Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

11 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Did you just say the key to winning both games against the Giants is to win the first game? lol…

Touche!

What I should have said was something along the lines of: winning the first game, in NY, will be the more difficult task. And left it at that.

But I'm glad I didn't.

If I had been more direct and clear in my proposition you wouldn't have had an opportunity to bring a moment of sheer joy to the forum (including myself); and when it comes down to it moments like that help make life worth living-- even when they're at your own expense.

"If you can't occasionally laugh at your own frailty you run the risk of one day becoming as bitter and vindictive as the Dan $nyders of the world." Marcus Aurelius 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Not that it matters but I recall in the past Stephen Smith on First Take writing the team off when they have a shot at the playoffs has tended to be good luck.

Smith an avowed Cowboy hater has become a sneaky hater of this team over the years -- he loved to goof on the Football team name, now he goes off on the Commanders name, and basically thinks its laughable, the idea that this team has a shot at the playoffs.  It's cool, Smith doesn't know football, and it doesn't matter -- hoping its good luck.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not that it matters but I recall in the past Stephen Smith on First Take writing the team off when they have a shot at the playoffs has tended to be good luck.

Smith an avowed Cowboy hater has become a sneaky hater of this team over the years -- he loved to goof on the Football team name, now he goes off on the Commanders name, and basically thinks its laughable, the idea that this team has a shot at the playoffs.  It's cool, Smith doesn't know football, and it doesn't matter -- hoping its good luck.

Well better a Cowboy hater than lover. I think it’s the fans he hates because you know how over the top Boys fans are and each year the Boys do jack.

Michael Irvin is delusional in thinking the Boys are the best team in the nfc.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Well better a Cowboy hater than lover. I think it’s the fans he hates because you know how over the top Boys fans are and each year the Boys do jack.

Michael Irvin is delusional in thinking the Boys are the best team in the nfc.

Yep the Cowboy hate hw seems to bask in it but he’s also like I said a sneaky hater of the commanders I’ve noticed. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I think Stephen A. Smith's Cowboys hate is more rooted in Dallas media/fans/analysts myopia over their own team.  Every single season it's "We're going to the show" from the day of the draft up until they are promptly booted in the wild card round.  Stephen A just sort of goes full-on opposite on them, even when he knows they have a respectable team, he just knows that unless they actually get to and win the superbowl, he will always be able to say I told you so because that is what Cowboys fans truly think they're achieving every single season. 

59 minutes ago, Csup said:

Since Washington plays SF don't they have control right now?

I'm assuming he means one of the three wildcard spots...which technically we have control of that right now.

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We’ll currently hold the wild card spot. I didn’t know how to best word it.

Oh, you meant we would be one of the wildcard teams if the season ended after the 2nd Giants game. if so, we might be in that scenario in about 3 hours lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

Last year we were 6-6 and had the 6th seed on a tiebreaker with 5 games remaining.  We have more wins this year but so do other teams so the "what we need to do scenarios" are almost identical. Feels different because the D is stout but it doesn't feel safe.

I think there's a real good chance our game against the Giants on December 18th gets flexed to SNF. The current SNF game is Raiders @ Patriots which doesn't seem that appealing with the Raiders out of it and the Pats a fringe playoff team at best(and without Brady they're not a very juicy team). Meanwhile you'd get the D.C. and N.Y. markets and both teams are thick in NFC playoff contention. 

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Last year we were 6-6 and had the 6th seed on a tiebreaker with 5 games remaining.  We have more wins this year but so do other teams so the "what we need to do scenarios" are almost identical. Feels different because the D is stout but it doesn't feel safe.

Its gonna be between us, the Giants, and the Seahawks/49ers(whoever doesn't win the West) for the 6 and 7 seeds. Cowboys have the 5 seed on lock. None of the 5 or less win teams really stand out to me at all(Bucs and Falcons are in contention because they can get in via winning their division but aren't Wild Card threats).

• Like 1