4. Bucs (6-7/6-3):  Bengals @Cards, Panthers, @Falcons

5. Boys (10-3/7-3):  @Jags,Eagles,@Titans,@Commies

6. Commies  (7-5-1/4-4-1):  Giants, @49ers, Browns, Boys

7. Giants (7-5-1/3-5-1):  @Commies, @Vikings, Colts, @Eagles

8. Seahawks (7-6/5-5):  49ers,@Chiefs,Jets,Rams

9. Lions (6-7/5-4):  @Jets, @Panthers, Bears, @Packers

11. Panthers (5-8/4-5):  Steelers, Lions, @Bucs, @Saints

12. Falcons. (5-8/4-5):   @Saints, @Ravens, Cards, Bucs

Green Bay is currently 10th and not a factor for playoffs. Only listing Carolina and Atlanta because they are only a game back from Tampa and have a shot at the NFC South. Even if Arizona wins tonight, they would still be in 13th place.

I agree with Warhead, think it was him, saying Us and Lions make the playoffs and Seattle and New York don't.

Problem for Lions is they need to finish with one MORE win than all of the other three teams. The tie between us and Giants was a terrible outcome for them and they lose a tie breaker to Seahawks. So let’s say Lions finish 3-1 and land at 9-8. Well, two of the three they are chasing need to finish with 8 or fewer— so a max of one more win per team. 

I think we are in if we beat the Giants & Browns. 9 wins will get us at least the 7th seed.  Beating the 49ers and/or Cowboys would be bonus wins and possible nab us a higher seed.  If they lose to either the Giants or Browns then they have to go and win a game they're definitely going to be underdogs going into.  The Cowboys could be resting some starters Week 18 which could help the cause.

6 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I wouldn't expect Purdy to continue playing like he has, it could happen but the Bucs are really bad, worst Brady lead team I've seen in his entire career.

I tend to agree as well...Doesn't really mean much about him, it's just that consistency for a QB is damn hard to achieve in the NFL, especially for a 7th round rookie.

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think we are in if we beat the Giants & Browns. 9 wins will get us at least the 7th seed.  Beating the 49ers and/or Cowboys would be bonus wins and possible nab us a higher seed.  If they lose to either the Giants or Browns then they have to go and win a game they're definitely going to be underdogs going into.  The Cowboys could be resting some starters Week 18 which could help the cause.

Would love for us to win out and for Dallas to lose out...we would most likely play the Bucs in the wildcard round if that happened.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Would love for us to win out and for Dallas to lose out...we would most likely play the Bucs in the wildcard round if that happened.

I like this scenario better. Commanders playing either the Falcons or the Bucs instead of Vikes or Niners. 

• Thumb up 1

57 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

9 wins with one against the Giants basically guarantees us a playoff spot. It would take TWO out of the three between the Lions, Seahawks, and Giants getting 10 wins to knock us out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

9 wins with one against the Giants basically guarantees us a playoff spot. It would take TWO out of the three between the Lions, Seahawks, and Giants getting 10 wins to knock us out.

I also want to be in a situation where we can look at the performance against the 49ers as a barometer for how we will look against potential playoff caliber teams during the stretch where every team is looking to play their best football.  There is a chance that they end up matched up against the 49ers in the first round, and I wouldn't mind having already seen what the two teams have for each other.  

Their chances to win have gone up due to Purdy being the QB, but that team is so stacked and so well coached that it is going to be a tough one regardless of who is under center.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I also want to be in a situation where we can look at the performance against the 49ers as a barometer for how we will look against potential playoff caliber teams during the stretch where every team is looking to play their best football. 

You can go and rewatch the Philly game.

nearly every single thing had to go right for us to win that game, and we executed flawlessly

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

At first, I didn't want any part of the 49ers, now I would rather go up against them. Even if we lose to them in the regular season, even if they whoop our asses, I would hope we would learn from it and adjust in the playoffs.  Add in all their injuries...gimme the niners.

If they can't beat the Giants then they don't deserve the Paloffs anyway. The Giants started 6-1 and has lost badly to everybody since except for beating the Texans and the tie.

They got spanked by Seattle, Detroit, Dallas and Philly. Dallas game looked closer but the Giants scored a garbage time TD when they were down 15 at the end of the game. They suck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

If they can't beat the Giants then they don't deserve the Paloffs anyway. The Giants started 6-1 and has lost badly to everybody since except for beating the Texans and the tie.

They got spanked by Seattle, Detroit, Dallas and Philly. Dallas game looked closer but the Giants scored a garbage time TD when they were down 15 at the end of the game. They suck.

Yeah the Giants are legitimately bad. We should win unless the interior OL is just complete dog doo doo again.

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah the Giants are legitimately bad. We should win unless the interior OL is just complete dog doo doo again.

The big thing to me is that we are like 8 straight games with just about every single thing going our way. Bounces, penalties, non turnovers, so on and so on. Taylor is also due for that implosion game where the luck finally comes crashing down.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

If the Skins win the odds of making the post season is 86% and that drops to 28% with a loss.  Damn this game is big.

I wish I was confident.  The sting will be bad if we lose this game.  Getting extra rest, playing at home, favored, hopefully getting healthy with St-Juste back, 3 weeks of focus/game planning for the Giants, nearly everything going our way during the bye... etc.  Don't even want to think about how bad a loss will feel.

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

See: Christmas Eve, against the 49ers.

And they get us at home along with extra rest & time to prepare for us.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, on one hand we are fortunate they won’t have Jimmy or Deebo.  But traveling three time zones on a short week with our own backup QB in tow against that defense is easily a worse draw.

I don't expect us to score 10 points that game. They are going to dominate us defensively. 

The reason why the Giants game is so pivotal is because out of the 3 remaining games, 2 of them are against NFC Contenders and they likely would need to upset one of them to get to 9 wins.  If they beat the Giants then to get to 9 wins, they likely just need 1 more win between the 49ers, Browns, & Cowboys.   Needing to only win 1 of the last 3 versus 2 of the last 3 is huge.

i would like for us to get that #5 spot.  that spot is manageable to get to show!  Right now, seems like the football gods are favoring Dallas to get there!  but then again, the playoffs are a different beast! hoping Scott Turner will create and call better plays for the Commanders from now on!

Although it's factually not, I'm looking at this weeks game against the Giants as an absolute must win game. If we lose, then the SF game becomes a must win. And I'm not confident in our chances on short rest, traveling across the country to play against a team with the number 1 defense that will be coming off 10 days rest.

If we lose these next two games, our playoff chances are done, regardless of what the math says. So, get the win on Sunday and then the SF game becomes a great if we win, but not doomsday if we lose game. By losing Sunday, we would desperately have to beat SF and that doesn't seem likely for reasons I mentioned. Also, add to the fact that Kyle Shanahan loathes Snyder and would love to be the one to put the final nail in his coffin and then give a game ball to his father in the locker room after the game.  

So, the Giants game to me is a must win game to avoid a must win game six days later.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I think if you guys make the playoffs you definitely want to play whoever wins the NFC South cause I think Washington can beat any of those teams then playing Minnesota again would be ideal for you guys. You matchup well with them. If you win that one then you hopefully play Dallas or Philly whom you could beat since you know those guys very well. Then after that your in the Super Bowl.

14 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I think if you guys make the playoffs you definitely want to play whoever wins the NFC South cause I think Washington can beat any of those teams then playing Minnesota again would be ideal for you guys. You matchup well with them. If you win that one then you hopefully play Dallas or Philly whom you could beat since you know those guys very well. Then after that your in the Super Bowl.

My mind won’t let me get there.  I’m nervous about the Giants game and Philly looks better each game (dammit).

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1