Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I think there's a real good chance our game against the Giants on December 18th gets flexed to SNF. The current SNF game is Raiders @ Patriots which doesn't seem that appealing with the Raiders out of it and the Pats a fringe playoff team at best(and without Brady they're not a very juicy team). Meanwhile you'd get the D.C. and N.Y. markets and both teams are thick in NFC playoff contention. 

Saturday the 17th is an option as well. They’re one of the 5 games the league is choosing from to be on Saturday. Stadium ops people were saying today to not be surprised if we hear sooner than December 6th 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Saturday the 17th is an option as well. They’re one of the 5 games the league is choosing from to be on Saturday. Stadium ops people were saying today to not be surprised if we hear sooner than December 6th 

Argh we have our annual friends group Christmas party that night. I hope it doesn't get flexed to Saturday as I really don't want to have to watch the game with a bunch of non football fans at a friends house. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched the full game, wild ride and big time that the Seahawks lost. Couldn’t believe the Raiders went for that 56 yard field goal in the prior drive 

Carr looked like he made a nice pre-snap adjustment at the line on the game winner, I doubt we hear much about that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Carr looked like he made a nice pre-snap adjustment at the line on the game winner, I doubt we hear much about that.

I've watched most of Carr's last three games.   He'd bring IMO our passing game up at least 2 clear pegs.   the downside though is Raiders are finding their stride of late so it looks like lol I got to root for a bad game from Carr soon otherwise i am doubting they release him. 

Man, what a week it’s been. First, I’ll accept the apology from some of you who mocked me for starting the thread 😉

Secondly, with the Green Bay result pending, I think we safely remove ALL team currently behind us in standings other than Seattle from the mix. 

The only one I think we can kinda/sorta worry about is the Lions because they have the tiebreaker on us. But they are 4-7; not worth worrying about at this juncture. If they close in on us it probably means we have bigger issues anyway. I think you can also officially cross off the Rams, Cards, and the entire South— someone will win it and I’d be stunned if the second place team winds up being an issue for us. 

So it’s really just about the Giants and Seahawks now— might as well keep rooting against the Niners as well, but it’s kind of hard for me to see them not winning the division. 

The results of today IMO did two things: 

1. Made it a lock that we get in at 10-7. 
2. Increased odds we make it in at 9-8 assuming we beat Giants at least once. 

Anyone who says Sunday at NYG is a must-win is completely wrong. It’s a must-win if you’re hoping to CRUISE into the playoffs stress-free down the stretch. If you want that (and who doesn’t) then we need to sweep the Giants. But losing this week would not be crushing or destroy our odds or anything like that at all. If we come out of the second Giants game at 8-6, we will be in a good spot, period. If we are 9-5, we can probably cruise. Getting swept by the Giants would be the killer. 

No doubt winning on Sunday will allow everyone to breathe rather easily for two weeks, but it isn’t a crushing blow if we don’t. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

7 seed likely goes to Minnesota round 1.

6 seed likely goes to San Francisco.

5 seed likely goes to NFC South winner.

Call me crazy but I'd rather be the 7 seed and go to Minnesota than have to go to San Fran or Tampa as a 5 or 6-seed.  Would rather play against Kurt Cuddins than against Brady or the Niners.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've watched most of Carr's last three games.   He'd bring IMO our passing game up at least 2 clear pegs.   the downside though is Raiders are finding their stride of late so it looks like lol I got to root for a bad game from Carr soon otherwise i am doubting they release him. 

Carr was the guy Washington should have grabbed this past off season