Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington at Houston - They've got oil, we've got MOXIE

TK

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Sure, but Wentz also has the arm to stretch the field so if he's given time he can push the ball in a way Heinicke just can't. I have no clue if the outcomes would have been the exact same, but can we please stop pretending that Heinicke is doing much more than handing the ball off and making the occasional routine completion?

He elevates the others around him wentz does not.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I was jealous of the Cowboys defense last year but no more. We don’t have a pass rusher as good as Parsons but this defense IMO is in the same tier as Dallas and maybe even better than them now.

If we even just had a pedestrian passing game this team would be very dangerous IMO

Our D is better for sure and Parsons is special I guess and it sucks something extra to me that he is. He was a scumbag in college but he went to PSU which I kinda connect with. It's just a personal thing with him.

Just now, dc1 said:

I think we all saw the Wentz that got released from the Eagles, released from the Colts and was 1-3 with the Commanders.   The team looked disjointed when he was in and Terry was not a factor. 

I don't want to see Wentz again.  Lets keep our 2nd round pick, and he can go to a team that has a solid OL.. allowing him to take his time in the pocket and prove the world wrong... 

Did I say I wanted Wentz back in? No. I just think it's silly to talk about it as if Heinicke has been a big factor in these wins. He hasn't.

13 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

And 4 scoring drives and the last drive to kill the clock. The two drives with short field goals ended due to the team getting away from what was working in play calling

and why do you think the team is limited in what plays they can call and execute 

Just now, mistertim said:

Did I say I wanted Wentz back in? No. I just think it's silly to talk about it as if Heinicke has been a big factor in these wins. He hasn't.

As long as we win or are sure wentz cabt get 70 percent of the snaps taylor should play. 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

don't make up fake scenarios to justify your silly homerism. It was a bad snap and easily catch able 

Not this game the eagles game

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Sure, but Wentz also has the arm to stretch the field so if he's given time he can push the ball in a way Heinicke just can't. I have no clue if the outcomes would have been the exact same, but can we please stop pretending that Heinicke is doing much more than handing the ball off and making the occasional routine completion?

Except our OL wouldn't have given Wentz to sit back there for 7 seconds while throwing a ball down the field. So this imaginary Wentz can push the ball down the field is not there. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

remember when you tried to blame the defense for losing? 

Was NOT blaming the defense but was hoping that they would have tried to stop the Vikes from scoring for the win. They played really good game but on that series I would have liked a stop at least so they couldn't score more than 3. 

Just now, mistertim said:

I hear you.  And I didn't say that you wanted him back in; but the implication was that Heinicke's play was indifferent to the success of the team and that Wentz would have been able to do the same at a bare minimum.

I'm saying that I disagree and that I don't want to see Wentz back in.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, tomwvr said:

Because taylor is limited. But he is the best option for this team as set up

decent chance this is true. Just want to make sure we keep our eyes on the ball in this shell game the defense is allowing us to play each week. We need more from the offense for this to continue. 

When Wentz is ready we need to play him. We can always sit him the last game at this point if we miss the playoffs to keep our 2nd vs keeping our 3rd. One of them is gone. If we aren’t going to play Sam, I’d rather see if wentz can turn it around to the 70% point vs playoffs

• Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our D is better for sure and Parsons is special I guess and it sucks something extra to me that he is. He was a scumbag in college but he went to PSU which I kinda connect with. It's just a personal thing with him.

I remember the reports. What made me wonder though is I recall saying on the draft thread, watching him on the ESPN hey rookie show, he came off really well personality wise, granted small sample. Charismatic, articulate, Uber competitive. He was definitely the Alpha male among his peers in that hey rookie group 

Edited by Skinsinparadise