, they're not bad, but they're not the powerhouse they once were. We've gotten better since our last outing, I say bring it on and lets see what our boys can do.

Seahawks: They started out hot, then cooled way off. I'm somewhat confused as to why people think this team is amazing, this team should be a good test of what kind of team we are going to be going through the season.

Miami: Even if Tua was healthy, this team scares me more than the others, but not by much. Tua might be retired by the time we play them, but this team make too many arrogant mistakes to be considered dangerous. I know they have a young, new HC, but I see a young, arrogant kid celebrating on the sidelines like he won the game before its close to over. This team likes to **** in its own shoe, they'll make mistakes.

Jets: I hate this stat, but I'm going to use it. We play Aaron Rodgers pretty well, so I don't understand why everyone thinks the Jets are going to stomp us. I expect to see Rodgers in the dirt quite a lot that game.

49ers: Depends who their QB is, but I would like to see a rematch.