Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Very true. The overwhelming majority of mass shooters expect--and even want--their actions to end in their death, even to the point that killing themselves is part of their plans.

And for those that don't I'm curious their thought process knowing they will be killed one way or the other if they try.

This isn't a defense of Pence, more so a clarification that I don't see this as something that will solve the problem but might help (even a little matters on context of damage caused by just one of them).

Edited by Renegade7

On 8/27/2023 at 11:02 AM, Cooked Crack said:

Mike Pence calling for expedited death penalty for mass shooters like the one in Jacksonville. Mike, this guy killed himself. Why would he care about the ****ing death penalty?

Perfect opportunity to follow up by asking if Dylan Roof should be executed. Is Nicki Haley too soft on crime?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Now that's a step in the right direction.  Truly let the people decide instead of these "politicians". Gives more meaning to for the people by the people.

HTTR!

It feels good here, not the perfect solution for everything though.  It can lead to populist policy that winds up being problematic.  See proposition 13 (among others) in California.  

Edited by The 12th Commandment

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

And for those that don't I'm curious their thought process knowing they will be killed one way or the other if they try.

This isn't a defense of Pence, more so a clarification that I don't see this as something that will solve the problem but might help (even a little matters on context of damage caused by just one of them).

My guess is that none of them ever look that far into the future...so the possibility of them being executed if they are caught and if they are found guilty in a courtroom 2 years down the road doesn't figure into their plans much. They tend to be solely focused on the here and now and finally getting to put their plans into action. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

My guess is that none of them ever look that far into the future...so the possibility of them being executed if they are caught and if they are found guilty in a courtroom 2 years down the road doesn't figure into their plans much. They tend to be solely focused on the here and now and finally getting to put their plans into action. 

That's an assumption, honestly, in context of how many have surrendered and let their lawyers fight to avoid the death penalty for them (Dylaan Roof comes to mind).

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's an assumption, honestly, in context of how many have surrendered and let their lawyers fight to avoid the death penalty for them (Dylaan Roof comes to mind).

Not really an assumption as there have been numerous studies and investigations into the mental states and thinking patterns of mass shooters (and serial killers and rapists, etc).

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Lol @ citizen led independent commission 😂 

Did you read how it would work or did you just react to reading that phrase?

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Not really an assumption as there have been numerous studies and investigations into the mental states and thinking patterns of mass shooters (and serial killers and rapists, etc).

As their are numerous instances of the opposite.

I don't like the idea of talking ourselves out of something that could help because it won't completely solve the problem.

Hell, if we just settle on mass murderers should be executed this conversation would be moot while we look for additional methods to address the mass murder issue (we're getting off-topic here, but open to continuing this conversation elsewhere if you want)

In 2020 😂 😂 

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Did you read how it would work or did you just react to reading that phrase?

im sorry you’re right

dont let me get in the way of celebrating how Ohio is going to fix our districting issue

with its citizens. 

😂 😆 

11 hours ago, tshile said:

In 2020 😂 😂 

im sorry you’re right

dont let me get in the way of celebrating how Ohio is going to fix our districting issue

with its citizens. 

😂 😆 

My initial reaction is seeing Founding Fathers smacking their foreheads somewhere...

But I need to make time and compare this to the three ring circus VA does now (that I voted yes on if any reason cause I felt it was better then what we were doing even if weirdly complicated).

I, too, have reservations about Ohio itself policing gerrymandering and just wish we could send a request to MIT or something to help math this **** once and for all (even the best of us can't pretend to be completely unbiased)

Edited by Renegade7

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

As their are numerous instances of the opposite.

I don't like the idea of talking ourselves out of something that could help because it won't completely solve the problem.

Hell, if we just settle on mass murderers should be executed this conversation would be moot while we look for additional methods to address the mass murder issue (we're getting off-topic here, but open to continuing this conversation elsewhere if you want)

Define "numerous"...Define "could help" while you're at it lol...

In public discourse about violent crime, there's a pattern of either minimizing any understanding of the criminal mindset from the discussion, or eliminating it completely (not saying that's you, btw). It's why, for example, people think the way a woman dresses plays a role in whether or not she gets raped...because those people don't understand the mindset and thinking of a rapist. So, while there may be the insanely rare instance where a woman's attire played some peripheral role in the assault against her, we waste time and energy focusing on it as one of the ways to help reduce its occurrence. Same thing here.

Not to mention...it would be incredibly difficult to prove expediting executions of mass shooters "helped" stop any mass shooting attempts. I mean, hell, immediate executions of mass shooters by the police (or in some rare occasions by those at the scene of the shooting) doesn't seem to stop anyone intent on committing a mass shooting, does it?

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

In 2020 😂 😂 

im sorry you’re right

with its citizens. 

😂 😆 

So you did not read it and just reacted from reading that phrase. Gotcha...👍

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I, too, have reservations about Ohio itself policing gerrymandering and just wish we could send a request to MIT or something to help math this **** once and for all (even the best of us can't pretend to be completely unbiased)

At some point, somewhere, decisions have to be made about what’s more important. What over rules what. Things collide. 

the notion of an unbiased person making maps is hilarious because the requirement of bias is sort of baked into the problem. 

it’s a question of least worst situation. Unsurprisingly, different people have different opinions about what should overrule what. (Obviously we also have people intentionally screwing thinks up)

but everyone also views their preference as what is “fair” and anyone that disagrees as being “biased”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

At some point, somewhere, decisions have to be made about what’s more important. What over rules what. Things collide. 

the notion of an unbiased person making maps is hilarious because the requirement of bias is sort of baked into the problem. 

it’s a question of least worst situation. Unsurprisingly, different people have different opinions about what should overrule what. (Obviously we also have people intentionally screwing thinks up)

but everyone also views their preference as what is “fair” and anyone that disagrees as being “biased”

Very true, and this is shockingly similar to what VA is doing as well.  It speaks to how hard it is to be "fair" here and need for throwing "neutral" parties in the blender with folks that we know what they think to try to get something "balanced".

It just feels inevitable the new generation of AI gets a crack at at least helping with this problem (tracing back to who's providing the prompt and near impossibility of being a true neutral party).