Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington at Houston - They've got oil, we've got MOXIE

TK

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Ah sorry guys. It's just been bad for a very  very long time and it still is. 

i think its pretty easy to agree that our QB situation is still bad... i dont know how anyone can argue against that.. but at least we are winning some games despite our situation at QB

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

How can anyone not cheer for this guy?!?!?!?

Ok lets save the discussion about if he is the future for the offseason.. but for this season.. Heinicke is our guy!!!

I don't think anyone here is hoping for Heinicke to lose or rooting against him.

It's just recognizing that he is who he is...a backup, and that we'll have to (once again) try and figure out what to do about our QB situation after this season. TH is scrappy and fiery and a good story, but he's too limited as a QB to be more than that.

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

2018 with Josh Johnson and Mark Sanchez was pretty dang bad. 😬

Jesus christ I forgot that happened. Wow, it's impressive the QBs we've started.

while being gaslighted by the gibbs "3 different QBs" era thinking it doesn't matter.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

TH has a winning record as a starter.

They're quite similar, only TH's contract is cheaper,

I actually think they're very different players. Alex Smith was super conservative by nature, so we didn't push the ball down the field much with him. Heinicke is aggressive by nature, but we don't push the ball down the field much with him because his mind tends to write checks that his arm can't cash, so our OC limits downfield passes.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't think anyone here is hoping for Heinicke to lose or rooting against him.

It's just recognizing that he is who he is...a backup, and that we'll have to (once again) try and figure out what to do about our QB situation after this season. TH is scrappy and fiery and a good story, but he's too limited as a QB to be more than that.

I agree 100 percent . 

• Like 1

I'm not routing against Heini I just don't like him. Him and Alex are total opposites but both did win games. 

If you're arguing if Heini or Alex are your best QB of the last 20 years, nobody is winning.  You say it's the worst and people bring up all sorts of other worsts. It' bad

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

yeah for sure...  in the offseason... we will need to give TH an extension... a top end backup QB contract...  clearly, we will need to continue to look for a replacement but at least, I feel more comfortable that we can maybe go with TH being the 1-2 year gap guy so we dont need to get desperate for a QB ala Denver (thank god we lost the bidding war) gave away for Wilson.

But meanwhile for next 6-7 weeks... lets just enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I think I went to a SF game with Beck at QB and had 15 completions to IIRC Skip Hicks. Captain Checkdown.

Roy Helu?

3 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I missed the entire game but just catching up here. Sounds like our defense played lights out and the offense was what it's been all year??

correct, you’re all caught up 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I actually think they're very different players. Alex Smith was super conservative by nature, so we didn't push the ball down the field much with him. Heinicke is aggressive by nature, but we don't push the ball down the field much with him because his mind tends to write checks that his arm can't cash, so our OC limits downfield passes.

What I meant was more that they're both high intangible QBs who aren't particularly athletic outside of some scramble ability that bring confidence and results despite massive weaknesses.

Their mentalities are very different.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dc1 said:

I'll answer. 

• Winning, 5-1 under TH (for whatever reason). 
  • Team comradery (The team, to a person, credits TH's energy). 
  • Team cohesion (The team is winning and and the players on the team would like to keep it going).   

...For a start.  

Edit.. I inadvertently dropped a win from the team. Should be 5-1 under TH.

Yeah I love him too. Do you think we have our franchise qb?

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Doc Walker IMO coming off hypocritical. Typically he’s about just win baby, but on the radio now coming off like this was a borderline loss because the offense didn’t score enough 

Doc walker is a walking example of incomplete getting additional air tine because former coworkers like him .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

yeah for sure...  in the offseason... we will need to give TH an extension... a top end backup QB contract...  clearly, we will need to continue to look for a replacement but at least, I feel more comfortable that we can maybe go with TH being the 1-2 year gap guy so we dont need to get desperate for a QB ala Denver (thank god we lost the bidding war) gave away for Wilson.

But meanwhile for next 6-7 weeks... lets just enjoy the ride!

I think we'll probably give TH a moderate extension, though that probably depends on how the Wentz situation plays out.

The coaches clearly have never seen TH as even a stopgap guy, otherwise they wouldn't have been so desperate to sign other QBs over the last couple of offseasons. He has played exactly the same this season as he did last season (though his stat line was better last year) so I doubt their thinking on the situation overall has changed much.

I think we'll either end up keeping Wentz out of sheer desperation or picking a guy high in the draft. I suppose we could trade or try another FA, but the pickings will probably be slim.

Edited by mistertim