Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

This is Niners/Chickens game is about to kick and I can’t stress how much it would benefit us if SF wins. Again, not only does it help in the very obvious way of handing Seattle another loss, but I believe it INCREASES our odds in the game at SF next week. I truly believe that. And if you’re looking father ahead and would rather play Minny than SF in playoffs, then you also want Niners to win tonight. 

What it would REALLY do is give us significant more margin for error even if we lose to Giants. 

Go Niners! 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, kleese said:

Sports hate generally stems from ONE thing— barricades. How often has the opposing team kept you from reaching a goal? How many big games have you played against them? With that will also come resentment/jealousy of their fans, etc. 

I’ve never heard any Redskins fan say they hate the Cardinals— even though we played them twice a year for 30 years. They were bottom feeders— never posed a threat to us. So no hatred developed. 

Me, I do.  I remember.  A friend of mine was a Cardinals fan.:taz:

:229:The Rook

On 12/14/2022 at 7:50 PM, No Nonsense said:

Don’t know if it’s been talked about, but SF QB Brock Purdy is dealing with an oblique/rib injury and is questionable for Thursday against the Seahawks. 

Oh lord, I hope we don’t have to watch his dad cry through the game again.  
It may just be me, but TNF has not been exciting to me.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Was before my time, but I am familiar with that game and the controversy surrounding it. Was probably the most memorable moment in our history with them. 

The most important/memorable game was the 1984 season finale at RFK— for the NFCE championship. A rare year during that period where the Cardinals weren’t lousy. A great game with a dramatic ending— believe it’s still available on YouTube. 

The two losses to them in 1996 were both horrific. Two of my most haunting fan losses all these years later. First game was the “Boomer Esiason game” and second was “Romeo Bandison game.” 

Those games didn’t make me hate the Cardinals though. Just made me hate myself 🤣

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

The speed on SFs defense is stunning. The swarm everything like they haven’t had a meal in a week. We might not legit score a point next week. 

Yeah their team speed on defense is tremendous. Our defense is good, and our DL can go toe to toe with anyone's, but they are just on another level everywhere else.

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah their team speed on defense is tremendous. Our defense is good, and our DL can go toe to toe with anyone's, but they are just on another level everywhere else.

The talent difference in the back 7 is massive. I think ours is ok. But they are on another level

7 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

The talent difference in the back 7 is massive. I think ours is ok. But they are on another level

Yeah Ward is basically covering DK Metcalf press coverage 1 on 1. 

I like St. Juste but he's not on that level yet.

I do think our Safeties can compete with the 9ers though.

1 hour ago, PolarExpress said:

Oh lord, I hope we don’t have to watch his dad cry through the game again. 

Yeah it sucks seeing a parent watch their child’s dream materialize, wish they’d keep that human condition garbage off my screen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

My take from the game is I'd we can control McCaffery we can hold them probably to 17 points. And I think we pound the rock good enough to be able to score 20. My prediction is I'll be in SF for the game and we will win 21-17. Taking my daughter to her 1st game. 

Need the Giants game.  Seattle losing helps.   

will have to play a near perfect game to beat the 9ers IMO.  Possible like they did with the Eagles but a big challenge.  

going to be the Eagles or 9ers taking the NFC I think.  

Edited by Idaho fan

Its now possible to clinch a playoff birth next week. We win the next two, Giants lose next week to the Vikings(after losing to us obviously), and Seahawks losing next week to the Chiefs.

If all that were to happen, the Giants and Seahawks would be unable to pass us and being at 9 wins, none of the current 8 loss teams could pass us either. Lions could still pass us, but we'd still be in as the #7 seed in that scenario. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Now they are comparing Purdy to Brady… I realize he has played well but come on.   A little early isn’t it?  

I gagged a little when he threw that ball that should have been a sure fire pick and the announcer said "a rare mistake".

Really? A seventh round pick in his second start as a pro.

Prime time color commentary makes me nauseated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, kleese said:

The two losses to them in 1996 were both horrific. Two of my most haunting fan losses all these years later. First game was the “Boomer Esiason game” and second was “Romeo Bandison game.” 

Those games didn’t make me hate the Cardinals though. Just made me hate myself 🤣

And this is why those games hurt me even more....  bc He played on those Cardinals teams which killed our playoff hopes.

Amazon.com: 1993 Select Football #101 Gary Clark Phoenix Cardinals Official  NFL Trading Card From The Pinnacle Brands Company : Collectibles & Fine Art

On 12/14/2022 at 6:03 PM, TheShredder said:

All I stated was a path to the easiest seed. It's complete assholes like you that makes contributions to forums a waste of time.

16 hours ago, redskinss said:

I thought he was just trying to be humorous not be mean spirited.

:815:

@TheShredder I liked your energy. was just messing around with ya. 

4 hours ago, The Rook said:

As a teenage neutral observer, I was disgusted watching that game and seeing that call at the end. There was no way that was ever a catch.

6 hours ago, petey hodge said:

And this is why those games hurt me even more....  bc He played on those Cardinals teams which killed our playoff hopes.

Amazon.com: 1993 Select Football #101 Gary Clark Phoenix Cardinals Official  NFL Trading Card From The Pinnacle Brands Company : Collectibles & Fine Art

Actually Clark’s last season was 1995 with Dolphins. So he wasn’t involved in those games in 1996. He played two years in desert—- 93/94