Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Seattle losing to Carolina is huge. Actually gives us some cushion now and next week's game is no longer essentially an elimination game. 

If we can beat the Giants and Browns, we're in. The NFC is a ****show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Seattle losing to Carolina is huge. Actually gives us some cushion now and next week's game is no longer essentially an elimination game. 

Yep, no one will want to hear it, but if we lose to Giants we won’t be anywhere near eliminated. The Seahawks loss drastically increases our odds of getting in with 9 wins— no matter who those wins come against. 

Only “negative” today besides Lions is Niners winning— now, their game on Thursday in Seattle really isn’t all that big for them. I’m sure they would prefer to just go ahead and win the division that night, but it’s a MUCH bigger game for Seattle— and now SF looks like they will be without Deebo too. That’s gonna be a tough game Thursday for them. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Not sure about that.  Can't they drop to 8th again with a loss?  The Giants game is monumental no matter what.  This team can own the tiebreaker over them with a win.  

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Pretty sure it's due to conference record, not division record.

I don't think the Giants have won a division game yet this season. Our win over the Eagles gives us an edge at the moment.

Edited by Bacon

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

If we can beat the Giants and Browns, we're in. The NFC is a ****show.

Why do you say that? The AFC WC picture is fairly messy as well. 

Just now, NoVaSkins21 said:

Not sure about that.  Can't they drop to 8th again with a loss?  The Giants game is monumental no matter what.  They can own the tiebreaker over them with a win.  

But if the Seahawks lose to SF Thursday we are guaranteed to at least be the 7th seed after next week— even if we lose to Giants. 

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Not sure about that.  Can't they drop to 8th again with a loss?  The Giants game is monumental no matter what.  They can own the tiebreaker over them with a win.  

Seattle's schedule down the stretch is brutal. Its possible they only finish with like 8 wins. Or even if they(along with Detroit) go 9-8, if we go 9-7-1, even with a loss to the Giants, we'd be ahead of them both. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, kleese said:

Yeah adding a 7th team really makes things wacky, but this has been a strange NFL season. Outside of a few teams you have a bunch of teams that have mired between mediocre to pretty good. 

I think that ties for playoff seating between teams in the same division are resolved using their division record before conference record comes into play.

Had too many  bourbons to actually look it up though.

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Pretty sure it's due to conference record, not division record.

• Like 1

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

I think that ties for playoff seating between teams in the same division are resolved using their division record before conference record comes into play.

Had too many  bourbons to actually look it up though.

You're correct. Well, head to head comes first. Then division record.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kleese said:

True, the entire NFL is mired in mediocre football right now. There are maybe four good teams in the NFC (Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, 49ers) and six in the AFC (Chiefs, Bills, Dolphins, Bengals, Ravens, Titans). Maybe three or four truly great teams in the whole league.

Decent play the rest of the way will probably get us in.

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two big games prior to our game next week....49ers @ Seahawks on Thursday and Lions @ Jets on Sunday.

If we beat the Giants and win one more game, the only way we miss the playoffs is if at least two out of the following three things happen....

1) Seahawks win 3 out of 4.

2) Lions win their last 4

3) Giants win their last 3.

• Like 1

DAL will be the 5th seed and have the easiest game vs NFC South winner.

WSH or NYG (#6 and (#7) will play Vikings #2 or SF #3 as it stands now.

Rather win to play Cousins than 49'ers D and Mr.Irrelevant.

The lowest winning seed plays PHI #1 where the #6 would play the DAL/NFC South winner.

WSH needs to be winning going into an away Wildcard game.

It's possible to beat NYG and then host them for NFC Championship game! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by TheShredder
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Bacon said:

True, the entire NFL is mired in mediocre football right now. There are maybe four good teams in the NFC (Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, 49ers) and six in the AFC (Chiefs, Bills, Dolphins, Bengals, Ravens, Titans). Maybe three or four truly great teams in the whole league.

Decent play the rest of the way will probably get us in.

you just said that a third of the league is good.  That's not that bad

5 minutes ago, MrJL said:

you just said that a third of the league is good.  That's not that bad

I think the thing is, there is a BIG gap between the elite teams and even the pretty good teams.

Like, I'd consider us to be in that decent to pretty good range. But we're nowhere near the same class as the Chiefs, Bills, Eagles, and 49ers. 

The gap between us and those teams is bigger than the gap between us and say the Texans or Bears. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't think the Giants have won a division game yet this season. Our win over the Eagles gives us an edge at the moment.

Fascinating observation...

0-3-1

I'm not in the "they suck" boat, but they are arguably the least of the good NFC teams.  They may get in anyway, but I expect major changes on offense at QB and receiver.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

DAL will be the 5th seed and have the easiest game vs NFC South winner.

WSH or NYG will play Vikings #2 or SF #3 as it stands now.

Rather win to play Cousins than 49'ers D and Mr.Irrelevant.

WSH needs to be winning going into an away Wildcard game.

Agree, SF is the toughest of that first round group.  Minnesota and Tampa are so beatable.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 2

Giants are bad. They had some really lucky wins early on but are hitting major regression. They're improved over last year for sure, Daboll is a legit coach, but their roster is putrid outside of Barkley and a couple DL. If we were healthy on the OL and our TEs didn't poop the bed we win last week by double digits. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

As good as SF’s D is, I’d still rather play the rookie QB, without Deebo, than Cousins. 

Im going to the Christmas Eve game and it’s going to be too tempting not to go back for the wild card game. I think the rookie qb crashes and burns pretty soon. The Seahawks have a tough schedule so 49ers should win the division and stumble into the post season.