Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

Credible source reporting Pats/Raiders has indeed been removed from SNF and will start at 4:05 Sunday now. No word on what is being flexed I but there is close to a 100% chance it’s our game or Bills/Dolphins. The option for 4pm Sat now appears off the table. Looks like we will be primetime either Sat or Sun. 

3 minutes ago, kleese said:

Credible source reporting Pats/Raiders has indeed been removed from SNF and will start at 4:05 Sunday now. No word on what is being flexed I but there is close to a 100% chance it’s our game or Bills/Dolphins. The option for 4pm Sat now appears off the table. Looks like we will be primetime either Sat or Sun. 

praying for Sunday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kleese said:

Wait, why would the option for 4 PM Saturday be off the table, just from that info? 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

praying for Sunday

I certainly have no sources but I see no reason why they shouldn’t put Dolphins-Bills on SNF. It’s one of the best/biggest games of the entire NFL year, marquee QB match up, and avoids putting Miami at a further travel/rest disadvantage. 

2 minutes ago, kleese said:

I certainly have no sources but I see no reason why they shouldn’t put Dolphins-Bills on SNF. It’s one of the best/biggest games of the entire NFL year, marquee QB match up, and avoids putting Miami at a further travel/rest disadvantage. 

Yeah probably I'm just hoping its Sunday for us for selfish reasons lolol

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait, why would the option for 4 PM Saturday be off the table, just from that info? 

Wondering same thing, hoping for Saturday prime time or Sunday. Arrive at 255 Saturday at BWI and either would allow me to go. Saturday at 430 would be a no go for me being able to go to game. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Because it would be shocking if they put us at 4pm and moved one of those lesser games available to primetime. 

Sounds like SNF for our game 

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah. They’ll probably fly to San Fran on Thursday 12/22, to get used to the time change. Probably practice Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, then a practice in San Fran on Friday 12/23. Then game on 12/24

That would be my preference but JP Finlay just said that Riverboat believes in traveling the day before the game, period.

Rivera has the old school mentality that you should stick to a routine to maintain focus.

He avoids uneccesary travel  because the extra time in a foreign city can lead some players to distraction and shall we say "nightime mischief".

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Well now Turner will have even more time to prepare for the rematch.  OL is going to be a huge concern with Larsen gone.

I'm all for signing Keith Ismael off the 49ers practice squad to see if he's better than Martin. Schweitzer will start at C, but we need depth on the line.

9 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

Great call by @kleese. He was all over this a week or so ago and called it all but a certainty that either way it was going to be Miami/Buffalo and Giants/Washington as the Saturday night game and the flex game to Sunday Night Football.   

Hey what about me! I’m the one that had the actual inside scoop from what the grounds guy said late last week :) Send some credit my way too ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

For those interested in more possible schedule changes… 

By rule, nothing can be flexed Christmas Eve. The NFL would have to break the rules of their own press release from before the season if they did that. The night game on Eve is Raiders at Steelers but it’s NFLN, not NBC because it’s a Sat game. And with both of those teams playing better it’s not a total dog anyway. Wouldn’t matter if it was; but regardless nothing will change on Eve with the exception of perhaps a network cross-flex; no game times are going to shift. So we will play at SF at 4:05 on the 24th. 

New Year’s Day vs Browns is slated for 1pm. I’d say unlikely that moves, but keep this in mind: 

The SNF game (Rams/Chargers) is 100% going to get flexed out. And right now CBS has the DH 4:25 game that day with ONLY Vikings at Packers in that spot. That is a potentially extremely weak feature game. I think it is certain the Sunday game gets flexed and quite possibly the Vikings game either gets flexed or another game is added to that slot. Now, looking at the schedule, it is a WEAK slate. No real obvious match-ups. The best game currently between two playoff-ish teams is Jets at Seahawks. I say keep this in mind, because this decision needs to be made after we play the Giants. IF the Browns win their next two, all of a sudden that could become a candidate to move around the schedule. Results of next two weeks could change other things as well, but something to keep an eye on. Again, I’d say chances are that our game stays where it is, but we could very well get moved or cross-flexed networks. 

I suppose by now we all know that week 18 is up in air across the board. I believe two games will be selected for Saturday. And they will want those games to have some level of playoff implication. But they won’t want them to be deciding games—- in other words, they don’t want to put a game on Sat that then renders a Sunday game meaningless. So who know where we will slot vs Dallas. Could be massive; could be meaningless; could be anywhere between. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hey what about me! I’m the one that had the actual inside scoop from what the grounds guy said late last week :) Send some credit my way too ;) 

Yes you did! Although, I have to say the difference is that you have a bit of inside info and @kleesedoes not. But what the hell, it's the holiday season! Great call by the @Cooleyfan1993too! 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

somehow I didnt realize the Xmas eve game was at 3... I agreed to host my wife's 40+ person family for Xmas that night and people will start rolling in around the 3rd qtr. How did I screw this up?!?!?!

Going to be at FedEx the following week and can't wait to hopefully see some meaningful football. K Cousins was the QB last time I got to see a meaningful game, he of course lost to the pack but hey it was fun for a second!