Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Schedule Rumors, Leaks, Mocks, etc.

kleese

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Jack might get the boot also.  Besides struggling at qb, o-line sucking; the defense failing would be another reason for sucking this year. So, if there’s a late season coaching change, Jack might also join Ron in getting the boot.

If the defense falters that badly, it'll be because of a massive injury bug. We had a top 5 unit last year and added more to it. 

Your prediction both have us struggling because of the offense. 

Our defense will be very good again. Forbes, Martin and Chase healthy are all big adds.

The offense will have a QB with 1 game under his belt, a bad and probably injured Oline, barely a starting TE and an inexperienced play calling OC.

The offense is going to be exciting. Lots of huge big plays peppered into the ground and pound. Lots of huge failures too.

I think SamWow is gonna have a very Jameis Winston 2019 type of season. 

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Best Case: 9-8

Week 1: Cards- Win: 1-0

Week 2: @Broncos- Win: 2-0

Week 3: Bills- Loss: 2-1

Week 4: @Eagles- Loss: 2-2

Week 5: Bears- Win: 3-2

Week 6: @Falcons- Win: 4-2

Week 7: @Giants- Loss: 4-3

Week 8: Eagles- Win: 5-3

Week 9: @Pats- Loss: 5-4

Week 10: @Seahawks- Loss: 5-5

Week 11: Giants- Win: 6-5

Week 12: @Boys- Loss: 6-6

Week 13: Dolphins- Win: 7-6

Week 14: Bye

Week 15: @Rams- Win: 8-6

Week 16: @Jets- Loss: 8-7

Week 17: 49ers- Loss: 8-8

Week 18: Boys- Win: 9-8

We earn the 7th seed.

Wild Card: @Unknown 2nd seed- Loss: 0-1

So best case we finish 9-9, making the playoffs as the 7th seed with a 9-8 record but losing in the wild card round to finish 9-9.

=====================================================================================================

Worst Case: 6-11

Week 1: Cards- Win: 1-0

Week 2: @Broncos- Loss: 1-1

Week 3: Bills- Loss: 1-2

Week 4: @Eagles- Loss: 1-3

Week 5: Bears- Win: 2-3

Week 6: @Falcons- Loss: 2-4

Week 7: @Giants- Loss: 2-5

Sam is benched. Jacoby starts.

Week 8: Eagles- Win: 3-5

Week 9: @Pats- Loss: 3-6

Week 10: @Seahawks- Loss: 3-7

Week 11: Giants- Win: 4-7

Week 12: @Boys- Loss: 4-8

Week 13: Dolphins- Win: 5-8

Week 14: Bye

Week 15: @Rams- Loss: 5-9 

Week 16: @Jets- Loss: 5-10

Jacoby is benched. Sam finishes season as starter. Ron is fired and EB finishes the season as interim coach. The gms if they haven't been fired beforehand, are also fired. 

Week 17: 49ers- Loss: 5-11

Week 18: Boys- Win: 6-11

So worst case we finish 6-11.  Sam struggles and is benched after a 2-5 start. Jacoby goes 3-5 before being benched. Josh decides to get a jump on the coaching season by firing Ron with 2 games left. Also, gets a jump of the gm season by cleaning house also.  He lets EB finish the season as interim coach. Sam gets to start the final 2 games.  

I say we will finish closer to the worse case than best case. Ron may last the entire season, but everyone will shown the door in the 24 offseason.

I agree with all of this.  Because this is a Ron Rivera-led team, with a penchant for slow starts, and mediocre QB play, this team isn’t capable of getting to 10 wins.  9 wins would be the best case scenario for this team.  Because the defense is so good, our floor is unfortunately a lot higher than our ceiling.  I don’t see us winning less than 6 games, barring major injuries to the defense.  That would mean another year in purgatory, with a record around or just outside the Top 10 of the draft.  If we do finish 6-11, we’ll be within striking distance to possibly make a major move towards trading up yo the top of the draft for 2024.

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

If the defense falters that badly, it'll be because of a massive injury bug. We had a top 5 unit last year and added more to it. 

Your prediction both have us struggling because of the offense. 

Our defense will be very good again. Forbes, Martin and Chase healthy are all big adds.

The offense will have a QB with 1 game under his belt, a bad and probably injured Oline, barely a starting TE and an inexperienced play calling OC.

The offense is going to be exciting. Lots of huge big plays peppered into the ground and pound. Lots of huge failures too.

I think SamWow is gonna have a very Jameis Winston 2019 type of season. 

I actually think the defense won’t be as good. Chase won’t rebound and will be looking to leave.

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I actually think the defense won’t be as good. Chase won’t rebound and will be looking to leave.

That's great to hear. Sounds like Chase and Sweat will be playing for contracts this year which will only help.

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

If our offense is abysmal as you predict why would they promote the architect of it to finish the season?

Offense struggles it will because Sam isn’t that much and Jacoby doesn’t do anything if he starts.  The offensive line still sucks.  That’s on Ron, the Gm.

If EB gets the offense to produce more points, he would be given a shot over Jack. If the offense is no different, then no you would be right and they give interim Jack.

11 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Oh boy, if the defense takes a step back next year, we really could be looking at a 5-12 record or worse.  This defense is the only reason I'm not predicting less than 6 wins.  Our floor is too high for us to have a terrible record.  Any injuries to the defense or regression, and we will DEFINITELY be in the conversation for worst team in the NFL.

Edited by samy316

1. We can take the Pats, Seahawks and Jets...not saying we will...but don't be shocked if we do...but don't be shocked if we don't...but we can...

2. I'm putting the Bills as the upset for our season, they're vulnerable and trending down. They're ripe for the picking, we have them early, but that could work out for us.

3. I'm only seeing two preseason games, did they change this from last year or am I missing something? I've been quite tired lately.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 2:10 PM, samy316 said:

Oh boy, if the defense takes a step back next year, we really could be looking at a 5-12 record or worse.  This defense is the only reason I'm not predicting less than 6 wins.  Our floor is too high for us to have a terrible record.  Any injuries to the defense or regression, and we will DEFINITELY be in the conversation for worst team in the NFL.

Even if the D takes a step back, I still expect 7 wins minimum. Their schedule was arguably harder in 2021 with a bad D and worse roster.

1 hour ago, method man said:

Even if the D takes a step back, I still expect 7 wins minimum. Their schedule was arguably harder in 2021 with a bad D and worse roster.

I highly doubt this team wins more than 7 games, if the defense regresses this upcoming season.  We have a very shaky and questionable QB room, AND our O-Line is worse than it was in 2021. Our schedule is just as tough this year as it was in 2021.  We face the Bills with Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts twice, Aaron Rodgers, the 49ers defense and Russell Wilson with an MUCH improved offensive mind in Sean Payton.  If Tua is healthy, then that Miami team is also an extremely scary matchup.  We’re probably going to have to be at least a Top 3 defense or better, and win the turnover margin way more than we did last year, in order to win 7 games with our QB situation and lackluster O-Line.

Edited by samy316
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I highly doubt this team wins more than 7 games, if the defense regresses this upcoming season.  We have a very shaky and questionable QB room, AND our O-Line is worse than it was in 2021. Our schedule is just as tough this year as it was in 2021.  We face the Bills with Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts twice, Aaron Rodgers, the 49ers defense and Russell Wilson with an MUCH improved offensive mind in Sean Payton.  If Tua is healthy, then that Miami team is also an extremely scary matchup.  We’re probably going to have to be at least a Top 3 defense or better, and win the turnover margin way more than we did last year, in order to win 7 games with our QB situation and lackluster O-Line.

We have a winning record vs Aaron Rodgers, we're 3-2 vs Hurts including ending an undefeated season.  Okay, we have to face the 49ers D.  Brock Purdy has to face ours.  Purdy could end up being flash in the pan

On 5/17/2023 at 3:07 PM, Simmsy said:

1. We can take the Pats, Seahawks and Jets...not saying we will...but don't be shocked if we do...but don't be shocked if we don't...but we can...

2. I'm putting the Bills as the upset for our season, they're vulnerable and trending down. They're ripe for the picking, we have them early, but that could work out for us.

3. I'm only seeing two preseason games, did they change this from last year or am I missing something? I've been quite tired lately.

Three preseason games. First is at the Browns and is TBD on day/time. We play the Ravens on ESPN on Monday night the 21st and we host the Bengals at 1pm on the 26th. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrJL said:

We have a winning record vs Aaron Rodgers, we're 3-2 vs Hurts including ending an undefeated season.  Okay, we have to face the 49ers D.  Brock Purdy has to face ours.  Purdy could end up being flash in the pan

The Eagles are a formidable force now in the NFC.  They're clearly the best team in the conference (SF is right below them in the pecking order).  We're going to be heavily outmatched against them this go around, and going forward.  Jalen Hurts is only going to get better and better, and he'll be the best QB in the NFC for the foreseeable future.  I don't know how you expect us to beat the 49ers, when their D would torture our offensive line.  Howell will be running for his life.  It doesn't matter whose in at QB on the 49ers, they'll easily beat this team with that D.  Our D is not at SF's level.  It's close, but not there yet.

Edited by samy316

• 2 months later...

That December 17 game in LA really have me nervous. I'm planning on going to that game and with the flex now extended to Monday night, if this game has any playoff implications, it's a prime target for a flexed game. A Sunday night flex would be no problem, but a Monday flex would hurt. 

EDIT:The Rams play the following Thursday, so the would cancel Commanders/Rams for Monday night. 

Edited by No Nonsense

On 5/15/2023 at 8:44 AM, samy316 said:

Because this is a Ron Rivera-led team, with a penchant for slow starts, and mediocre QB play, this team isn’t capable of getting to 10 wins.

I don't see it happening, either. I have us winning nine, too. That 10 game stretch with seven on the road, is going to be tough.