Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at New Jersey ~ Moxie Blinders Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

973072700_ScreenShot2022-12-04at4_31_42PM.thumb.png.19a6e3e0e6511360c4c85258c2975af0.png

A tie doesn’t hurt us. But I hate it. We actively tried to lose that game instead of trying to win. Bad decisions by the HC and OC and a QB who tries too hard sometimes in big moments (I’m not blaming TH. He is who he is.)

Our clock management has been abysmal under Rivera and today is more of the same. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

The run to Robinson on I think second down in OT was just a horrendous call. The Giants were playing that COMPLETELY. Ran him right into a brick wall. Don't know if Heinicke has the authority to audible there, but a play action would've been a huge gainer. Both teams were horrible in OT. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, jservs7 said:

I hated that run on 3rd down. No faith by Rivera. 

It was smart coaching. Philly likely crushes the Giants next week.  A loss would have been horrid.  We took off 40 seconds in clock and played to our strengths.  No way were we letting Taylor throw after he'd have so many lucky almost INTS.

• Like 1

Just now, jservs7 said:

I hated that run on 3rd down. No faith by Rivera. 

But how did that drop back on 1st down go?  Thibadeaux almost won the game on that play.  Not only was running it on 3rd down correct, they shouldve run on 1st and 2nd down too.

But all good, leaving that game with a tie was more than we deserved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

I hate Turners late game conservative play calling

Do you blame him, though? On the final 2 drives before OT Heinicke almost threw at least 3 INTs. 2 of them were literally dropped. He was spazzing and Turner didn't trust him to not throw a back breaking pick.

• Like 5

Just now, KDawg said:

A tie doesn’t hurt us. But I hate it. We actively tried to lose that game instead of trying to win. Bad decisions by the HC and OC and a QB who tries too hard sometimes in big moments (I’m not blaming TH. He is who he is.)

Our clock management has been abysmal under Rivera and today is more of the same. 

Theres zero trust in Taylor and for good reason. Hes abysmal. He was beyond lucky today for the umpteenth time. Had like 4-5 dropped INTs. 

Just now, KDawg said:

And the clock should not be an issue at all with Rivera not making the play calls

Just now, NoVaSkins21 said:

They had a chance to win in OT.  Turner is pure garbage as an OC.  Tie may not be as a bad a loss.  Need to kick the Giants @ss in 2 weeks

It was clear that Turner had no faith in Heinicke to not make a stupid INT, so he kept it on the ground. Heinicke almost threw 2 picks in the last drive before OT alone.

• Like 3

Lots of reasons to be pist.    Sly miss.   Piss poor online today.  Bad play by TH much of the day.  Defense getting gashed.   Questionable calls by refs.   Bad coaching/play calls down in OT.   

hopefully the players are equally pist and take care of business in two weeks.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1