Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

11 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

My mind won’t let me get there.  I’m nervous about the Giants game and Philly looks better each game (dammit).

You guys had Minnesota beat earlier this season. You more so beat yourselves in that game. You guys play Philly again you already beat them in Philly. I think you matchup well with them too. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

We call all envision you WANTING it to be this week...  it's getting tiring listening to your constantly negative bull ****

I agree!  
The ignore feature here is great.

5 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

You guys had Minnesota beat earlier this season. You more so beat yourselves in that game. You guys play Philly again you already beat them in Philly. I think you matchup well with them too. 

One game at a time for me.  I’d love to seal the deal as soon as possible.  And I hate they moved us to Primetime.  The 1:00 spot suited me just fine.  🫣

8 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I agree!  
The ignore feature here is great.

One game at a time for me.  I’d love to seal the deal as soon as possible.  And I hate they moved us to Primetime.  The 1:00 spot suited me just fine.  🫣

You guys I think will beat the Giants. Who do you have after that?

52 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I think if you guys make the playoffs you definitely want to play whoever wins the NFC South cause I think Washington can beat any of those teams then playing Minnesota again would be ideal for you guys. You matchup well with them. If you win that one then you hopefully play Dallas or Philly whom you could beat since you know those guys very well. Then after that your in the Super Bowl.

Dallas is playing the nfc south winner. 5th vs 4th seed. We Will play Minny- 2nd vs 7th or San Fran- 3rd vs 6th.

If Taylor didn’t have a meltdown against NY 2 weeks ago, he’s not having it Sunday.  San Francisco will crush him though.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

1 minute ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

@ Niners on Saturday Christmas Eve

That will be tough so it’s important Washington wins this week. It’s a must win.

Just now, PolarExpress said:

San Francisco 

I just looked it up but you guys should beat Cleveland the week after that. You should win the next two out of 3 to go to 9-6-1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ThePackisback said:

That will be tough so it’s important Washington wins this week. It’s a must win.

Yes, we know.  Likely the most important regular season game for this franchise since the season-ending 2016 game against (ironically) the Giants, when they already had clinched a playoff spot, weren't playing their best players, and still beat our team led by "Kurt" Cousins.  The beginning of the end of the Cousins era in DC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dallas is playing the nfc south winner. 5th vs 4th seed. We Will play Minny- 2nd vs 7th or San Fran- 3rd vs 6th.

If Taylor didn’t have a meltdown against NY 2 weeks ago, he’s not having it Sunday.  San Francisco will crush him though.

Dallas has had an easy schedule this year. They had Houston last week, Indy the week before that then they played my Packers a month ago who are easier this year. They play Jacksonville this week then I believe they played Arizona too who is awful.

3 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Yes, we know.  Likely the most important regular season game for this franchise since the season-ending 2016 game against (ironically) the Giants, when they already had clinched a playoff spot, weren't playing their best players, and still beat our team led by "Kurt" Cousins.  The beginning of the end of the Cousins era in DC

Isn’t that the year you guys destroyed us on Sunday night football like 45-21? That Washington team was good, they were 9-7 or 10-6.

@Cooleyfan1993im pulling for you guys buddy. 

The last game of the season Washington can win too. Dallas will sit their starters in that game I think.

7 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Isn’t that the year you guys destroyed us on Sunday night football like 45-21? That Washington team was good, they were 9-7 or 10-6.

Indeed it was.  Smoked GB 42-24 (that was the year of the infamous "Dancing Snyder" video, that f-ing dip****...)  Went into the Giants game, AT HOME, at 8-6-1, just needing a win to clinch a wild-card berth, against a Giants team that had already clinched their playoff spot and had literally nothing to play for.  And Cousins pissed down his leg, and lost 19-10 in that game...  at that point, I was okay with him leaving, although I wish Brucifer had been smart enough to get something more than a compensatory third round pick after he left.

Edited by ColonialWBSkinsFan

1 minute ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Indeed it was.  Smoked GB 42-24 (that was the year of the infamous "Dancing Snyder" video, that f-ing dip****...)  Went into the Giants game, AT HOME, at 8-6-1, just needing a win to clinch a wild-card berth, against a Giants team that had already clinched their playoff spot and had literally nothing to play for.  And Cousins pissed down his leg, and lost 19-10 in that game...  at that point, I was okay with him leaving, although I wish Brucifer had been smart enough to get something more than a compensatory third round pick after he left.

You guys always beat us the last 5 to 10 years.

• Like 1

I’ll keep hammering this home— the Niners beating Seattle Thurs has hidden benefits for us. If SF wins, they clinch the West. And realistically their last three games won’t mean a ton unless it really matters to them to try and be the 2 seed as opposed to 3 (and I’m not sure why it really would). 

Now, by no means do I think the Niners would just punt their final three games or rest starters. I don’t think they’d do that until week 18. But if they beat Seattle it absolutely increases the odds they exhale a bit, don’t take chances with any banged up players, and the law of averages catches up a bit as well. Much more likely they could let their guard down a tad after beating Seattle as opposed to losing to them. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

If the Skins win the odds of making the post season is 86% and that drops to 28% with a loss.  Damn this game is big.

I wish I was confident.  The sting will be bad if we lose this game.  Getting extra rest, playing at home, favored, hopefully getting healthy with St-Juste back, 3 weeks of focus/game planning for the Giants, nearly everything going our way during the bye... etc.  Don't even want to think about how bad a loss will feel.

And they get us at home along with extra rest & time to prepare for us.

The problem with those odds is that it assumes all things will remain equal— which they won’t. It assumes no injury changes, no motivation changes, etc. It basically assumes we will lose to SF and Dallas and probably has us as not too heavy a favorite to beat Cleveland. Therefore, if they factor in a loss to Giants, our odds crater. 

Again, I think we are getting in with 9 wins, even if we lose to Giants. I think our odds of winning 2 out of last 3 are probably higher than 20%— especially considering in all likelihood Dallas will have their spot wrapped.

As painful as it is to say this— Giants game is not a must win. If we lose, the Niners game won’t likely be a must win either. We’d enter “must” territory if we lose next two.. then it would be a must to win the last two.

Now, if you’re talking “must win” in terms of making this all feel legit? Then yeah, they must win one of these next two— and really Sunday night is paramount.  

The SF game is a big concern.

They've got a solid defense all-around, hard-hitting, CBs on WRs like glue, something that this team doesn't quite have yet, but still a solid defense.

Their new QB, Purdy, looked damn good against Tampon Bay, reminded me of the playoff game against TB when TH started, but Purdy has a much better o-line and a bigger arm. IF they beat Seattle { most likely } it does give pause to wonder if SF will want to risk him getting injured, but then again who is his back-up? 

That game will be a slugfest no doubt and definitely THE game to watch that Sunday.

7 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

We call all envision you WANTING it to be this week...  it's getting tiring listening to your constantly negative bull ****

Calling em like I see em. Based upon everything we have seen about our own coaching staff its a pretty below average one.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Calling em like I see em. Based upon everything we have seen about our own coaching staff its a pretty below average one.

So I guess you think Ron is an awesome GM then? If the coaching staff is below average that means that a good staff would have them better than 7-5-1? Are you saying there is a lot more talented on the roster than what the team has produced in win column? 

7 hours ago, kleese said:

So I guess you think Ron is an awesome GM then? If the coaching staff is below average that means that a good staff would have them better than 7-5-1? Are you saying there is a lot more talented on the roster than what the team has produced in win column? 

Im saying that the team has been among the luckiest teams in the league while playing one of the weakest schedule in the league outside of division. The numbers back it up too. 

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

Watching that Hard Knocks on the Lions training camp got me to pull for them.

Love Campbell's enthusiasm and "moxie" (Taylor doesn't own the patent on that trait lol). Plus my favorite college defensive player last year was Hutchinson.

They deserve to make the show more than the Giants or Seahawks IMHO.

Its not just that. They're a legitimate good football team. They have an outstanding OL and weapons galore on offense with a solid veteran QB in Goff. Their defense has a nasty pass rush and some good young talent at LB and CB. They aren't just some plucky upstarts, they actually have a quality roster and are fun to watch.

I honestly wouldn't even be upset if they made it over us. But since there are three Wild Card teams, I'm hoping its us and them(Dallas has the 5 seed on lock).

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Im saying that the team has been among the luckiest teams in the league while playing one of the weakest schedule in the league outside of division. The numbers back it up too. 

Why would you remove the games played against the toughest division in the NFL?

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 2