Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

I don't have much of an issue w/ a multi pronged approach. As much as I'd love to see this country rebuke trump in another election, they guy straight committed treason and has no business running for office in the first place.

So on top of being in jail, now republicans have to weigh the possibility of a future where he is totally disqualified in states, or in general. Just something else for them to consider in their no win situation.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yes.  But notably, only among people who have retired, and are therefore immune from needing the fascist vote any more.  

I hope so.  But, see above.  

I’ll just say this - I’ve been pointing out for a while that this movement against trump exists, it just hasn’t been public enough and so you all constantly argue with me that I’m wrong. And eventually more and more info comes out to support what I’ve been saying. 

i definitely understand many of you will not believe it until it’s publicly in front of your face in a way you can’t deny it. It is what it is. 

18 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't have much of an issue w/ a multi pronged approach. As much as I'd love to see this country rebuke trump in another election, they guy straight committed treason and has no business running for office in the first place.

I honestly do not understand this mentality. 

it was the mentality in the 2016 gop primaries and then the general. And he wound up being president. 

imo the goal is to stop him as early as possible and relying on him being trounced in the general seems super foolish. I’d like to see it too and I don’t understand how he could win either but I said the same in 2016 and look what’s happened…

(I understand you basically agree with me, just using your post to on the “I want to see him lose again” stuff)

Edited by tshile

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’ll just say this - I’ve been pointing out for a while that this movement against trump exists, it just hasn’t been public enough and so you all constantly argue with me that I’m wrong. And eventually more and more info comes out to support what I’ve been saying. 

i definitely understand many of you will not believe it until it’s publicly in front of your face in a way you can’t deny it. It is what it is. 

I know a few that loved him and voted for him and then regretted it. They’re still republicans and I can’t say how they’ll vote if he’s the nominee, but they left me with the impression that they would never vote for that asshat again.

There are good Republicans out there. I may disagree with their views. But at least I know they aren’t trying to overthrow the country. But that’s a small bar these days.

We need people who can legislate effectively and doesn’t have America continuously ****ting their pants on the daily about what is going on in that party,

However, if they continue to vote for this mess, I am left with the question of how good are they? It would seem they are part of the problem.

If someone like Trump or DeSantis is the nominee and they get close to being elected or are elected, it’s a pretty damming view of the Republican Party IMO.

What they had on stage the other night was a joke. A bunch of damn clowns in suits.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

she was sad by the comments about Mobile Alabama being a racist, ignorant, low IQ place.

Then maybe she should focus on helping the majority of white people in Alabama, for once in their ****ing existence, stop ****ing on education and also stop being racist as **** toward non-white people?

I dunno, just a thought that the easiest way to overcome being seen as racist and stupid is to stop being those things.

Edited by GhostofSparta
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

I honestly do not understand this mentality. 

There is value in letting him run and lose again. It probably leads to a greater amount of healing

There is value in him being prevented from running. It prevents the worse case scenario in the event of the unforseen, like Biden having health issues or something.

Just depends on what your looking for.

In the end I don't think it matters how we get there, each route has its merit, just that we get there.

I certainly won't be upset if he's disqualified. That would be a great day.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

There is value in letting him run and lose again. It probably leads to a greater amount of healing

Oh I see that. I have doubts but I see it. 

i have no confidence he’ll lose, much less lose by a lot. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 1:58 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

2 highly respected Constitutional law experts wrote a law review article arguing the Donald Trump is barred from serving as POTUS by the 14th Amendment. 

https://reason.com/volokh/2023/08/11/new-article-on-insurrection-rebellion-and-section-three-of-the-fourteenth-amendment/

And so it begins...

Florida lawyer files challenge to disqualify Trump from 2024 race, citing 14th Amendment

A Florida lawyer is challenging former President Trump’s ability to run for president in 2024 under the U.S. Constitution’s 14th Amendment, citing the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack.

Lawrence Caplan, a tax attorney in Palm Beach County, filed the challenge in federal court Thursday, pointing to a clause in the amendment that says those who “have engaged in insurrection or rebellion” against the government cannot hold office.

The challenge was first reported by The Palm Beach Post.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

‘They Lynched People!’ CNN’s Dana Bash Confronts Vivek Ramaswamy on Calling Black Lawmaker the ‘Modern KKK’ in Fiery Interview

CNN’s Dana Bash had a fiery battle with Vivek Ramaswamy — pressing the Republican presidential candidate for calling Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) one of the “modern grand wizards of the modern KKK.”

Ramaswamy spoke with Bash on Sunday’s edition of State of the Union — where he faced questions about the racially-motivated shooting that left three Black people dead in Jacksonville, Florida this weekend. The interview escalated when Bash turned to Ramaswamy’s recent event — at which he claimed Pressley spoke “the words of the modern grand wizards of the modern KKK” back in 2019 when she said, “We don’t want any more black faces that don’t want to be a black voice. We don’t want any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice.”

“You know, I’m sure, the KKK was responsible for more than a century worth of horrific lynchings, rapes, murders of black people,” Bash recounted. “How, in any way, are the views you’re talking about comparable to the views and atrocities committed by the KKK?”

“What I said is the grand wizards of the KKK would be proud of what they would hear her say,” Ramaswamy answered, “because there’s nothing more racist than saying that your skin color predicts something about the content of your viewpoints or your ideas.”

“You didn’t just say they would be proud,” Bash retorted. “You said these are the words of the modern grand wizards of the modern KKK.”

The clash went on as Bash continued to ask Ramaswamy “How on Earth is [Pressley] a modern grand wizard,” of an organization known for oppressing and committing violence against Black people.

“Let’s be intellectually honest,” Ramaswamy said, prefacing his retort. Bash, though, remained quite skeptical of the presidential candidate’s take.

“The whole thing about the KKK, it wasn’t just about rhetoric,” Bash said. “They lynched people! They raped people! They murdered people! They burned their homes…”

Click on the link for the full article and video

2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

:ols: their solution is so ****ing stupid since ~60% of mass shooters are dead on the scene.

But it absolutely would stop all the mass shootings that are committed by people who are on death row waiting for execution.  

4 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I don't even know what he is talking about. A re-vote?  In January?  Based on.... some law?

But I think an appropriate question to follow-up would be: "do you believe America doesn't have fair and free elections?"

No, there are no follow-up questions. It does not deserve that. 

• Thumb up 1

This just popped up in my YouTube feed:  

Basically, China and Mexico, the US's #1 and 2 customers for exported corn, are both making moves to end, or vastly reduce, their US purchases. 

And I thought. (Always dangerous.)

We've got a Presidential election ramping up. Which means Farmer Bob is about to take advantage of his hugely disproportionate impact on our nation. 

It means huge numbers of Republican wannabes, trying to push "Chinese devil" rhetoric. (For various reasons, including their fealty to Russia, because of the political help that they loudly deny receiving.)

Just - thinking about complexities. Strange bedfellows. Those things. 

On 8/26/2023 at 11:11 AM, Fergasun said:

Its a famous picture from Mobile Alabama in 2015.  It took 1 minute to find her real name and the lady said she was so excited laughing and yelling at her husband to take the picture because Trump said, "Thats a cute babie!".  She's a middle school guidance counselor.  Fairly certain she did not participate in J6.

In fact, nothing that indicated she was a Trump voter (likely based on being from Alabama). 

She said that going viral amused her, and there were probably a lot of positive comments, but she was sad by the comments about Mobile Alabama being a racist, ignorant, low IQ place.

I think you're the only one who cared who she really was lol...did she happen to mention anything about the third arm growing out of her neck?

• Haha 1