Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

Vikings should still be playing hard as the #1 seed is still technically in play, but yeah its not a great result for us when you consider the Giants are their next opponent.

On the flip side though, the 49ers clinched their division too so the same psychology applies in our favor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From a momentum standpoint I think that was the perfect game. The team has to be Uber pumped in a way that likely carries to next week.

But don’t like it from the stand point of wanting to avoid SF in the playoffs 

I am still not as on board with that as everyone else. I think our biggest weakness is going up against an explosive passing game. Kirk and Jefferson in the dome would pose a lot of issues for us. I truly think we could work our way into a 16-13 type game with SF that can go either way. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Vikings should still be playing hard as the #1 seed is still technically in play, but yeah its not a great result for us when you consider the Giants are their next opponent.

On the flip side though, the 49ers clinched their division too so the same psychology applies in our favor.

Absolutely— and I mentioned that Thursday as a secondary reason I wanted SF to beat Seattle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Rooting for the Browns to lose huge today and next week (and of course the week after that lol)...let the players and coaches just want to get the season over with by the time we play them.

I am always a tad the opposite. They are an average team at very very best. I’d prefer them to get a win or two out of their system 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kleese said:

I am always a tad the opposite. They are an average team at very very best. I’d prefer them to get a win or two out of their system 

I'm thinking more of the Eagles at the end of the 2020 season and the Giants at the end of the 2021 season lol...mediocre-to-bad teams that care less about notching another win than ending an abysmal season and going on a mental vacation. Unfortunately I don't think the Browns have a 1st round pick to worry about next season.

15 minutes ago, kleese said:

Completely agree. It's very unlikely that Cleveland and Watson aren't going to get a win or two in this last stretch of the season. Watson probably has at least one game in him where he is going to have a huge game. As his legs, conditioning and timing come back with the more he plays, I think by the time they play us in two weeks, Watson will be in peak form. 

If they win a game or two by the time they play us, at least the pressure will be off Watson to win a game before the season ends. He does not want to go 0-5 in his five starts to begin his career with his new team and that big contract.     

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

My bad. Watson did get a win in his first game back over Houston, but he didn't and hasn't played well since he's been back. My concern is him having some big games as he gets back into playing and his pre-season, so-to-speak, will be over by the time he plays us.

He didn’t get a win. His defense did. He played terrible. 

32 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

My bad. Watson did get a win in his first game back over Houston, but he didn't and hasn't played well since he's been back. My concern is him having some big games as he gets back into playing and his pre-season, so-to-speak, will be over by the time he plays us.

I guess I don't buy into the idea that players get that one good game out of the way...especially for players who have played well for years. With Watson, if he played well now I would expect him to keep playing well.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

In fairness, he's a first time head coach and a bunch of coaches got fired before he took over, or immediately left for other jobs after Reich was fired.They're on their what, 4th playcaller and the others aren't on the team anymore? That coaching staff was gutted by Irsay.

I don't think Saturday is qualified, but he should not be taking blame for this. Somehow the owner is still dodging blame. DC media has always at least been smart enough to blame Snyder for bad play/coaching related to his decisions.

13 hours ago, kleese said:

I am still not as on board with that as everyone else. I think our biggest weakness is going up against an explosive passing game. Kirk and Jefferson in the dome would pose a lot of issues for us. I truly think we could work our way into a 16-13 type game with SF that can go either way. 

Heinicke I think also be better in the dome versus the out door element weather in January -- granted SF isn't uber cold.    

To your point, yeah Kirk and that passing offense is a handful.  They've already come back against our defense.  They aren't an easy out.

But I think they can run against Mnnesota not so sure against SF.   In theory at least Heinicke should be able to throw against the Vikings secondary even though he was the one QB in the 2nd half of the season who struggled against them.