Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at San Fran ~ A Christmas Reunion TV Special

TK
Message added by TK,

1161584152_ScreenShot2022-12-24at7_15_39PM.thumb.png.c507ff54669775b2ee2dcf7ea6ba4646.png

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

That’s why you take the points 

in the first half, or even first three quarters, I don’t even entertain the idea of not taking the points.  Leaving points on the field always makes the end of the game that much more difficult.  Take all points.  Stop going for two early as well.  Ron seems to specialize in leaving points on the field.  

• Like 1

In theory you go for it on 4th and goal because even if you don't get it, you have them pinned and can get good field position if you get a stop.

But last week we gave up a TD on a drive that started inside their 5 yard line. This week 1 yard line. Complimentary football doesn't work if one side can't live up to their end of the bargain.

This is as much on the defense as it is the offense. 

By the end of the game, which will be a higher percentage:

* San Francisco TD % on all drives.

* Washington Red Zone TD %.

I think we all know the answer.

The team is still a bunch of pretenders, and we're going to be stuck for another 10 years in mediocrity winning 6-8 games a year, never finding a franchise QB, and burning away the flame on any young talent we have because we need feel good coaches who suck at coaching.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Um yes I will blame the defense entirely for that.  WTF are you talking about?

I'm talking about the fact that it's halfway through the second quarter and we have exactly zero points.

Yes the defense choked but they aren't going to keep everybody from scoring all game long.

Wtf are you talking about?

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Am ok with them going for it on the one yard line when you are the underdog take chances.

But this defense needs to create a turnover to have a chance IMO

7 points isn’t the end of the world granted it could be with this offense 

this trash heap of an offense can barely score at all.  They aren’t nearly good enough to gamble.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Pathetic defense 

Have to agree.  We are told how good this defense is, but a good defense does not give up 99 yard drives for scores.  They did it last week as well (I think that was an 85 yard.  They do it way too often to be in the conversation of being a good or great defense.  They are average to above average I think.