Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

21 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Dallas looks to have this, so hopefully these last few weeks are showing that the Giants are being exposed as imposters that the Commanders can eliminate.

I think ultimately that’s who we will catch. We match up really well against them, I see at least splitting the series if not winning both. The only games that I worry about are Dallas and San Fran. 

Dallas looks to have this, so hopefully these last few weeks are showing that the Giants are being exposed as imposters that the Commanders can eliminate.

I think ultimately that’s who we will catch. We match up really well against them, I see at least splitting the series if not winning both. The only games that I worry about are Dallas and San Fran. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

That post was so good, why not say it a 3rd time :) 

• Haha 1

Good Turkey day all around. Detroit and NYG losses are obviously good, but I’d also point out that Minnesota winning even could help us out a bit as well. It will be better for us for the Eagles and Vikings (3 combined games vs Giants) continue to be motivated to win weekly. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

YARN | Jimmy Two Times, who got that nickname because he ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Giants are toast. I'd be disappointed if we didn't sweep them to be honest. 

Absent a major disparity in talent or desire (ie the will to win) between teams, sweeping any division opponent is a difficult task at best; and this year, due to the unusual back to back scheduling  quirk, it's an even bigger challenge.

That said, I think that winning the first game is the key to a sweep.  I expect us to win the second game at home coming off our bye regardless. 

Mark my words: that first game is going to be an all out war.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Absent a major disparity in talent or desire (ie the will to win) between teams, sweeping any division opponent is a difficult task at best; and this year, due to the unusual back to back scheduling  quirk, it's an even bigger challenge.

That said, I think that winning the first game is the key to a sweep.  I expect us to win the second game at home coming off our bye regardless. 

Did you just say the key to winning both games against the Giants is to win the first game? lol…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Did you just say the key to winning both games against the Giants is to win the first game? lol…

Rye has been possessed by the spirit of John Madden...I need an old priest and a young priest and some blessed Gatorade.  The power of Lombardi compels you... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

To be fair, winning the first game would help figure out what worked, and what to improve on over the bye week to beat them again two weeks after that first game, so he has the right idea :) 

• Thumb up 1

17 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

The other thing for us is that if we can be physical all game long with this injured, downward-spiraling Giants team and make them feel it, we get a bye after, before seeing them again the following week. They do not—they have to get right into another game with their battered and bruised bodies and their players have to all make it out of that game alive as well before they can see us again. And for us, we’ll be rested, extra prepared, and Young specifically will be two more weeks along in his return before they see him again. 

We can’t get ahead of ourselves with this Falcons game or the first Giants game, but things are lining up for us to have a great stretch if we can stay healthy and take care of business. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1