Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

10 hours ago, The Rook said:

Me, I do.  I remember.  A friend of mine was a Cardinals fan.:taz:

:229:The Rook

Gathered around the officials like “wild-eyed Indians around a wagon train”… lol you can totally tell this wasn’t produced in recent times. 😂

• Haha 2

Here is a simple scenario where we can clinch as early Xmas Eve: 

—We beat Giants 

Two of following happen: 

—Seahawks lose at KC

—Lions to EITHER Jets or Panthers 

—Giants lose to Vikings 

If that were to happen, we would know by kickoff of our game at SF— and it would then be a “win and in” situation. And if we lost, we’d then be in a “magic number is 1” situation where we would need to win one of last two or the above teams need to lose one of last two. 

In other words, beating the Giants and MISSING the playoffs is gonna be really, really hard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I think another simple way to look at it… it’s 4 way battle for 2 spots between the Commanders, Giants, Seahawks, and Lions. 

The winner of the SNF game becomes an overwhelming favorite to get one of the spots. Would most likely require an 0-3 finish to miss out— and even then, there are some not-so-crazy scenarios where they still get in. 

The loser of SNF football will STILL be the 7 seed after the game. At that point it would be a real battle between SNF loser, Seahawks, and Lions. A week to week type thing. 

So in reality, this isn’t even close to a “must win” considering the loser would still be in the playoffs if season ended this week. What a win does is put a playoff spot on an absolute tee. 

And I guess it’s OK to look at Packers too. If they go 3-0 next few weeks and get to 8-8 by week 18, they might have something to play for in the final game vs Lions. 

Edited by kleese
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, kleese said:

Here is a simple scenario where we can clinch as early Xmas Eve: 

—We beat Giants 

Two of following happen: 

—Seahawks lose at KC

—Lions to EITHER Jets or Panthers 

—Giants lose to Vikings 

If that were to happen, we would know by kickoff of our game at SF— and it would then be a “win and in” situation. And if we lost, we’d then be in a “magic number is 1” situation where we would need to win one of last two or the above teams need to lose one of last two. 

In other words, beating the Giants and MISSING the playoffs is gonna be really, really hard. 

So Washington loses the remaining games? OK, got it.

• Haha 1

Just now, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

So Washington loses the remaining games? OK, got it.

What I’m saying is that if we beat the Giants we probably need to finish 0-3 to miss playoffs. And even if we did finish 0-3, there is still a decent shot we’d get in. 

6 minutes ago, kleese said:

What I’m saying is that if we beat the Giants we probably need to finish 0-3 to miss playoffs. And even if we did finish 0-3, there is still a decent shot we’d get in. 

I was joking, because typically this team in recent years has been a bag of coal. Tied it back into the holidays, feel proud of myself. 

Edited by Professor_Nutter_Butter
  • Like 1

Quick reminder to go ahead and root for Colts to beat Vikings Saturday. Why? 

1. Would put Vikings on a two game losing streak when Giants go to Minny on Christmas Eve. Would be nice for that to be a game where Minnesota is fully locked in. 

2. If you prefer potentially playing at Minnesota over at SF (I’m actually not so sure about that) then you want SF to track down Vikings. We don’t want Vikings to lose to Giants so they would need to catch losses elsewhere. 

The other two Saturday games don’t have any effect on us unless you are really searching for something in Browns game with us playing them week 17. 

Sunday early… Jets over Lions obviously. 

If you still have hopes of catching Dallas for 5 seed, here is what needs to happen for our game with them week 18 to have 5 seed on the line: 

Over the next 3 weeks, we need to make up two games on them. So if we go 3-0, they need to go 1-2. If we go 2-1, they need to go 0-3. 

They play at Jags, Eagles, at Titans; so it’s not impossible that they drop two of those. I have a hard time seeing them go 0-3. So, it can’t hurt to root for Jags to beat Boys Sunday as well. If they lose this week and we win, then I’d say that door at least cracks open for us. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Seattle has KC away next. They’re in big trouble. If Detroit loses Sunday, I think us and the Giants have a pretty good shot of making it 

Detroit is not playing the Mike White Jets. He's ruled out.

10 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Now they are comparing Purdy to Brady… I realize he has played well but come on.   A little early isn’t it?  

Brady hasn't been right since Heinike ruined him.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Without CMC that offense would be in major trouble now that Deebo is out.

Not sure I see your point here... they DO have CMC in that offense, because they are intelligent, aggressive, and accomplished football people who made a deal to get what was basically their last remaining piece to being yet again a Super Bowl team, even with a 3rd string rookie QB.

This is what great organizations do.  Maybe one day before we die we'll get to see it again in Washington...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kleese said:

Or we go 0-4. Ron never tops 7 wins here. Very Unlikely but Cinderfella may turn back into a pumpkin.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

3 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Not sure I see your point here... they DO have CMC in that offense, because they are intelligent, aggressive, and accomplished football people who made a deal to get what was basically their last remaining piece to being yet again a Super Bowl team, even with a 3rd string rookie QB.

This is what great organizations do.  Maybe one day before we die we'll get to see it again in Washington...

It’s happening in Washington right this very moment. See it for all its glory. 

Taylor Heineke is the starting QB :)

Edited by wit33

All the "analysts" are picking us to win (I hate that), but they're picking us for all of the wrong reasons. I feel like we should win, but the history of this team tells me otherwise. If they lose this game, Taylor is done and maybe Ron is done. Of course, we can still get in with a loss, but this team has something to prove if it was to be taken seriously as a playoff team, they have to win.

Sidenote: I just saw a clip on youtube where an analyst said that the Giants would've won, if it weren't for the refs screwing them over. Are we watching the same game here? Please, I beg of you, kill the ****ing Giants, boys!

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

We go 2-2 with wins v Giants and Brown's, we finish 9-7-1, =6th seed.

Detroit finish 3-1 and finish 9-8 =7th seed.

Just my opinion.

I have run the simulation on the playoff machine a few times; each time with us going 2-2 and finishing 9-7-1. In all cases, we were the 6 seed. Of course I am basing this on what I THINK is most likely to happen; and predicting every game correctly for each of the final four weeks is of course, impossible. However, I still keep coming up with Seattle as the 7 seed. Mainly because I’m giving them a win in week 17 at home vs Jets. 

Also, I think SF is going to pass Minnesota for the 2 seed. I think SF finishes 3-1 and Minny finishes 2-2; they would tie and SF wins tie-breaker. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

We go 2-2 with wins v Giants and Brown's, we finish 9-7-1, =6th seed.

Detroit finish 3-1 and finish 9-8 =7th seed.

Just my opinion.

I agree of what you said in a way , but if we beat the Giants the Cowboys game should be a win cause they will be playing their second string players. They would already locked in their seed.

14 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

And guess what else that day is.....my Birthday! I know what I am wishing for.

I've asked Santa to give me a "Dan Snyder sold to XXX" news for Xmas, but to each their own :)

We're already in the driver's seat. All we have to do is take care of our games and we'll be in.

Playoffs scenarii are here to be broken and see the most unimaginable ones happen...

Edited by Wildbunny