Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

The Packers can be crossed off now. Completely off the radar I’d say. They are 4-7, look very limited, and we hold the tie-breaker with them. They also do not play any of the other contending NFC teams in our way. As far as we are concerned, the Pack is dead. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Some guy came up with two playoff scenarios for the Commanders to make the playoffs that nobody's talking about--both of which has us winning the division:

image.png.9fbe282baec04c6e2e752ad098aa0110.png

image.png.aa625906a17d3bde64dd928a06a89292.png

Slam Dunk Touchdown GIF by #ActionAliens

I admire the effort, but way too much time on their hands.

2 hours ago, TK said:

1131170222_ScreenShot2022-11-17at10_05_40PM.thumb.png.131537238787b9e3ee50d025e258f527.png

If I'm reading this right, the 49ers have a cookie cutter schedule remaining whereas ours is one of the toughest? Same with Seattle. This is going to be difficult.

30 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I was playing around with the 2022 ESPN playoff machine as well, I don’t think it means anyone that does that has too much time on their hands. It’s a fun site to use to come up with ways your team gets a playoff spot 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1

The way I see it, making the paloffs is about 1 thing; coaching.

Do I trust Rivera, Turner and DelTaco to get into a groove? No. 

Do I trust Heinicke to continue playing at a fairly decent/good level? No.

Why i'm having flashbacks seeing this team only needing to beat the Giants to have a shot at paloffs, only to choke it away, who knows, but I can see the ultimate letdown coming at some point where THE game they desperately need to win that they end up looking like they never devised a game plan.

The Pukes aren't an issue; I think they upset them as they usually end up doing late in the season, but the Giants game[s] give me pause. 

It is unusually strange[r] to even consider paloffs, lets face it, we're just not that type of a fanbase. We've been so indoctrinated into hapless illusions of " what could have beens " that the actual possibility tends to cloud most every mind,

BUT...  

27 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

It is unusually strange[r] to even consider paloffs, lets face it, we're just not that type of a fanbase.

Uhhh…..what? We aren’t that type of a fanbase? This fanbase in 2005, 2007, 2012, 2015, 2020 (and last season during the 4 game winning streak) would like a word. 

because that’s literally what this fanbase was doing in all those years that I just mentioned, considering playoffs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I thought it was obvious that the guy wasn't being serious and neither was I lol...plus he wasn't trying to find ways for the Commanders to make the playoffs, he was just trying out insane-but-technically-possible scenarios for the entire league. One had a scenario where all 16 AFC teams had a losing record lol 😂

On 11/15/2022 at 12:08 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Updated going into Week 11.

Overall Record/Conference Record

1. Eagles (8-1/5-1):  @Colts, Packers, Titans, @Giants, @Bears, @Boys, Saints, Giants

2. Vikings (8-1/6-1):  Boys, Pats, Jets, @Lions, Colts, Giants, @Packers, @Bears

3. Seahawks (6-4/4-4):  Raiders, @Rams, Panthers, 49ers, @Chiefs, Jets, Rams

4. Bucs (5-5/5-2):  @Browns, Saints, @49ers, Bengals @Cards, Panthers, @Falcons

5. Giants(7-2/3-2):  Lions, @Boys, Commies, Eagles, @Commies, @Vikings, Colts, @Eagles

6. Boys(6-3/5-3):  @Vikings, Giants, Colts, Texans, @Jags, Eagles, @Titans, @Commies

7. 49ers(5-4/4-2): @Cards in Mexico.*, Saints, Dolphins, Bucs, @Seahawks, Commies, @Raiders, Cards 

8. Commies(5-5/3-4):  @Texans, Falcons, @Giants, Giants, @49ers, Browns, Boys

9. Packers(4-7/3-4): @Eagles, @Bears, Rams, @Dolphins, Vikings, Lions

10. Falcons(4-6/3-4): Bears, @Commies, Steelers,, @Saints, @Ravens, Cards, Bucs

Arizona also has 4 wins but they aren't going anywhere and everyone else has 3 or less wins.

Beating Philly helps us immensely. We will need either Seattle, Dallas or New York to collapse to have a legit shot. Green Bay could sneak back into it.  Maybe Dallas is the team to collapse instead of NY.

Let’s see:

1. Eagles- 14-3/15-2

2. Vikings- 12-5 to 14-3

3. Seahawks- 9-8 to 11-6

4. Bucs- 9-8/10-7

5. Giants- 9-8 to 11-6

6. Boys- 10-7 to 12-5

7. 49ers- 9-8 to 12-5

8. Commies- 7-11 to 9-8

9. Packers- 7-11/8-9

10. Falcons- 7-11 to 9-8

Packers losing Thursday killed their playoff chance.  Our best shot would need see a collapse by Seattle, Dallas or New York. Sweeping NY would help us but I don’t see that happening. 

After this week probably only 9 teams in contention for nfc playoffs. 

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Let’s see:

1. Eagles- 14-3/15-2

2. Vikings- 12-5 to 14-3

3. Seahawks- 9-8 to 11-6

4. Bucs- 9-8/10-7

5. Giants- 9-8 to 11-6

6. Boys- 10-7 to 12-5

7. 49ers- 9-8 to 12-5

8. Commies- 7-11 to 9-8

9. Packers- 7-11/8-9

10. Falcons- 7-11 to 9-8

Packers losing Thursday killed their playoff chance.  Our best shot would need see a collapse by Seattle, Dallas or New York. Sweeping NY would help us but I don’t see that happening. 

After this week probably only 9 teams in contention for nfc playoffs. 

Who would've thought that we could still have a shot at going 4-2 in our division which may be what we need to do? Beat the NYG in NY and we have the two remaining division games at home. Can Chase elevate our defense to another level? 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t see why sweeping the giants seems like such a tall task to many. We beat them twice last year, and while the giants aren’t anywhere near as bad as last year, our defense has been playing much better and could shut Barkley down, and make things much more difficult for Daniel Jones. 

This year’s Giants are doing enough to win. They may come back down to earth but they have that 7-2 start to give them cushion. Despite the Giants deficiencies; I don’t see their coach letting them get swept by us.

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This year’s Giants are doing enough to win. They may come back down to earth but they have that 7-2 start to give them cushion. Despite the Giants deficiencies; I don’t see their coach letting them get swept by us.

They play us, then the Eagles, then play us again.

We play the Giants, then have a bye week, then play the Giants again.

That extra week of rest and preparation might make it possible...

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Let's not get it twisted, the playoff machine is fun. But taking all that time and effort to rig W/L for the entire league to get as many teams as possible to have records of 9-8? Or 10-7? That's extra effort. Not even just a division, or a conference, but the whole league.

It probably doesn't take as long as you're thinking it does...

• Thumb up 1