Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Browns ~ Need To Put The Dawg Pound Back In The Dog House!

zCommander

Head: Commanders 24, Browns 17

Washington playing for their play-off lives at home vs a team with nothing but pride to play for. Yes, we have seen this movie before and it didn't end well vs the Giants a few years back. I think things will be different this time.

Gut: Browns 21, Commanders 17

This is the type of spot that makes me nauseous as a fan of this team. A must-win, home game vs an opponent with a worse record--at least it's not on prime-time.

Liver: Commanders 34, Browns 13

We finally get to breathe easy in a contest like this and win in convincing fashion. Wentz and Robinson play well and Turner comes with a balanced game-plan that meshes the run and play-action seamlessly. Defense restores our faith in their abilities as well, after last week's showing. Huzzah! 🍻

I'm feeling saucy. I'll go with my Liver.

Edited by Wyndorf25
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

In the past, teams get well against us.  I think the same thing will happen this week.

turds 27

RedComfootSkinsmanteamders 9

I feel like Wentz COULD have a good game because he hasn't had the running game working in the past which could help him if they can run.  It may keep the defense on its heels just enough to allow him to get a few passes away.  But I just don't think so.  The browns defense is pretty good; the coaches will call a stupid game as usual on both sides of the ball and it'll be REALLY close or the browns will just win.

I'm going to have a bad feeling about this game on Sunday, I fear.  

However, as of this minute right now, I feel good about it. 

Wentz comes in and doesn't just throw bombs, he carpet bombs Cleveland, taking out weeks of frustration of watching noodle arm moxie man attempt to play QB thinking all the while, "how in the hell did he get so lucky the ref decked a defender who was going to intercept a ball?  

It's his birthday weekend. He's going to be relaxed, calm, cool, collected.  He's going to want to celebrate with a win.  

Wentz throws 4 TDs, 1 INT, 375 yards.  He makes a concerted effort to throw the ball to Terry McLaurin who gets 8 for 150.  

Commanders: 35

Browns: 13

For all the talk of a trap game or let down or whatever.  I just don't see it.  Now that said, the team could still lose for other reasons, but they are 7-7-1, there should be no such thing as a trap game when you are .500.  Not to mention, technically they haven't won a game in about a month so it's not like there is anything to be riding high about going into this game.   They screwed the pooch against the NYG and it has a good chance of costing them the playoffs, but as of now they control their own destiny and if that isn't enough motivation to go out there and win against a team that likely has one foot into the offseason, then they simply don't deserve to be in the playoffs either.

• Like 1

Listening to the Browns beat reporters this week, they seem sold there is a good chance that Watson has his breakthrough game this Sunday.  They said he's incrementally gotten better with each game and apparently the Browns in the bad weather were dropping his throws last weekend which they don't expect to happen on Sunday in the better weather.