Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Browns ~ Need To Put The Dawg Pound Back In The Dog House!

zCommander

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I believe in our defense. How many top 5 defences has he gone against since he has started?

and we literally got Troy Apke running straight from his sister's couch... right into our secondary to make up for fallen Safeties... Life is GOOD

11 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

and we literally got Troy Apke running straight from his sister's couch... right into our secondary to make up for fallen Safeties... Life is GOOD

Yeah not ideal. But I am going to try to have faith on our front line defense to pressure Watson and try to make him take dump offs and get to him often for some sackage as well. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

For me, it's the production of Wentz and Watson that will determine the outcome of this game.

Watson is clearly not in his true form from what we saw when he was with Houston; he does not yet appear to be in top football shape; however, with each week, he is beginning to build resilience and stamina and our front four and the return of CY will need to contain him, force him to pass the ball.

Wentz looked good in his limited role last week, and we would all love to see him build on that. But his success, in my opinion, will be in how the OL plays. We've seen how CW caves under even the slightest fragile OL gaffes; both cogs will need to turn together in sync to help bring the W. 

My prediction?

Wentzes: 24

Watsons: 21

Slye redeems himself with a game winner in the waning moments.

25 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Nothing would be more Dan’s football team than allowing Watson to have his Cleveland coming out party on our field on a day they are firing up the nostalgia machine once again.

After the news about the major losses in the secondary, I am more and more convinced that this is exactly what will happen.

• Sad 1

I would like a win, but the closer this game gets, the worse I feel about it. Now, on the plus side, with a loss we probably get rid of Wentz and possibly Turner. With a win or even a playoff berth, we'll be seeing Wentz next year.

Am headed to the game but I admit all I care about is the Mascot unveil. I usually take off to pee at half time but not this time, can’t miss history in the making 

I am rushing to the stadium to make sure I get in on the action for the pig nose giveaway, I think it’s just for the first 20,000 fans 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No concern about missing Curl and Njoku having a KittleLite performance? And potentially St. Juste missing allowing Cooper to enjoy himself?

I hope you are right.

We should be able to just ram the ****ing ball up the middle of their defense all day. Their DTs suck and they don't have any LBers.

I'll be disappointed if we have less than 40 min top today and our front 5 should be able to get after Watson. If our line plays disciplined and contained, he can't beat us with his arm.

And Trapke is back!  

Going to be a close tight coin flip type game like most are.  Sucks that the Browns are healthier than we are.  They have nothing to play for but today will be Watson’s breakout game.  

Badly need some luck today.  A turn over or two and a few calls going our way. Get BRob going.  If we have to come from behind it’s going to be ugly.  

If Kam and St. Juice are both out, that's going to be the thinnest we have had the secondary this season.  

Holcomb is also out (he's on IR.)

That's going to put A LOT of pressure on the DL and Davis to basically control the game.  

If they can control the game defensively, it will be impressive.  Because they really are down to having to play Fuller + CBs 4, 5 and 6, and at Safety, McCain, Forrest + who knows?

They need to get some of these guys back because if they don't, eventually, the damn is going to completely break.