Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

24 minutes ago, tshile said:

There are lots of smart republicans out there, that have good motives, and simply have a different opinion on the role of government or what is right/wrong etc. 

we just don’t really seem to hear from them anymore. 

Do you also believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Loch Ness Monster? 🤭

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Do you also believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Loch Ness Monster? 🤭

It would be no surprise if the majority of the people here that engage in political discussions/threads have incredibly limited exposure to republicans such that they only see the stupid part of it. 

however, your personal lack of exposure to it does not make it nonexistent. 

Furthermore, I imagine for most, there would be no real value in seeking that out and having that exposure. The value comes from having high quality discussions with an open mind. Most people, I’d venture to guess, both here and in general public, don’t have an interest in honest debate and are not really willing to consider changing their mind. Most people seem to just want to virtue signal and argue. 

so limiting yourself to the stupidity that’s super easy to access via social media, cable news, and paying attention to the loud carnival barkers makes way more sense. And provides lots of entertainment. 

• Thumb down 2

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

It would be no surprise if the majority of the people here that engage in political discussions/threads have incredibly limited exposure to republicans such that they only see the stupid part of it. 

however, your personal lack of exposure to it does not make it nonexistent. 

Furthermore, I imagine for most, there would be no real value in seeking that out and having that exposure. The value comes from having high quality discussions with an open mind. Most people, I’d venture to guess, both here and in general public, don’t have an interest in honest debate and are not really willing to consider changing their mind. Most people seem to just want to virtue signal and argue. 

so limiting yourself to the stupidity that’s super easy to access via social media, cable news, and paying attention to the loud carnival barkers makes way more sense. And provides lots of entertainment. 

You must not have noticed that the John Birch Society was renamed the Republican Freedom Caucas.

7 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I've spent 33 years of my life in the South. I've been "exposed" to more "Republicans " than any sane human being should. 

So who are these "Good Republicans " and where have they been these past 50 years @tshile?

You gotta dig down into that freshwater wakeboarding scene.  That’s where the eloquent and refined GOP gentleman resides.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I've spent 33 years of my life in the South. I've been "exposed" to more "Republicans " than any sane human being should. 

So who are these "Good Republicans " and where have they been these past 50 years @tshile?

Yeah I’ve been exposed to tons of democrats/liberals that are also categorically stupid. Their intelligence seems to stop at reciting talking points and statistics they don’t understand. 

im not saying the stupidity doesn’t exist. In fact I’ve said it’s dominating the landscape. It’s the easy thing to access. We have multiple threads that are basically dedicated to being aggregators of stupid **** republicans say. 

but if you’re in a spot in life where you simply do not think these people exist, because you personally aren’t exposed to them… then my guess is you aren’t interested in high level debate with people that disagree with you, and going at it with an open mind to see if you learn something new or change your opinions. You’d rather just post memes and catchy one liners and take your information from headlines and maybe the occasional opening paragraph. 

and that’s fine. I guess. I mean it’s what most people seem to be (whether it’s intentional or not, or whether they’re even aware of it)

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

You gotta dig down into that freshwater wakeboarding scene.  That’s where the eloquent and refined GOP gentleman resides.

This is what I’m talking about. This is all he has to offer, ever. Trolling political threads on a football team forum

being intellectually dishonest and outright lying, while pretending you’re better than others despite showing no actual worth yourself, is a pretty standard way of operating for lots of people. 

get in where you fit in, right?

• Haha 1

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

@tshile I asked you to name these "good Republicans" you speak so fondly of not for some holier than thou both sides bull****. Whatever tho. 🙄

yeah you want me to export my list to csv? Does that work for you?

can I have a name and number you’ll be calling from so I can give them a heads up so they take the call?

the reality is you staked out a position that “yes, there does exist republicans that are smart, have good intentions, but have a fundamentally different view on the role of government” is incorrect and these people do not exist. 

it’s an utterly stupid position to take. Yet here you are 🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

the reality is you staked out a position that “yes, there does exist republicans that are smart, have good intentions, but have a fundamentally different view on the role of government” is incorrect and these people do not exist. 

All those years you spent voting for Republicans and you can't name one that was worth a damn. Sad. 🤣

1 hour ago, tshile said:

There are lots of smart republicans out there, that have good motives, and simply have a different opinion on the role of government or what is right/wrong etc. 

I'd agree that they have a different opinion of right and wrong.  

Could you please tell me what the "good motives" there are, for supporting, say, 

. . . A state government enacting legislation for the sole purpose of punishing a private corporation, because said corporation said something that Der Feuer didn't like?  

. . . A political Party deciding unanimously that the President of the United States personally asking the head of the foreign government for a campaign contribution, so he'll release the funds he's withholding from them, "isn't an impeachable offense"?  

. . . A political Party deciding that the path to power, in every single state in which they have power, is through intentionally suppressing the vote?  

What's the "good side" of the Republican Party, that makes making it illegal to teach schoolchildren that racism is bad, a price that "a smart Republican with good motives" is willing to vote for?  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'd agree that they have a different opinion of right and wrong.  

Could you please tell me what the "good motives" there are, for supporting, say, 

. . . A state government enacting legislation for the sole purpose of punishing a private corporation, because said corporation said something that Der Feuer didn't like?  

. . . A political Party deciding unanimously that the President of the United States personally asking the head of the foreign government for a campaign contribution, so he'll release the funds he's withholding from them, "isn't an impeachable offense"?  

. . . A political Party deciding that the path to power, in every single state in which they have power, is through intentionally suppressing the vote?  

What's the "good side" of the Republican Party, that makes making it illegal to teach schoolchildren that racism is bad, a price that "a smart Republican with good motives" is willing to vote for?  

well. It seems you didn’t understand what I said. 

I did not deny there is stupidity. And I didn’t say I support all their ideas. 

so you coming out with a list of things and demanding I explain how they’re not stupid (or not evil, or has good intentions) doesn’t work. That wasn’t my claim. 

we also were talking about “republicans”. Not the official Republican Party and it’s platform. 

The original question that I responded to was:

1.  If someone these days says they're a Republican, do you automatically assume they're stupid?”

I’m not sure where the requirement that they be a politician that is a member of the Republican Party comes from. 

36 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Suffice to say, if you are a Republican and support MAGA, then you are a ****ing moron. And if you don't, your party doesn't want you anymore. 

See now I wouldn’t take any issue with this. 

there are certainly still power brokers behind the scenes of the party that are smart, and do have good intentions. And they are or have worked to right the ship. But so far it seems to be a war that I can’t find a single battle they have won at the moment. 

Edited by tshile

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

How dare y'all judge my good republican friends by how they repeatedly vote for the ****tiest humans in our society to represent them. 🤣

IKR?  When I told my mom about the Mittens Dog Travel, she had no idea.  SHE'S A DOG OWNER AND STILL VOTED FOR HIM.

And my rant about the Access Hollywood thing did no good. 

There's nowhere to go with these people. 

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

this is the problem with people being allowed to publicly destroy faith in our institutions

these people have been allowed to believe that if someone disagrees with them, it’s only because they’re lying or rigging the system somehow. 

the time to stop this has passed and I agree we’re stuck with it now. 

And to be fair, I saw it going on the whole time like many others did, but never had an answer as to how to stop it. Petermp once wrote a long thoughtful post about how to get through to those people. I think he was spot on. Unfortunately it requires such a time investment, is still difficult to achieve, and hence not practical in the large scale. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

How dare y'all judge my good republican friends by how they repeatedly vote for the ****tiest humans in our society to represent them. 🤣

So now you know how these people you have no idea who they are, have voted?

I thought you said they didn’t exist?

I acknowledge your move here is to double down on your stupidity. Nothing I can do about it. 🤷‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

well. It seems you didn’t understand what I said. 

He said, and then proceeded to completely distort what I said.  

I'll try again.  

You've asserted that there are Republicans who have good intentions.  They just have "different opinions of right and wrong".  

My point is that if you have voted Republican, in the last 10 years, then you have stated that "Yep, I support those things happening".  

Maybe you don't support everything the GOP has done.  

But you are absolutely fine with it happening.  Because you knew, when you pulled that lever, that that was going to be the result of your action.  

So, my question is:  

This Republican with good intentions who voted for all of these things.  What was the "upside" that he saw, that made him willing to hand power to such obvious evil?  

• Thanks 2