Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Our 3-1 record against the AFC proves that we are overmatched in that conference.

In fairness it was against the weakest division in the conference and our one loss was to the only team that's over .500. 

But the AFC does have some absolute dogs in it. I don't think there is a huge difference between the two conferences except for the disparity in QBs. But the fringe teams of the AFC are about on par with the fringe teams of the NFC. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Our 3-1 record against the AFC proves that we are overmatched in that conference.

I know it's been a lousy century for Washington football, but if you're bragging about beating Indy, Jacksonville and Houston this year (and two of those barely) then it may be even worse than I thought. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

I know it's been a lousy century for Washington football, but if you're bragging about beating Indy, Jacksonville and Houston this year (and two of those barely) then it may be even worse than I thought. 

It was in response to “thank God we don’t play in the AFC” as if wouldn’t be in a similar playoff position as we are now in the NFC.

It was in response to “thank God we don’t play in the AFC” as if wouldn’t be in a similar playoff position as we are now in the NFC.

Heck, I'm rooting for the Jags to overtake Indy to ensure Indy gets the 3rd place in their division (we play @ AFC South 3rd seed next year assuming we finish ahead of the Giants).  I'd rather play them vs Jags

Edited by mhd24
  • Like 1

Which could be considered a valid point, I suppose, if your argument was that Washington could have a similar record if they were in the AFC South. In place of Tennessee.

• Like 1

IMO, the rematch in 2 weeks is basically a playoff game.  Winner is in and loser is the out of the playoff picture.  Giants are probably losing to the Philly next week.  Team needs to be better on offense the next time around and stop Barkley and Vanilla Vick (Jones) on the ground

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Thumb up 1

So with the Seattle win we fall out of the “of the playoffs started today” graphics— for a week at least. 

If either the Giants (Eagles) or Seahawks (Panthers) lose next week, we will overtake them in said graphic.

No matter what happens we will overtake the Giants if we beat them in two weeks. 

The game vs Giants won’t be a technical must-win but it will be pretty close. If we lose to fall to 7-6-1 and let’s say the Giants go to 8-5-1, they will essentially be two games ahead of us with three to go because they would own the tiebreaker. So it would become difficult (not impossible, Giants play Vikings after us) to catch them for sure. Our hope then would be the Seahawks collapse— after Carolina they have a very very tough three game stretch. So we’d still be alive with a loss to Giants, but the odds crater. It’s going to be a massive game no doubt. 

Watch those Lions too— the tie today helps because now they need to PASS our win total but they are playing well and lurking. More on that on the bye week version of who to root for next week. 

• Like 1