Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington at Houston - They've got oil, we've got MOXIE

TK

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Chase was a freak the year before. Don't discount what he did. He was an amazing rookie.

yup people have short memories...

If we just get the rookie Chase back... our D will be something that we can really get excited about...

Despite the injury, if we get Chase back a "smarter" pass rusher coming back... then watch out!!!

Can't wait until I see him back on the field!

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, zCommander said:

But we would have had less wins if Wentz was still playing. 

It's so dense to present like the qb situation is an argument between wentz and th at this point.

It's that we have very low level ability with either of those two and the wins in our context are not redemptive of their immense shortcomings. Our problem is getting to be a seriously competitive franchise with the kind of standards those teams have, inc at qb.

• Like 4

Just now, dunfer said:

When Wentz is ready we need to play him. We can always sit him the last game at this point if we miss the playoffs to keep our 2nd vs keeping our 3rd. One of them is gone. If we aren’t going to play Sam, I’d rather see if wentz can turn it around to the 70% point vs playoffs

Why would we want to start the same team that lost to the Lions by two scores? We're playing much better as constructed, don't mess with what's working.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Why would we want to start the same team that lost to the Lions by two scores? We're playing much better as constructed, don't mess with what's working.

Working towards what is your answer

if wentz Turner and the offense could click it may be something special. TH is a great backup I want to sign him forever,but we aren’t going past the 1st round 

Edited by dunfer

HineyHiney live looks almost comically small/slow/rag-armed.  It really is like a goofy movie where Tom Cruise becomes a qb or some such.

However, he really can manage a game very well and make just enough plays in the pass game to keep ‘em honest.  Center-cut Billy Kilmer type of stuff, as the old guys here can attest to.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

It's so dense to present like the qb situation is an argument between wentz and th at this point.

It's that we have very low level ability with either of those two and the wins in our context are not redemptive of their immense shortcomings. Our problem is getting to be a seriously competitive franchise with the kind of standards those teams have, inc at qb.

Id say you’re conflating an off-season discussion with an in-season discussion.  It can’t possibly be dense to argue which of the QBs on the roster present a better opportunity to win games while games are being played.

Just now, dunfer said:

I don't believe in fostering a losing culture to tank for draft position when we haven't shown the ability to draft a first round QB anyway. 

I'd rather establish a healthy environment for a project QB with a lot of upside than try to force an "unmissable top prospect" to turn around a sinking ship. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, dunfer said:

I'll answer. 

• Winning, 5-1 under TH (for whatever reason). 
  • Team comradery (The team, to a person, credits TH's energy). 
  • Team cohesion (The team is winning and and the players on the team would like to keep it going).   

...For a start.  

Edit.. I inadvertently dropped a win from the team. Should be 5-1 under TH.

Edited by dc1

1 minute ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

HineyHiney live looks almost comically small/slow/rag-armed.  It really is like a goofy movie where Tom Cruise becomes a qb or some such.

However, he really can manage a game very well and make just enough plays in the pass game to keep ‘em honest.  Center-cut Billy Kilmer type of stuff, as the old guys here can attest to.

Old timer checking in. Yeah he is Billy it ain't pretty but somehow it just works. Wentz is Sonny in that he has the arm. Not Sonny's arm, of course.

• Like 1

Just now, Jumbo said:

Agreed. But here we are anyway, again. This is all we have left to talk about now. As low as we can go as fans. These wins do give us false hope at best but at least somewhat exciting to see a win. It is also good for the players and the hard work they put into this regardless of the situation this franchise is in. 

• Like 1

I think the ‘Wentz would’ve <insert awful thing here>’ stuff is both incredibly disingenuous and a real sad state of affairs for us.

Disingenuous because it’s impossible to know what he would or wouldn’t do, because the offensive game plans are polar opposites.  

Sad, because for once we actually have a more than legitimate defense- for the first time in a very long time.  Not just against the sisters of the poor, but good enough to make it hard on playoff team offenses.

Somewhere Bill Callahan and GibbsHogHeaven are watching this offense on loop, misty eyed.  It’s hard to even put into words what this offense is.  I keep waiting for a team put a stop to all these runs and dump offs but it’s not happening.  It’s not even like we are doing it with an electric running game with big plays.  We’re just plodding a few drives a game, kicking field goals and winning.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

yup people have short memories...

If we just get the rookie Chase back... our D will be something that we can really get excited about...

Despite the injury, if we get Chase back a "smarter" pass rusher coming back... then watch out!!!

Can't wait until I see him back on the field!

People have short memories of what he looked like pre injury last year, consistently getting pushed out of play and not even remotely beating OTs with bull rushing. He was getting beat easily. With a severe knee injury you have to realistically lower your expectations of what he will look like again. 

• Like 1