Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well, MAGA voters are ****ing idiots so…

Having to put my mom (ok, stepmom since I was 13, but the most influential) into that category just crushes me.  She's so ****in' smart on every other level.  She recorded my dad's (Methodist minister) bible studies on The Revelation of John. 

I knew this (the anti-Christ that is Donald Trump) was coming.  Why didn't she?  SHE VOTED FOR HIM TWICE. 

I can't get around some of this stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

50 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

that woman in the front is about to jump on him, slide his diapers to the side and make babies. Wow! These people are absolutely nutso. 

if it was my kid, I’d yeet that baby so hard to get the germs off it. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

This gets to the whole other conversation which involved @PeterMP

its basically a cult. A large, vocal, proud, cult. 

while i imagine whatever cult deprogramming is, would work, the scale of this combined with how the cult leaders will keep beating the drums that attracted them in the first place… seems like an impossible task. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tshile said:

This gets to the whole other conversation which involved @PeterMP

its basically a cult. A large, vocal, proud, cult. 

while i imagine whatever cult deprogramming is, would work, the scale of this combined with how the cult leaders will keep beating the drums that attracted them in the first place… seems like an impossible task. 

I think it would help if we changed our vocabulary.  We've done it quite bit for drug addicts and many people that suffer from mental health problems.

People that become drug addicts or have issues with depression (and even attempt suicide) today aren't generally considered weak, stupid, or idiots.

I think if people would change their vocabulary in terms of how to they refer to (many) Trump supporters.

(I do think there are a set of people that aren't really supporting Trump but using him to make money.  Though, I don't think those people are weak, stupid, or idiots either.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 2:22 PM, tshile said:

And to be fair, I saw it going on the whole time like many others did, but never had an answer as to how to stop it. Petermp once wrote a long thoughtful post about how to get through to those people. I think he was spot on. Unfortunately it requires such a time investment, is still difficult to achieve, and hence not practical in the large scale. 

If you haven’t already, may I suggest you read “The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion” written by Jonathan Haidt, a professor of Psychology.

I found the book insightful, if not a tad naive in places, but is, I think, a good stepping off point for discussion between people with differing opinions about difficult subjects. 

I won’t even attempt a quick synopsis here, just to say that last week the wife and I took a short trip to see my father. We stopped for the night in Rocky Mount, NC, had dinner at the bar of a local establishment, where we met a gentleman who attended seminary, left the priesthood for family concerns, and espoused a right wing ideology. We chatted for a while without much agreement, but without malice.

Ran into him the following morning as we were leaving the hotel, heading to our destination, hugged, and wished each other well. In my mind, I credited the book for helping me think before I spoke. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The woman up front, tho...

Looking at the larger photo, I'm trying to figure out where the random arm is coming from that is next to her.  It looks like it's coming out of the neck of the woman in the pink hat.

Edited by Forehead
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Looking at the larger photo, I'm trying to figure out where the random arm is coming from that is next to her.  It looks like it's coming out of the neck of the woman in the pink hat.

It looks like the right arm of the lady holding the Thank Jesus for Trump sign. Looks weird because she, pink hat lady, and dude behind her are all wearing white t shirts. 

4 hours ago, Forehead said:

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

That happens a lot in AI-generated images lol...

Not sure what you are missing. It looks like a dudes arm that is reaching over the pink hat lady's left shoulder. 

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Not sure what you are missing. It looks like a dudes arm that is reaching over the pink hat lady's left shoulder. 

Sorry, we have to go over this like JFK footage now.

You have crazy pink lady and her baby up front.

Pink hat lady is next to her with her right arm extended.  You can clearly see her left arm hanging down at her side.  She has another left arm growing out of her neck.

You have a person in a white shirt behind her.  Their right arm/hand is resting on pink hat and appears to be scratching her non-existent beard for her.  That persons left arm appears to be in some sort of bicep flexing pose off to the right of the picture.  The mystery arm can't possibly be their's unless they are gumby and the arm is growing out of their groin.

Then you have glasses lady holding a sign with her left arm.  Unless she has two left arms, it isn't hers.

Then you have blue shirt with the photo.  THERE IS NO ACCOUNTING FOR THAT MYSTERY ARM!!!

Its a famous picture from Mobile Alabama in 2015.  It took 1 minute to find her real name and the lady said she was so excited laughing and yelling at her husband to take the picture because Trump said, "Thats a cute babie!".  She's a middle school guidance counselor.  Fairly certain she did not participate in J6.

In fact, nothing that indicated she was a Trump voter (likely based on being from Alabama). 

She said that going viral amused her, and there were probably a lot of positive comments, but she was sad by the comments about Mobile Alabama being a racist, ignorant, low IQ place.

AAAANNND WE'RE OFF!

Florida lawyer files legal challenge to disqualify Trump from 2024 presidential race

A lawyer from Palm Beach County has filed one of the first legal challenges to disqualify Donald Trump from the 2024 presidential race under a clause in the U.S. Constitution's 14th Amendment.

Boynton Beach tax attorney Lawrence Caplan filed the challenge in federal court in the Southern District of Florida citing the amendment's "disqualification clause" for those who engage in insurrections and rebellion against the United States. The amendment was ratified in 1868 after the Civil War, during Reconstruction, and also addressed the citizenship status of freed slaves and the re-integration of the defeated Confederate states back into the Union.

Applying the 14th Amendment's disqualification rule to Trump has been a rising talking point this month. Legal scholars, including from conservative corners, have advocated for it. And state elections officials have conceded they are having discussions about how they would respond if a challenge is lodged.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-lawyer-files-legal-challenge-173819518.html

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Or "we" could drop it.  :) 

No. 😁

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

Sorry, we have to go over this like JFK footage now.

You have crazy pink lady and her baby up front.

Pink hat lady is next to her with her right arm extended.  You can clearly see her left arm hanging down at her side.  She has another left arm growing out of her neck.

You have a person in a white shirt behind her.  Their right arm/hand is resting on pink hat and appears to be scratching her non-existent beard for her.  That persons left arm appears to be in some sort of bicep flexing pose off to the right of the picture.  The mystery arm can't possibly be their's unless they are gumby and the arm is growing out of their groin.

Then you have glasses lady holding a sign with her left arm.  Unless she has two left arms, it isn't hers.

Then you have blue shirt with the photo.  THERE IS NO ACCOUNTING FOR THAT MYSTERY ARM!!!

The lady with the pink Trump hat has arms from behind her coming over both of her shoulders. One is curled up near her right ear. The other is extending over her left shoulder in a shake my hand way. Both arms look male to me, but whatever. 

Her own right arm is extended and resting on the crazy baby lady's shoulder. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Been waiting for that to drop. 

Retired conservative federal judge J. Michael Luttig and liberal constitutional scholar Laurence Tribe on Aug. 19 wrote an article for The Atlantic in which they delineated reasons why the 14th Amendment disqualification should be applied to Trump.

Also this month, law professors William Baude of the University of Chicago and Michael Stokes Paulsen of the University of St. Thomas wrote a detailed 126-page report explaining why the 14th Amendment applies to Trump.

Intriguingly, both Baude and Paulsen are active members of the conservative Federalist Societythat has been a principal player in ushering forward conservative jurists across the United States, including on both the U.S. and Florida high courts.

no idea is this will prove successful. But it’s obvious there are people trying to do what they think is right. The GOP’s private internal civil war is about to get public and messy 

and entertaining 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

no idea is this will prove successful. But it’s obvious there are people trying to do what they think is right.

Yes.  But notably, only among people who have retired, and are therefore immune from needing the fascist vote any more.  

1 hour ago, tshile said:

The GOP’s private internal civil war is about to get public and messy 

and entertaining 

I hope so.  But, see above.  

• Like 1