Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

29 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Here’s a universal truth, Viv; you’re a goddamn moron. 

That's likely why he appeals to the morons that make up the Republican base at the moment.

Last nights debate was occasionally funny (from a stupid funny perspective), totally exhausting (way too much stupid in too small a time slot) and this morning I find it terribly depressing.  That this is the best one of the political parties in our system of government has to offer is just humiliating as an American.  Healthy opposing parties are a critical part of a thriving democracy.  We don't have that right now.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The "Ron DeSantis isn't a factor" coverage has been going on for months now and it's a bit old.

It's relevant. He wasn't worth attacking for the most part. When it was his turn to talk, he opted to go with his practiced talking points and ignore the current topic. I'm predisposed to put whatever he does now....."down". But if you are a GOP voter who went into that with an open mind. Who did he recruit? He said he'd put troops on the Southern Border. Only Ann Coulter types would fall for that now. What are they going to do? Just shoot into Mexico? Maybe do a Hands Across The Border and just stand there? Free Ron up to go after free Disney World Tix to Fire Fighters? 

Ron was totally flaccid.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

You might also remember that Shkreli bought the patent on a particular drug and increased the price by more than 5000%. Never mind legality, Shkreli is the poster child for being a Wall Street douchebag. Vivek is cut from the same cloth.

He also bought the only physical copy of the last Wu Tang album, so **** that guy. 

• Haha 2

Vivek is like the classic sales guy who has no idea what he's talking about, but says everything with total confidence and manic energy.  

It reminds me of whenever I watch one of my favorite movies, BOILER ROOM, I always think "one of these 30 year old idiot criminals should be the President of the United States."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I'm assuming that's because it's as fake as he is. I truly believe he detests humanity and good will and, if elected, would bring his brand of dictatorship that would rival the 3rd Reich.  

Hopefully,  we never find out. I feel like nobody outside the state of Florida gives a damn about DeSantis. 

HTTR!

That's what I think too about the rest of the country. The more he travels to primary states, the lower his numbers fall. 

Not that I believe the poll numbers especially about Trump even with Biden. I don't know who they are surveying but it's bogus.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

If he is the nominee his background in hedge funds and VC investment in pharma will be a huge target. He’s Martin Shkreli’s ‘twin’, he considered Shkreli “brilliant” and lambasted the DoJ for prosecuting Shkreli for securities fraud, actually saying it was a victimless crime.

You might also remember that Shkreli bought the patent on a particular drug and increased the price by more than 5000%. Never mind legality, Shkreli is the poster child for being a Wall Street douchebag. Vivek is cut from the same cloth.

Vivek has the same baggage as Romney. Making many, many millions in payouts when the companies he owned failed, investors lost, employees fired etc.

Will any of that be a turnoff for his target audience when he splices that with calls to end the FBI and his 9/11&1/6 truthbombs?

I watched the clip from CNN of the “real Americans” Iowa panel following last night’s production. The majority felt VR was the winner. People are so ****ing dumb.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

That's likely why he appeals to the morons that make up the Republican base at the moment.

Last nights debate was occasionally funny (from a stupid funny perspective), totally exhausting (way too much stupid in too small a time slot) and this morning I find it terribly depressing.  That this is the best one of the political parties in our system of government has to offer is just humiliating as an American.  Healthy opposing parties are a critical part of a thriving democracy.  We don't have that right now.

I don't disagree with any of this.  But two things come to mind.

1.  If someone these days says they're a Republican, do you automatically assume they're stupid?  I'm a bit guilty of it myself, I'm not accusing anyone of it.  In other words, the Republican party lines are what they are and none of these people really have any original ideas.  They know what their base wants to hear and they're all going to say it in various ways.  These dip****s just want to continue their careers as politicians, they know what they have to say and sell to stay there.   But it ties into my 2nd point:

2.  There's no upside to running for office for our best and brightest and therefore I'm assuming none of them want any part of it.  Imagine if there's a well balanced Republican out there who'd consider running for office.   What's the upside for that guy?  Assume that he's a successful lawyer, businessman, whatever...why do it?  You've got a ****tard like Vivek out there, do you really want to be seen in the same light as him?  Do you want to share a stage with fudge round packin' Chris Christie?  Do you want to drag your family through the scrutiny, do you want to have people at newspapers and newsrooms working around the clock to dig up dirt on you?

It's the same reason classy people wouldn't ever be found on Jerry Springer.  And I hate to make that comparison but I do believe that our political arena, at least on the Republican side, is just a few steps above that.  

I think we were well on our way in that direction before Trump took over...he just sped it up the inevitable demise.  

So, I do find it depressing to a certain degree but it just makes my decisions that much easier for me.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

43 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Will any of that be a turnoff for his target audience when he splices that with calls to end the FBI and his 9/11&1/6 truthbombs?

I watched the clip from CNN of the “real Americans” Iowa panel following last night’s production. The majority felt VR was the winner. People are so ****ing dumb.

I would think it would be easy to paint him as big pharma - and whether that means profiteering off the opioid crisis, or evil vaccines the MAGA crowd will hardly enjoy that.

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Corcaigh said:

I would think it would be easy to paint him as big pharma - and whether that means profiteering off the opioid crisis, or evil vaccines the MAGA crowd will hardly enjoy that.

I'm pretty sure all the MAGA crowd cares about is pwning the libs.  Opioid crisis is in the backseat when it comes to making sure a liberal doesn't become president.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Vivek is like the classic sales guy who has no idea what he's talking about, but says everything with total confidence and manic energy.  

It reminds me of whenever I watch one of my favorite movies, BOILER ROOM, I always think "one of these 30 year old idiot criminals should be the President of the United States."

There is a type of person, whether on Wall Street or a Tech Bro who makes unreasonably large amounts of money, and internally believes that’s because they are immeasurably smarter than everyone else, rather than luck playing a huge role. Being immeasurably smarter than the rest of us they have a confidence on their opinions on areas of which they have no actual knowledge.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm pretty sure all the MAGA crowd cares about is pwning the libs.  Opioid crisis is in the backseat when it comes to making sure a liberal doesn't become president.  

True. So what if my family members died needless deaths, “Let’s go Brandon!”

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

True. So what if my family members died needless deaths, “Let’s go Brandon!”

That's pretty much it.  And the opioid crisis started picking up steam when Obama was in the White House so it's all his fault, don't forget.  He allowed this to happen.

• Haha 1

Vivek made his money the old fashioned way. By originally scamming people to fund his biotech company that never produced anything other than making him rich. 

He then followed the same process a few more times before stumbling into a few viable useful drugs. 

Like all tech bros, Vivek talks a big game and claims more success for himself than he will ever deserve. He also shirks any blame for the people he scammed on his way to billions. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Vivek made his money the old fashioned way. By originally scamming people to fund his biotech company that never produced anything other than making him rich. 

He then followed the same process a few more times before stumbling into a few viable useful drugs. 

Like all tech bros, Vivek talks a big game and claims more success for himself than he will ever deserve. He also shirks any blame for the people he scammed on his way to billions. 

Where's all of this documented?  I'd like to read up on him further.  

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Where's all of this documented?  I'd like to read up on him further.  

I think I posted a link a few pages back...but here is a story from the NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/27/us/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-wealth.html

Here is the other Vivek info I posted last week.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

You will all be shocked to learn that last night's debate was rife with false statements. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/08/24/fact-checking-first-republican-primary-debate/

Fact-checking the first Republican primary debate

Fox News aired the first GOP debate of the 2024 election cycle from Milwaukee on Wednesday night, featuring eight candidates. Not every candidate uttered facts that are easily fact-checked, but following is a list of 10 suspicious claims. As is our practice, we do not award Pinocchios when we do a roundup of facts in debates. These claims are examined in the order in which they were uttered.

“We all need to understand Joe Biden’s Bidenomics has led to the loss of $10,000 of spending power for the average family.”

— Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.)

This seems wildly overstated. In April we had checked a claim by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) that families have lost the equivalent of $7,400 worth of income. We tracked down the source of that statistic — E.J. Antoni, a research fellow in regional economics with the Heritage Foundation’s Center for Data Analysis. As of last week, he’d revised his estimate down to $6,800.

But, more to the point, economists we contacted were dubious about the math, which relied on a change in purchasing power and a change in borrowing power. The change in borrowing power relied on mortgage rates — and not every family is looking for a new home. As for Antoni’s reliance on average weekly wages, this measure does not follow the same workers across time, and consequently the economists said it was an imperfect basis for families’ income changing over time.

Several economists pointed to another metric — real disposable personal income per capita — as a better gauge. That figure is produced by the Bureau of Economic Analysis at the Commerce Department.

Per capita income, after inflation, was $46,790 in December 2020 and $46,795 in June 2023 — an increase of $5. That’s basically flat — but a far cry from a $10,000 decline.

It goes on for 9 more lies or misleading statements, usually based on cherry picked statistics. 

• Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You will all be shocked to learn that last night's debate was rife with false statements. 

This is expected though. Democrats do the same thing when talking about Republican policies. 

both sides definitely throw around statistics that support their narrative while being intellectually dishonest (at best)

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

1.  If someone these days says they're a Republican, do you automatically assume they're stupid?

There are lots of smart republicans out there, that have good motives, and simply have a different opinion on the role of government or what is right/wrong etc. 

we just don’t really seem to hear from them anymore. 

if your only exposure to republicans is social media and news media, you’re not going to see them. That landscape is dominated by the people screaming about things and they’re stupid, hypocrites, etc. 

Really, bothsidesism? Biden, his administration, and the Democrats performance until the Fascists subverted the House into the ****show it is now has absolutely no resemblance to the past Fascist administrations of several decades. 

Democrats always have to fix our country after the Republican Fascists ruined it by giving our national treasure to the wealthy and corporations since Reagan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1