Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

Playoffs start for this team on SNF.

#1 concern is Coaching.

These guys have had weeks to prepare and extra film to implement a winning game plan.

WSH needs to be pushing for the 5th seed. DAL has the potential to loose 2, even 3 games going into week 18 finale.

Can easily loose to Jags and PHI. TEN is done. Week 18 heads up could be for the 5th seed which is huge!

The 5th seed plays the worst team, the NFC South winner. Then would play the winner of the Vikings game to get to NFC Championship (likely) in PHI (for a rematch).  There's a path to the top...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

#1 concern is Coaching.

These guys have had weeks to prepare and extra film to implement a winning game plan.

WSH needs to be pushing for the 5th seed. DAL has the potential to loose 2, even 3 games going into week 18 finale.

Can easily loose to Jags and PHI. TEN is done. Week 18 heads up could be for the 5th seed which is huge!

The 5th seed plays the worst team, the NFC South winner. Then would play the winner of the Vikings game to get to NFC Championship (likely) in PHI (for a rematch).  There's a path to the top...

Even if they do lose 2 out of there next 3 ( which I don't think will happen) we'd have to win out to beat them for the 5 seed and I really don't see that happening. 

I think catching the cowboys is extremely unlikely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Even if they do lose 2 out of there next 3 ( which I don't think will happen) we'd have to win out to beat them for the 5 seed and I really don't see that happening. 

I think catching the cowboys is extremely unlikely.

I feel like Shredder may have snorted a dump truck full of ecstasy before writing that post.

...DALLAS IS GONNA LOSE EVERY GAME NOW

...AND WE GONNA WIN OUT

...AND WE GONNA TAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE BOWL BABY

giphy.gif

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

Ok not as much Dallas or Philly but definitely the most outside of the East. I just read we’re one of the most hated teams in the league behind Dallas and New England on reddit.

Don’t hate the Packers. Heck, I have  Packers SuperBowl bumper sticker on my file cabinet from their win in the 90’s. I don’t care for Aaron. Prima Donna.

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

#1 concern is Coaching.

We are probably finishing 2-2. No 5th seed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Good lord my guy, we’ve been over this SOOOOOO many times! Say it with me: “Washington fans don’t hate the packers as much as Dallas or Philly.”

Say that over and over again until you start realizing it’s the truth. You keep being SO wrong and it’s frustrating and quite annoying. 

He's been doing this bit for years now.

I thought it was strange five years ago and haven't really taken him seriously,  since.

I think you and I may have talked about this, before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

I feel like Shredder may have snorted a dump truck full of ecstasy before writing that post.

...DALLAS IS GONNA LOSE EVERY GAME NOW

...AND WE GONNA WIN OUT

...AND WE GONNA TAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE BOWL BABY

giphy.gif

All I stated was a path to the easiest seed. It's complete assholes like you that makes contributions to forums a waste of time.

Sports hate generally stems from ONE thing— barricades. How often has the opposing team kept you from reaching a goal? How many big games have you played against them? With that will also come resentment/jealousy of their fans, etc. 

I’ve never heard any Redskins fan say they hate the Cardinals— even though we played them twice a year for 30 years. They were bottom feeders— never posed a threat to us. So no hatred developed. 

Outside of the three teams in the division there are two other NFC teams I’ve always “hated” — Bears and 49ers. No coincidence at all that those two teams were threats during our glory years. I hated the Niners as a kid and how good they were— I’ve carried that with me forever. 

As others have mentioned, Seattle is probably the team that has entered the discussion the past 20 years. They’ve eliminated us three times in our last five playoff trips— with two of them (2005/2012) being years where it felt we REALLY had a shot. Couple that with the ST21 stuff from 2007 and that’s where you get “hate.” 

We have very little history with the Packers. Only a handful of memorable games and never really clashed with them when both teams were competing at same level at same time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Don’t hate the Packers. Heck, I have  Packers SuperBowl bumper sticker on my file cabinet from their win in the 90’s. I don’t care for Aaron. Prima Donna.

We are probably finishing 2-2. No 5th seed.

Dallas may need to think about how much they want to play their starters in Week 18 against us with a playoff game the next week. I don't think they'll want to get into a scrum with us as physical a team as we are. If this is the case, I can see us going 3-1.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, method man said:

I think they still win with Josh Johnson at QB

I agree.  They may be the only team in the NFL that has a paint by numbers offense where they can just plug in any QB and win games.  Super surprised more teams havent done that given so few QBs in this league are 'elite'.  Cough, cough Commanders....lol

10 hours ago, TheShredder said:

All I stated was a path to the easiest seed. It's complete assholes like you that makes contributions to forums a waste of time.

Last guy who was ridiculed the way you were had created the "Paloffs Is Now" thread lol...so maybe it's a good sign.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, method man said:

I think they still win with Josh Johnson at QB

We may get SF at the optimal time to play them given how banged up they're getting. We come off of a bye week and (hopefully) a pounding of the NYG while they continue to battle injuries to key players. By the time we play SF maybe there will be a little bit of a book on Purdy that JDR can exploit? I can see us stealing a win in SF if we can run the ball. 

11 hours ago, TheShredder said:

I thought he was just trying to be humorous not be mean spirited.

But even if that highly unlikely event plays out I'm not entirely sure we'd be better off.

A case could be made for not wanting it to happen.

If we have the 6th or 7th seed wrapped up by week 18 we can rest our starters before we travel.

If we have a shot at the 5 seed we could get into a divisional battle resulting in potential injuries and then have to travel anyway with what could be only 6 days rest.

Plus for our troubles we may have to face the greatest quarterback to ever wear cleats versus a 7th round rookie or a very vulnerable cousins led Vikings team.

Now I know the 9ers and vikings are considerably better than the bucs right now and on paper the bucs are who you want to face but they could get hot and wanting to take on the goat on the road on 6 days rest is a be careful what ya wish for scenario.

12 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I agree.  They may be the only team in the NFL that has a paint by numbers offense where they can just plug in any QB and win games.  Super surprised more teams havent done that given so few QBs in this league are 'elite'.  Cough, cough Commanders....lol

I think that's what a number of teams are trying for with star vets finally aging out and retiring, and them finding out their high draft pick starters they gave up the bank for aren't as good as advertised.  But it takes time to adjust

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

We may get SF at the optimal time to play them given how banged up they're getting. We come off of a bye week and (hopefully) a pounding of the NYG while they continue to battle injuries to key players. By the time we play SF maybe there will be a little bit of a book on Purdy that JDR can exploit? I can see us stealing a win in SF if we can run the ball. 

Trenches is what it’s about against SF. Fortunately the Dline should be able to compete and win their share of plays against a stout Oline. If Wes and Cosmi are healthy and playing there’s a chance they can compete and stay ahead of the chains.

Certainly Niners will be favored and the better team, but the trenches on that day can decrease impact by skill players and scheme. The trenches can serve as a neutralizing force. 

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Cali were you able to find that old thread? I'm fiending to read it.

15 years old, wow we’ve all been here a long time: 

Paloffs Is Now

And on the first page of that thread, the origin of “Paloffs” is traced back to an earlier thread from 2005 that I can’t seem to locate. So this is as close as we can get to that old glory 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

I hope The Eagles destroy the Vikings again in the playoffs. I love watching Philly beat them down. That NFC title game a few years back was beautiful. I cannot wait for the annual collapse by the Vikings.

I have nothing against Kirk or the Vikes (unless it's GameDay), I'd rather they knockout Philly. No one in our division can make it but us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I have nothing against Kirk or the Vikes (unless it's GameDay), I'd rather they knockout Philly. No one in our division can make it but us.

considering I don't believe we'll reach the Super Bowl I want it to be the Vikings vs the Bills just to see how the NFL advertises it

• Like 2