Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

7 hours ago, SkinsWmsbg said:

No.  He looks OK because our D line is eating up every block there is.  After the Eagles game what I saw with my personal eye test was that the Eagles didn't do exactly what they wanted to do but they were able to make plays on offense... but I didn't see the nitty gritty.  I then listened to the Pat Mcafee show and I listened to A.J Shipley's take on the game.  And while I didn't see any huge plays from Allen and Payne, Shipley pointed out Philly couldn't do anything they WANTED to do because of those two guys on defense.   They wrecked the game and I didn't even notice.

I'm almost thinking we have to figure out some way to pay Payne to keep him.  It's been a couple decades since we've drafted a STUD DT like we have and we have 2 of them.

They make teams who are only good at running the ball not have any offensive game at all.

I’m not sure how you don’t notice Allen and Payne wrecking every game. But they’ve done that all year. Holcomb is not as good as people want him to be. Hard nosed guy, quality player all things considered but he’s a fringe starter/backup type for mostly every other NFL team.

Maybe he took some down time to study some tape, we’ll see. But the D has been better minus WJ3 and Holcomb.

I loathe having to play Dallas in what could likely be a win and in game for this team.  

That’s the only matchup on the schedule where I simply can’t talk myself into a win.  I can see our defense holding their own but I don’t see 3 yards and a cloud of dust being successful against their defense at all.

Of course, I can also see losing every other game on the schedule as well, due to our margin for error being so thin.  The 49ers in Cali won’t be easy either.  But the Cowboys seems like the worst matchup for our style of play. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

7th seed is a likely rematch with Minny and a quick exit. 

What about that Minny game week before last, and how they've played (and gotten smashed since) makes you think we wouldn't have a chance in a rematch against them?  I guarantee you that Minny wants no part of a 7-seed Skins team in the wild card round.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, illone said:

Paloffs is now!

edit that headline immediately!

Hey anything can happen in the paloffs!!!

🚀🚀

I don’t think it is though.  Paloffs is now means you have to win out because every game is an elimination game.  

They aren’t going to win out.

I wouldn’t mess with the Paloffs magic.  Paloffs will only be now when they have to win out.

Frankly, if they win their next 3 (sweep the z giants would seem unlikely) Paloffs might never be now, they might just make the playoffs the normal way, without having to win 5 games in a row at the end of the season.  

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dan still owns the team. We aren’t getting to 11 wins.

We will probably lose a game we aren’t expecting either Atlanta or Cleveland.

7th seed is a likely rematch with Minny and a quick exit. 

Eagles would have to collapse to not be division winners.

You said we wouldn’t win three games this season about six weeks ago, so…

🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t think it is though.  Paloffs is now means you have to win out because every game is an elimination game.  

They aren’t going to win out.

Um...those two sentences don't really depend on one another. They don't have to win out (or even have a realistic chance of winning out) in order for the "paloffs" to be now. I remember back in 2005 when one of the WP sports writers said in an article that fans were delusional for thinking the team could win their last 5 games and make the playoffs. It was right around the time the original "Paloffs is Now" thread was started and we wondered if the thread played any role in that part of the article lol...

2 hours ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

What about that Minny game week before last, and how they've played (and gotten smashed since) makes you think we wouldn't have a chance in a rematch against them?  I guarantee you that Minny wants no part of a 7-seed Skins team in the wild card round.

Playoffs are another level. Yeah, we almost beat them but I think they will be better than us in a playoff rematch. 

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Minny is a dome.  If Washington beat Minny, then you’d likely get a rematch with Philly.

Right now we don't know who would be playing who...but Philly, Giants, and Seahawks (and I guess us) are teams with the realistic possibility of weather being a real factor. If you consider the regular season games needed to even get TO the playoffs, then 3 of the remaining 6 games could have weather being a factor.

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Um...those two sentences don't really depend on one another. They don't have to win out (or even have a realistic chance of winning out) in order for the "paloffs" to be now. I remember back in 2005 when one of the WP sports writers said in an article that fans were delusional for thinking the team could win their last 5 games and make the playoffs. It was right around the time the original "Paloffs is Now" thread was started and we wondered if the thread played any role in that part of the article lol...

I Mis-typed.  They don’t need to win out was my pout.   They probably need 4 more wins out of 6.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I Mis-typed.  They don’t need to win out was my pout.   They probably need 4 more wins out of 6.  

Agree.  This game coming up I think they have to win to make it.  The two hardest games IMO are SF and Dallas.  Also its not easy to sweep the Giants, especially playing back to back but will see. 

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ah, gotcha 👍...

Someone should play this video in the locker room lol...(it should start at 6:28 but if not, just jump there)

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  This game coming up I think they have to win to make it.  The two hardest games IMO are SF and Dallas.  Also its not easy to sweep the Giants, especially playing back to back but will see. 

I think they need 2 of their next 3. 

Sweeping the Giants is harder than beating the Falcons and splitting with the Giants.  
(I’d like 3-3)