Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Whatever left in the sale process probably revolves around Bezos?

Everyone knows, including the bidders, that Bezos could enter the process and can outbid anyone.

Harris’s bid is likely it and the Canadian is shoring up his bid. So really all that’s left is what Bezos does. 

The first question does Jeff even bid. His people are looking at but they could recommend against buying or Jeff could come to that conclusion.

Despite the valuation of 5.6 billion by Forbes I think; the reality is the franchise is a distressed asset that probably isn’t even worth 5 billion. So, whoever gets the team knows they are overpaying.

So does Jeff really want this team and puts in a winning bid? Or he waits for Seattle or some other team going on sale?

I think if Jeff bids he probably only bids slightly over 6 billion, say 6.1 or 6.2 billion. Just enough to be over the other guys but not a penny over.

Dan’s the wild card; so knows when this happens and to whom.  

• Thumb up 1

Recent buzz also ties back to the Sean Peyton stuff.

One or more of these perspective ownership group seems pretty dead set on splashing and making waves and are setting up actions b4 they even acquire the team. Some groups clearly value getting out the gates quick, fast and in a hurry, but we still don't know who's who in regards to the specifics.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Recent buzz also ties back to the Sean Peyton stuff.

One or more of these perspective ownership group seems pretty dead set on splashing and making waves and are setting up actions b4 they even acquire the team. Some groups clearly value getting out the gates quick, fast and in a hurry, but we still don't know who's who in regards to the specifics.

At this stage, there’s not much an owner can do to make a splash. The new owner likely approved after the draft; so making a draft splash is out.

Fire Ron, but you won’t be able to get anyone this late. So, they’d have promote Eric or Jack but that isn’t splashy.

The only splash a new owner can make for 2023; give Lamar a fully guaranteed contract and structure it so Ravens won’t match it.

11 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

@FootballZombie If I was guessing I'd say that an aggressive over the top carnival barker type like Fertita would be the most likely to put the cart before the horse and solicit Sean Payton before he had a deal in principle.

I don't think Bezos or Harris would make that kind of blunder but I could certainly be wrong.

It could be that Applesauce guy from Canada too.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, UK Skins said:

I agree we need to get rid of Commanders but if it's Red wolves then I'm out. Hate it more than even Commanders. Pathetic attempt to pretend we are still the Redskins

I'll never understand this mentality especially from someone an ocean away.

The locals I can see it, they have the "home team" to cling to but those of us that aren't or never were local our history is all we have.

If i wanted a completely fresh start with no association to our past whatsoever that'd be just about as easy it gets, I'd just be a chiefs fan, voila instant fan of a contender. 

But it's not that easy for me or for thousands of others, we need something from the past to tie us to our future otherwise it's just another bandwagon.

It's not pathetic at all to want our name to at least remind us of what we've loved all our lives.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Keim, not much, but he focused on Bezos

A.  Leaks have an agenda (as we all know).  No one knows all that's going on.

B.  As for Bezos he knows that the Snyders genuinely have some ill feelings about him but money often overrides that stuff

C.  He knows that around late February the Bezos team felt they were blocked out of the process.

D.  Considering the Bezos team felt blocked out in late February -- he implied not sure why there is optimism about Bezos and Dan having a conversation in December (the story published a few days ago) considering months later the Bezos team felt the way they did.

E.  Bezos though still looms around the process since he hasn't ruled out bidding on the team and the other potential buyers are aware of that dynamic

In short, he doesn't seem to have a feel for what Bezos will do.  But he seemed to be smoking out (Perez did too to a more mild extent) that Dan never had issues with Bezos as BS, that's not been the dynamic the whole time.  He puts no stock in the Dan-Bezos talking in December considering the timeline of what preceded that.  But until Bezos says he's out we can't assume he's out.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

It's not pathetic at all to want our name to at least remind us of what we've loved all our lives.

I'm on the same page even an ocean away from you guys ;) I'm advocating for an augean stables clean sweep including the name, nothing must remain from the danny boy regime.

Keep the colors, change the name to warthogs, red wolves (like the fangs not the howling) or any other that will please most of the fan base.

pn0zxx06m4b51.jpgEzG1QDgWUAMQnl9?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

B.  As for Bezos he knows that the Snyders genuinely have some ill feelings about him but money often overrides that stuff

C.  He knows that around late February the Bezos team felt they were blocked out of the process.

D.  Considering the Bezos team felt blocked out in late February -- he implied not sure why there is optimism about Bezos and Dan talking in December (the story published a few days ago) considering months later the Bezos team felt the way they did.

E.  Bezos though still looms around the process since he hasn't ruled out bidding on the team and the other potential buyers are aware of that dynamic

In short, he doesn't seem to have a feel for what Bezos will do.  But he seemed to be smoking out (Perez did too to a more mild extent) that Dan never had issues with Bezos as BS, that's not being the dynamic the whole time.  He puts no stock in the Dan-Bezos talking in December considering the timeline of what preceded that.  But until Bezos says he's out we can't assume he's out.

Good post.

The fact that Bezos met with Dan in December prior to feeling iced out in February is huge news.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

10 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Again this ends with Bezos buying the team and you bowing down for your egregious misunderstanding of how this will play out. The only thing embarrassing are your takes in this thread. Unfortunately the thread will probably be closed once the new owner is named. It will seemingly allow you to save the embarrassment you would otherwise face for months, but we will always know. Your shame will never be erased. 

This is Conn’s battle, but I am curious what takes you are referring to.  Historically, you manufacture takes for your opposition.  I’ve not seen Conn, or really anyone, speak in any sort of absolutes about whether Bezos will purchase this team or that they’d be upset if he does.

All I see is folks calling out what a flip flopping, goal post moving, maniac you are about all this.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2

Sheehan just now doubling down its happening sooner than later, he mentioned in spite of Perez's report, he expects it done before the draft.  Similar point to Bram. Obviously people are telling them that, and yes, they might be wrong.  But I think some here at least might be curious so I'll share.

So don't kill the messenger.  :ols:  It actually feels a bit apt that I get ripped for throwing an optimistic take about the speed of Dan's demise.  I among others were ripped for being naive and not understanding how the real world works, when we touted last summer that we might be rid of that douche sooner than later versus being stuck with him for life.   So now its another rodeo of that in a different form, much miider version of it though -- so maybe the pushback is actually good luck, so let the rips come that no one knows anything more than we do here. :D  

The irony for this part of the stroy is I actually defended Perez here on and off for months.  He's not been perfect on all his reports but he did get some stories right and ahead of everyone.  But i don't think anyone is the definitive word on this.   But I also don't think everyone is wrong about everything either.  Sheehan actually disputed Schefter's report about the 6 billion bid, he actually backed Perez on it.  And Sheehan's take was basically confirmed by someone close to the Harris bid among others.  So I wouldn't say we know just as much as Sheehan, that's silly IMO.  When someone on the board successfully refutes a Schefter report, I'll start listening and agree that they know as much as Sheehan or Keim or anyone covering this. 

But I do agree as Keim said we will never have the full picture, no one does.  And the end timeline is predicated by Dan.  So its just nuggets and rumors, and heck yes some of them have been proven correct in the process.   But yeah count me among the people here who is curious about what the buzz in that building is as to the timeline even if its not gospel -- or in Sheehan's case am guessing some of that is the vibe from one of the bidders.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Draft is in three weeks. Don't see it happening before that.

Doesn’t seem as if anything “real football” in terms of the event calendar is anchored to any of this, so idk that there’s a way to use something like the draft as a frame of reference.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

Doesn’t seem as if anything “real football” in terms of the event calendar is anchored to any of this, so idk that there’s a way to use something like the draft as a frame of reference.

Thats the issue here there is no real single specific event which drives the timeline on getting this deal done. Dan believing he is getting the best price he can and deciding to get it done is what drives this I think. If I was Harris and I wanted ti get this done I would be trying ti create urgency by putting some deadline on accepting my offer or withdrawing it. Harris is no fool and does not need my advice so I would imagine he is not just sitting on his hands waiting to see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Draft is in three weeks. Don't see it happening before that.

My gut (and nothing other than that) tells me it will actually happen before the draft.  

the why:

1: because there is only so long it makes sense to wait.  Eventually, waiting makes no more sense.  the bids are what they are and you have to make a decision. 

2: submitted bids are not evergreen.  They have some type of expiration.  Generally 30-45 days.  So after a certain period, the Harris bid expires.  Timing on that is iffy because we don’t know when the bid was submitted or the terms.  But my guess is after another 3 weeks, we’re probably really close to that timeframe. 

So I think Bram and Kevin might end up being right.  But not because I believe what they are reporting or what they are hearing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

D.  Considering the Bezos team felt blocked out in late February -- he implied not sure why there is optimism about Bezos and Dan having a conversation in December (the story published a few days ago) considering months later the Bezos team felt the way they did.

In short, he doesn't seem to have a feel for what Bezos will do.  But he seemed to be smoking out (Perez did too to a more mild extent) that Dan never had issues with Bezos as BS, that's not been the dynamic the whole time.  He puts no stock in the Dan-Bezos talking in December considering the timeline of what preceded that.  But until Bezos says he's out we can't assume he's out.

If Dan talked to Jeff in December,  why would Jeff feel blocked in February? Or did Dan tell Jeff, I am looking at other bidders but will let you know if I'm gettingthe bids I want. You can then bid, if you want?

11 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Dan talked to Jeff in December,  why would Jeff feel blocked in February? Or did Dan tell Jeff, I am looking at other bidders but will let you know if I'm gettingthe bids I want. You can then bid, if you want?

As Keim said we have no idea what they talked about and how the conversation went which mean heck it might not have been the best conversation just because a conversation was had.  But in late February when I gather Keim checked in on this, the Bezos camp felt that a Bezos bid was unwelcome at the time.  Clearly, Bezo's employees at the WP felt the same, since they wrote that same story multiple times.

Even Perez who was the most steadfast that Bezos has a chance referenced in a recent tweet a shift in attitude from Dan.

If I had guess I'd say Dan at best was giving mixed messages until recently when he amped up a message to come from his guy from Fox Business New, I am really really really not mad, please please, please bid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is Conn’s battle, but I am curious what takes you are referring to.  Historically, you manufacture takes for your opposition.  I’ve not seen Conn, or really anyone, speak in any sort of absolutes about whether Bezos will purchase this team or that they’d be upset if he does.

All I see is folks calling out what a flip flopping, goal post moving, maniac you are about all this.

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I get the impression that Dan thought Billionaires would be tripping over themselves to outbid each other. His own little fantasy of watching the auction price go up by an extra 200 million every hour or so. And in his fantasy, he envisioned being able to stick his tongue out at Bezos while making him regret ever purchasing the WaPo. Then when the auctioneers gavel finally slammed at a price north of $8B or so, sailing away thinking how he had shown the world what a successful businessman he really was. 

But then, after reality set in......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1