Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington at Houston - They've got oil, we've got MOXIE

TK

2 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

Respectfully, I think he’s reminding you that you are not posting from the deck chairs on the Titanic as it sinks.  It’s 2022, so many options.  You just have to be prepared in advance.  

Hope you feel better.

Respectfully, every streaming option sucks 😂 my dads been trying to get the cowboys Vikings game on to the smartTV in a rental house my folks have for the next 7 months, and he agrees, streaming sites blow. (Most have **** pop up’s). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

lmao Allen said “I don’t really get it either, **** is cosmically unlikely but we’re rolling”

lol this describe my feelings exactly... i really dont care how limited TH is.. we are actually competitive and winning games... i will settle for that to start!!!

Everyone knows this year is all about Snyder selling the team!   Minus a SB win, nothing else matters!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Except there have been many plays where TH has avoided sacks and gotten out of sticky situation and has stood knowing he is going to get hit and still throw ball or throw away the ball. Wentz would have failed in that area though. 

By the same token some of those plays are because Heinicke is missing open guys in his reads and ends up throwing it to the flat before getting hit.  It goes both ways.  Bottom line is, it is hard to argue that Heinicke is playing particularly well right now versus having a team around him that allows pretty mediocre output from the QB to not cost the game.   The defense shut down a 1 win Texans team so completely that they were able to win scoring 1 TD a 3 field goals.  I'll take it because a win is a win, but I think the bigger point I am not seeing very much that screams that they need to stick with Heinicke. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

i think its pretty easy to agree that our QB situation is still bad... i dont know how anyone can argue against that.. but at least we are winning some games despite our situation at QB

The players on the team might argue against your point. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

did you just read about what Allen said in the post game....  lol they KNOW that TH has limits but they also know whatever it is that they are winning with TH...  And we are all good with winning :)  Stupid Washington Commanders video of the Jonathan Allen interview cut off just as the reporters were asking him about TH

Heinicke is basically the current version of Alex Smith. Doesn't win you the game, but he's getting better at not losing it either. With a dominant defense, that can be enough. 

However, Taylor's arm is so limited that I just don't see them going for a deep playoff run unless the running game can also become dominant. You saw that today several times in the red zone. They couldn't get it done when there was less room to maneuver for the underneath routes. He doesn't have the arm to do those precise fade routes you need in that situation.

Just now, sjinhan said:

did you just read about what Allen said in the post game....  lol they KNOW that TH has limits but they also know whatever it is that they are winning with TH...  And we are all good with winning :)  Stupid Washington Commanders video of the Jonathan Allen interview cut off just as the reporters were asking him about TH

The quote is in here somewhere.  It was funny, he was basically like “yeah I don’t get it at all, but we won so eff it”.

2 hours ago, sjinhan said:

i think its pretty easy to agree that our QB situation is still bad... i dont know how anyone can argue against that.. but at least we are winning some games despite our situation at QB

Thing is why obsess over it, some spend all that energy ****ing and whining for what, so Wentz can go in and **** it up in a different way.

We need to draft a QB, everyone knows it, I would say about 3% of the fans actually believe Heinicke is a long term starter but you just embrace it because your options are limited and why be a miserable **** about it, especially now when we're winning games.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If you did a completely anonymous ballot of the players on the team, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would vote that our QB situation is good.

They like Heinicke as a person, they like his fire and how hard he plays, but I'm sure they all see the exact same major limitations he has as we do and the coaches clearly do.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Respectfully, every streaming option sucks 😂 my dads been trying to get the cowboys Vikings game on to the smartTV in a rental house my folks have for the next 7 months, and he agrees, streaming sites blow. (Most have **** pop up’s). 

Get SEASONS4U for $37 bucks a season and watch every NFL game Live or Archived. Love it. Watch on my laptop

https://seasons4u.com

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

Heinicke is basically the current version of Alex Smith. Doesn't win you the game, but he's getting better at not losing it either. With a dominant defense, that can be enough. 

However, Taylor's arm is so limited that I just don't see them going for a deep playoff run unless the running game can also become dominant. You saw that today several times in the red zone. They couldn't get it done when there was less room to maneuver for the underneath routes. He doesn't have the arm to do those precise fade routes you need in that situation.

This.  I look at our team very similar to the 49ers.  It's defense first, then a heavy dose of the running game.  Both QB's are question marks, but Jimmy G shows ability that Heinicke doesn't, which is the ability to attack.  Jimmy G takes a lot of the same criticisms as Heinicke does (from 49ers fans an local media) but Heinicke's short-comings are more obvious and pronounced than Jimmy G's. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

15/27 for 191, no TDs and no INTs. that’s somewhere between below average and average.  

The team was 3 of 13 on third downs.  That’s terrible. On third down, TH was 2 of 9.  That’s abysmal.

They played a horrendous Texans team.  They got away with it. If they

TH should start until there is a reason for him not to.  But he’s a bad QB.  He’s always been a bad QB, and he will continue to be a bad QB.  

The fact the team continues to win kn spite of him is amazing.  But you don’t mess with success.

But everybody has to realize the reason they are winning is they are committed to running the ball and the are playing good defense.  If at any point the defense can’t basically shut down the opponent, and they need to the offense to put up points, they won’t be able to do it.

If they need the offense to just churn away time and score ~20 points and dominate TOP, they can do it.

i hope like hell they can keep this up. If they can they can get into the playoffs and really scare some teams.  

But literally everything has to work exactly bright and they can’t  fall behind or else they’re really screwed. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1