Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

41 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, I don’t see us beating the falcons with the run game plan…..sucks too cause a win on Sunday would be HUGE, with one of the cowboys/giants losing on Thursday. 

ugh. 

Falcons are pretty mediocre. It won't be an easy game but one we should win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, method man said:

May be without Pitts too, which leaves London as their only weapon in the pass game. Should have Holcomb back too hopefully

Ugh, I'm not sure that's an "upgrade". Bostic is horrible, but he's been an improvement (just don't ask him to cover)

46 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Ugh, I'm not sure that's an "upgrade". Bostic is horrible, but he's been an improvement (just don't ask him to cover)

No.  He looks OK because our D line is eating up every block there is.  After the Eagles game what I saw with my personal eye test was that the Eagles didn't do exactly what they wanted to do but they were able to make plays on offense... but I didn't see the nitty gritty.  I then listened to the Pat Mcafee show and I listened to A.J Shipley's take on the game.  And while I didn't see any huge plays from Allen and Payne, Shipley pointed out Philly couldn't do anything they WANTED to do because of those two guys on defense.   They wrecked the game and I didn't even notice.

I'm almost thinking we have to figure out some way to pay Payne to keep him.  It's been a couple decades since we've drafted a STUD DT like we have and we have 2 of them.

They make teams who are only good at running the ball not have any offensive game at all.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SkinsWmsbg said:

No.  He looks OK because our D line is eating up every block there is.  After the Eagles game what I saw with my personal eye test was that the Eagles didn't do exactly what they wanted to do but they were able to make plays on offense... but I didn't see the nitty gritty.  I then listened to the Pat Mcafee show and I listened to A.J Shipley's take on the game.  And while I didn't see any huge plays from Allen and Payne, Shipley pointed out Philly couldn't do anything they WANTED to do because of those two guys on defense.   They wrecked the game and I didn't even notice.

I'm almost thinking we have to figure out some way to pay Payne to keep him.  It's been a couple decades since we've drafted a STUD DT like we have and we have 2 of them.

They make teams who are only good at running the ball not have any offensive game at all.

Yeah I heard that Shipley segment on McAfee as well. He RAVED about just how good Allen and Payne were in that game and have been all season. Called them the best starting DT duo in the league. 

• Like 2

Win next week and the odds of making the playoffs at 7-5 are actually pretty high.  

If they win next week I think they could get to 10.  

The toughest 2 games they have left are the 49ers and Dallas.  

But Dallas could be completely locked into the 5 seed or have the division with nothing to play for.  I could see that being a game where they rest folks. 

At this point I don’t see them beating the 49ers.  All the other games, they can win, especially if Dallas has nothing to play for. 

Hell, I said they would get to 11 wins  before the season started.  Give me a run if the next 3 to sweep the Giants, and then need need 2 of the Cleveland, Dallas and 49ers to get to 11.  

I think they will get to 10.  I want them at 11.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I think we root for the Giants over Dallas on Thanksgiving, right?

I was wondering about that, too...I think the only reason to root for the Giants to win is if you seriously think we have a chance at winning the division. No part of me believes that lol...so I'm thinking let Dallas and Philly fight it out for the division and keep piling the losses onto the Giants to help us make the playoffs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I was wondering about that, too...I think the only reason to root for the Giants to win is if you seriously think we have a chance at winning the division. No part of me believes that lol...so I'm thinking let Dallas and Philly fight it out for the division and keep piling the losses onto the Giants to help us make the playoffs.

The way I look at it, and we’re getting way ahead of ourselves, is if we sweep NYG, we could pass them and set up a scenario where we and Dallas are both 10-6 heading into the last game.  Dallas has the easier schedule on paper, but still have Philly and Tenn.  NYG has Philly twice and MN.

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Dallas losing on thanksgiving wouldn’t help us at a chance for the division though, seeing as how Philly is 9-1. Dallas losing isn’t going to help us catch Philly. It’ll help make it easier (as long as we keep winning) to compete for a wildcard spot with Dallas. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Dallas losing on thanksgiving wouldn’t help us at a chance for the division though, seeing as how Philly is 9-1. Dallas losing isn’t going to help us catch Philly. It’ll help make it easier (as long as we keep winning) to compete for a wildcard spot with Dallas. 

The closer division teams are to you in terms of record, the easier it is to win the Division. Dallas losing now means they can win one later against the Eagles.

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The way I look at it, and we’re getting way ahead of ourselves, is if we sweep NYG, we could pass them and set up a scenario where we and Dallas are both 10-6 heading into the last game.  Dallas has the easier schedule on paper, but still have Philly and Tenn.  NYG has Philly twice and MN.

I think I'm looking at it as it doesn't really matter too much if we're the number 5, 6, or 7 seed...so all I care about is knocking our immediate competition back some, which would be the Giants (and of course the 49ers Monday night). And we are indeed getting way ahead of ourselves, yep lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

23 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The closer division teams are to you in terms of record, the easier it is to win the Division. Dallas losing now means they can win one later against the Eagles.

Yeah, not sure I’m following that logic. How does Dallas losing on Thursday (and falling to 7-4) mean they can win their Christmas Eve game against the eagles? Especially if the eagles win on SNF against the packers, they’ll improve to 10-1. 

how does any of that give US any chance at the division?

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, not sure I’m following that logic. How does Dallas losing on Thursday (and falling to 7-4) mean they can win their Christmas Eve game against the eagles? Especially if the eagles win on SNF against the packers, they’ll improve to 10-1. 

If you're talking about winning the division, then you want the current division leader to lose games...that's currently the Eagles. Since we don't play them again, it would be great if they just lost all their remaining games lol...or as many as possible. That includes against the Cowboys.

So if the Cowboys lose Thursday, that means they can win against the eagles without getting any further ahead of us as long as we take care of business on our end.

I think the playoffs really come down to the Giants games.  While the 49ers game may end up being very important as a tiebreaker, I think the back to back Giants games are more important than the Falcons.  Giants have hit above their weight and have a record that doesnt reflect their ability.  They have the same record as the Cowboys, but a +1 score differential vs 84.

Sadly, with 6 wins we would be tied for 2nd in the entire rest of the NFC, but are 4th in the NFC East.  Which means we probably need to take that spot from the Giants.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Win next week and the odds of making the playoffs at 7-5 are actually pretty high.  

If they win next week I think they could get to 10.  

The toughest 2 games they have left are the 49ers and Dallas.  

But Dallas could be completely locked into the 5 seed or have the division with nothing to play for.  I could see that being a game where they rest folks. 

At this point I don’t see them beating the 49ers.  All the other games, they can win, especially if Dallas has nothing to play for. 

Hell, I said they would get to 11 wins  before the season started.  Give me a run if the next 3 to sweep the Giants, and then need need 2 of the Cleveland, Dallas and 49ers to get to 11.  

I think they will get to 10.  I want them at 11.

Dan still owns the team. We aren’t getting to 11 wins.

We will probably lose a game we aren’t expecting either Atlanta or Cleveland.

7th seed is a likely rematch with Minny and a quick exit. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Eagles would have to collapse to not be division winners.