Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

In my opinion we need to get wins against Giants and Cleveland which could get us in the play-offs, I'm worried about Heinike against the number 1 rated defense of the 49r's. And hopefully the Cowpats will have already assured themselves of home advantage in the playoffs. 

9-7-1 would be a good season for us, especially with the QB play we've had for most of the season, whether we qualify for the play-offs or not.

HTTR 

14 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

In my opinion we need to get wins against Giants and Cleveland which could get us in the play-offs, I'm worried about Heinike against the number 1 rated defense of the 49r's. And hopefully the Cowpats will have already assured themselves of home advantage in the playoffs. 

9-7-1 would be a good season for us, especially with the QB play we've had for most of the season, whether we qualify for the play-offs or not.

HTTR 

Only way Cowboys get a home game is if they win the East. More likely they are locked into the 5 seed and know they will be traveling to play winner of NFC South. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Would hate if it came down to this but if losing to the Giants, would 3 in a row to end the season have a good likelihood of getting in?

Assume we would need the Seahawks to struggle or the Giants lose 3 in a row?

Ran some scenarios in the playoff predictor and think losing to the Giants gives us a decent but not probable shot to still get in. Even if we lose another game and finish 2-2. 

Lions would need to NOT go 5-0 plus one of the below happens.

Seattle goes 2-3 and possible considering they play SF, @KC, and NYJ. Not likely to lose but also play CAR and LAR.

OR

Giants lose every game except @WAS. Possible but they play PHI, @MIN, IND, and @PHI. 

1 hour ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Would hate if it came down to this but if losing to the Giants, would 3 in a row to end the season have a good likelihood of getting in?

Assume we would need the Seahawks to struggle or the Giants lose 3 in a row?

If we lose to the Giants and then win out, we would need both of these things to happen to get shut out of the playoffs:

Giants go 2-2 in their other four games (Philly 2; MN; Indy)

AND Seattle win four out of five (KC, Sea, Car, Jets, and Rams).

If the Seahawks do win four of five, they could end up winning the West.  Then SF would have to go 1-3 in their remaining games for us to leapfrog them.
None of the other teams have a shot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

Why are the Seahawks ahead of us shouldn’t our half game  beat there 7-5 record?

Because we played 13 games, they played 12 games. 7 wins in 12 games is a higher winning percentage than 7.5 wins in 13--have half a loss more than they do.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thumb up 1

Updated going into Week 14

Overall Record/Conference Record

1. Eagles (11-1/6-1):  @Giants, @Bears, @Boys, Saints, Giants

2. Vikings (10-2/6-2):  @Lions, Colts, Giants, @Packers, @Bears

3. 49ers (8-4/6-2): Bucs, @Seahawks,Commies,@Raiders,Cards

4. Bucs (6-6/6-2):  @49ers, Bengals @Cards, Panthers, @Falcons

5. Boys (9-3/7-3):  Texans, @Jags,Eagles,@Titans,@Commies

6. Giants (7-4-1/3-4-1):  Eagles, @Commies, @Vikings, Colts, @Eagles

7. Seahawks (7-5/5-4):  Panthers,49ers,@Chiefs,Jets,Rams

8. Commies  (7-5-1/4-4-1):  Giants, @49ers, Browns, Boys

9. Lions (5-7/4-4):  Vikings, @Jets, @Panthers, Bears, @Packers

10. Falcons. (5-8/4-5):   @Saints, @Ravens, Cards, Bucs

After this week.  The 6th and 7th Wild Cards are likely a battle among 3 teams: Us, NY and Seattle.  It is possible Seattle and San Fran switch since San Fran is down to their 3rd string rookie QB.   I listed Detroit but realistically they probably top out at 7 wins; so I don't see them as a factor.  Atlanta is only listed because they are just a game back from Tampa.

Man Seattle finishes the season with 4 home games and 1 road game?... NFL schedule seems wild this year. On another note I'm getting really pissed off I haven't been able to stay home and watch my commies here in Raleigh at all this year... The only games on TV here have been our thursday and monday games. They have been showing San Fran vs :LA and west coast teams the few weeks the Panthers haven't played in our slot. I think they are punishing Snyder. Basically my entire life we have been on TV here every week we haven't been in Panthers time slot. 

19 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Wife and I committed to it a while ago and I'd be murdered if I didn't go.

We're safe! rather not have to stay up on a Sunday night to watch the game, but better than Saturday. Also, I think Danny Dimes hasn't done so well in primetime.

7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Updated going into Week 14

Overall Record/Conference Record

1. Eagles (11-1/6-1):  @Giants, @Bears, @Boys, Saints, Giants

2. Vikings (10-2/6-2):  @Lions, Colts, Giants, @Packers, @Bears

3. 49ers (8-4/6-2): Bucs, @Seahawks,Commies,@Raiders,Cards

4. Bucs (6-6/6-2):  @49ers, Bengals @Cards, Panthers, @Falcons

5. Boys (9-3/7-3):  Texans, @Jags,Eagles,@Titans,@Commies

6. Giants (7-4-1/3-4-1):  Eagles, @Commies, @Vikings, Colts, @Eagles

7. Seahawks (7-5/5-4):  Panthers,49ers,@Chiefs,Jets,Rams

8. Commies  (7-5-1/4-4-1):  Giants, @49ers, Browns, Boys

9. Lions (5-7/4-4):  Vikings, @Jets, @Panthers, Bears, @Packers

10. Falcons. (5-8/4-5):   @Saints, @Ravens, Cards, Bucs

After this week.  The 6th and 7th Wild Cards are likely a battle among 3 teams: Us, NY and Seattle.  It is possible Seattle and San Fran switch since San Fran is down to their 3rd string rookie QB.   I listed Detroit but realistically they probably top out at 7 wins; so I don't see them as a factor.  Atlanta is only listed because they are just a game back from Tampa.

You haven’t been following the Lions then. They have been on fire the last few weeks since getting healthy. They scare me and they have a shot at winning out.

We need the Eagles to lock up the #1 seed so the Cowboys have nothing to play for in the final week. The Eagles would be likelier to play their starters longer than the Cowboys because they need to give their guys run with the week off the following week. I doubt that they want their first playoff game to happen after two weeks off (they lost to us after their bye)

The Cowboys, on the other hand, would want to give at least a number of their older guys some rest before going on the road to play the Bucs who they already lost to this year

• Like 1

The biggest game of season is the Giants game.  This team can possibly leapfrog the Seahawks and the Giants into the #5 seed with a win.  I don't see Seattle beating SF in week 15 at home.  They would've done it anyway had they won on Sunday, but they get another bite at the apple in two weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, method man said:

You haven’t been following the Lions then. They have been on fire the last few weeks since getting healthy. They scare me and they have a shot at winning out.

We need the Eagles to lock up the #1 seed so the Cowboys have nothing to play for in the final week. The Eagles would be likelier to play their starters longer than the Cowboys because they need to give their guys run with the week off the following week. I doubt that they want their first playoff game to happen after two weeks off (they lost to us after their bye)

The Cowboys, on the other hand, would want to give at least a number of their older guys some rest before going on the road to play the Bucs who they already lost to this year

Lions would have to beat Minny and @Green Bay to close season. Also the road game vs Jets.  I don’t see them winning all those.

Here is the bye week who to root for guide:

Something to note— I know it’s hard to accept, but the tie was really closer to a win for us than a loss. In many ways it’s almost the same. I’d also note that nothing TERRIBLE can happen this week. No matter what happens, if we beat Giants we would re-enter the “if playoffs started today” graphics. What could happen this week is the path over the final 4 weeks gets easier/harder. But nothing will “screw” us. 

The Giants game is going to be massive. There are certain scenarios where we lose to Giants and can still get in— as a matter of fact if we lost to Giants and then went 3-0, I think we WOULD get in. And if Seattle helped us we could potentially lose to Giants, win 2/3 and get in. But obviously, no one wants that. 

It’s really quite simple: Beat the Giants and our playoff odds are quite strong. Results of this week could make them even stronger and of course we will know by game time what has changed. 

Eagles over Giants: Very obvious reasons here. I guess in a bizarro world you could say an Eagles loss increases odds they’d need to beat Giants in week 18 to clinch, but obviously that is dumb rationale. If the Eagles win this week and then we beat Giants, it makes it darn near impossible for GMen to pass us. 

Vikings over Lions: Man, no one suffered more from the tie in our game than Detroit. Think about this— they held the tiebreaker with us and Giants. They lose tiebreaker to Seattle. What they needed was ONE of us to lose and get closer to catching that team. But by virtue of the tie, it means the Lions must PASS either us or Giants in standings— and same with Seahawks. Lions are hot, but they for sure need to go 4-1 to have a real shot and my guess is they likely need to go 5-0. Their schedule isn’t too tough, but it’s not easy either. If they lose this week you can basically realistically scratch them off. 

Bucs over 49ers: Not huge, but it’s a why not scenario. If the Niners lose they fall to 8-5 with Seattle up next. Let’s say Seattle wins and go to 8-5. Well, one of them gets a sixth loss next week. And if BOTH were to lose this week it becomes a very nice scenario for the teams chasing them. 

Panthers over Seahawks: I think this is the biggest one this week. If Panthers pull the upset (and I VERY much like their chances) then it really opens up some margin for error for us. If Seattle loses this week, it of course increases our odds of clinching a spot earlier if we beat Giants. But what it really does is really keep us alive even if we lose to Giants. If Seattle loses to Carolina, we lose to Giants, and then win 2/3 I’d say we are likely to finish ahead of Seattle. This game might the one that most drastically improves our odds during the bye. Go Darnold! 

Not even messing around with any of the south teams now— no chance the second place teams enters into WC consideration. I guess next week we can look at the Packers a bit once they are off their bye week. At 5-8, I guess you can begin considering outcomes where they win out, etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait, don’t the Seahawks currently have the 7 seed though?

Yes, but if the Giants lose they fall to 7-5-1, tied with us, and currently lose the tie breaker. So we pass them. Then the Giants could potentially pass the Seahawks if Seattle loses to Carolina— in that case we’d be the 6 seed. If Seattle wins, we’d be 7th. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Seahawks probably go up to 6 once they beat the Panthers

I love the Panthers this week. I absolutely think they can win that game.