Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No way we going back to wentz. I won’t watch an other commanders game this year if wentz is back. Dude has zero juice.

This is why...and not what you saying down here...

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Are you serious @Renegade7? I’m not saying that TH is the guy, but this season id rather watch him over wentz, and I think the team would prefer to play with TH over wentz. Then we can cut wentz in the off-season and keep TH as starter for next year behind a rookie QB (or rookie qb can start if he is ready) but wentz isn’t the answer for sure and he is boring to watch.

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I dunno we won yes, but i dont get how Heinicke gets the praise....Defense played unbelievable vs a high potent offense and we ran the ball really well on offense, Heinicke had two turnovers...The second one was unacceptable imo. 

Eh, let the Hive have fun for the night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

That's fine and dandy, but we need to do just a little bit better than averaging 3 YPC. 

O-line can't really do anything well. 

Not to poop on the parade, but yeah, still very much a .500 team.

Beating Philadelphia in any sport always goes down smooth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

That’s confirmation bias, basically. There were plenty of games just last year where everything went wrong, start to finish. They’ve disappeared into the gray morass of that lost season though, and don’t stick out in your mind like the positive instances do. 

When I feel they lose it’s often cause they terribly. There’s not many times whwre I think back I damn if the ball bounced the other way that one time 

Just now, duffy said:

I'm confused. Would you rather see Wentz turn the ball over? 

Id like a more honest look at what happened in the game. Even if wentz played i wouldnt be saying hes locked in as the starter etc etc or praising him after the win with 0 tds and two turnovers. 

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

No disrespect SIP.  Your early Heiny shade was out of character for you as you pointed out. You arent usually one of those sharks. Just saying. Folks wanted to pile on so hard after the first possession fumble which wasnt on Taylor at all IMO. Taylor is a unisex name though so might be an idea. 😉

Thanks. Lol to give some context I was watching the game with my son who is borderline a Heinicke Hiver and was telling me Taylor can beat the Eagles and was egging me on about it in that very moment just before the fumble happened. I was skeptical and to see a bad play like that from the jump fueled that cynical mood for me. But I quickly backed off after watching the replay.

And heck it’s rare for people here to back off of their point and to give my self a little credit I did back off and apologized in three different posts how many people can say they had not one but three apologies  😀

As for Taylor I think he has some magic to him and moxie, love the dude and love his moxie. But IMO he’s too limited to be the future. And his 2nd half picks do frustrate me but as I said at the time hopefully he comes back from it like he did versus the Colts 

I like the way they used Taylor today which is more of a game manager role where he doesn’t have to press. Let the run game and defense lead the way. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And we ran the stuffing out of the ball 49 times for a 3.1 yard average.  The key was staying in manageable  3rd down and converting a bunch of them.

The offense fell off in the second half when the Eagles really started to stuff the early down runs, which forced longer, known passing 3rd downs, which we didn't convert. 

49 rushes is insane though.

I think there was one drive in the second half that was third and long where they didn’t get points. And that was because of the tickytac OPI.  It was 3rd and 4 before that.  Well two if you count the under two minute warning drive.

Just now, mistertim said:

Eh, let the Hive have fun for the night.

I'm not even part of the Hive really, I'm just being realistic when I say he's the best we've got. That's not an overwhelming compliment to TH, it's just reality. A number of interacting factors lead to positive results with him. Pointing out the flaws is futile at this stage because we can't do any better and we are winning games.

These are matters to consider during the off-season and I'm sure they will.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Unsung heroes were our starting CBs. AJ Brown 1 catch 7 yards. Devante Smith 6 catches but for only 39 yards. I thought Juste played a heck of a game and was kinda hosed on that PI.

I don't think they're unsung.  I think they played lights out the entire game. 

Especially St. Juste.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

For the record, dont let know Philly fans try to tell you that they "GAVE" us this win (like my friend is trying to tell me).............It wasnt pretty, but we BEAT those motha****as.......

They have no excuses.  If they are who they say they are they easily beat us at home tonight.  They couldn’t do that.  I hope this is where there season turns. I knew it was going to at some point.

4 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I dunno we won yes, but i dont get how Heinicke gets the praise....Defense played unbelievable vs a high potent offense and we ran the ball really well on offense, Heinicke had two turnovers...The second one was unacceptable imo. 

Taylor saved the game on that horrible snap and the team just seems to play better with him in. It makes no sense 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

49 rushes is insane though.

Yes it is.  For reference, in the divisional playoff game against the Vikings (Jan 15, 1983), when Riggins rolled over the Vikes, they only rushed 42 times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Id like a more honest look at what happened in the game. Even if wentz played i wouldnt be saying hes locked in as the starter etc etc or praising him after the win with 0 tds and two turnovers. 

I'm just saying that we seem to be winning more with Taylor. Right now, he's the best option for this team. No one 8s saying Taylor is the franchise guy. I'd absolutely love to lock him up as a backup if we find one though. 

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

I never said he wasnt a good commentator, im not saying take him off the air. And idc how he calls DAL games. Idk what your post has to do with mine. He kept going on and on about how valid/correct the rule/call was, then was constantly adding a qualifier like it shouldnt have been called. If it was the right call in every sense of the game/rule like he said, no need to try and undermine why it was called.

Im hype after a win, i dont wana hear all that. It was was weak to me. 

He also disagreed with their rules analyst on the pick play that got called against Dotson, so there's that. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1