Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listened to the Sportico guy who broke the story just now on 106.7, said 99.9% chance its a done deal, lawyers on both sides are basically poring over the agreement right now 

Athletic below

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 2.23.33 PM.png

One sad moment - in talking to my 28 year old son earlier today- this is his greatest moment as a Washington fan.  

While I am extremely happy right now, I feel so badly for fans like my son who have never experienced moments like the Riggo run against the Dolphins, the 2Q against the Broncos, Gouviea INT against the Bills, etc. wtc. 

Without Snyder messing up the works, I am hoping fans like my son will finally be able to have the experience of rooting for a football team that is relevant and always a threat to reach the Super Bowl.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Right Mr Harris and Co, Congratulations on buying our once proud franchise. 

I'm just asking for 2 changes when you take charge. 

1. Change our name to Redwolves 

2. Please change them Awful White Jersey's(or at least put more Burgundy in the sleeves).

• Like 3

On 4/7/2023 at 2:03 PM, Chris 44 said:

I would also like to make a request. I will have limited internet access next week until late Friday, If an announcement is made before then please refrain from posting links and commenting about it until Friday eve at the earliest. Thanks

I knew if something good happened none of you would be able to keep it to yourself! At least I found some access!

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Right Mr Harris and Co, Congratulations on buying our once proud franchise. 

I'm just asking for 2 changes when you take charge. 

1. Change our name to Redwolves 

2. Please change them Awful White Jersey's(or at least put more Burgundy in the sleeves).

I meant Gold in the Jersey's. 

I'm still in shock, part of me is, at least. I never thought we'd have another owner than Dan. I remember with Bruce was fired, I didn't care, because Dan was the issue, Bruce was a symptom. I was pretty much done. Watched a couple games, mostly because of Heinekie really. but I was basically done. Came by here a couple times in the last couple of years, but that was it.

Now?

The impossible has happened.

Not only that, but after looking at this group, I"m actually really impressed. I was never a fan of the Bezos possibility. Does he have a truckload of cash? Sure.

Would he be a soul-sucking person that would do nothing to actually help the franchise? My guess is yes. Amazon is exactly that to it's employees, and I'd expect nothing less as an owner. Which to me more than cancels out the fact that he has more money than anyone else.

I feel like I have not in almost 25 years. That there is real hope for this franchise.

Finally.

Edited by Morneblade
  • Like 6

Magic Johnson in the mix looks pretty popular going forward, at least to Bob Kraft and likely more in the NFL. I am absolutely thrilled with what I know of the new ownership group.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/magic-johnson-adds-intrigue-in-expected-sale-of-washington-commanders/ar-AA19tsbg

>>If Earvin “Magic” Johnson succeeds as part of a Josh Harris-led group trying to buy the Washington Commanders, the NBA legend would come with a huge ally for navigating NFL circles: Robert Kraft.

“I love Magic,” Kraft, the New England Patriots owner, told USA TODAY Sports last week during the NFL annual league meeting in Phoenix. “I’m a big fan of his. I have a lot of respect for him, and I think he adds value wherever he goes. He’s been a great leader and someone who has dealt with difficult situations and come out with a smile...”

In any event, having Johnson in the mix for what should set a record for the sale of a U.S. sports franchise undoubtedly adds buzz. Johnson was also part of the Harris-led group that last year bid for the Denver Broncos, with the team eventually being sold to a group headed by Walmart heir Rob Walton for a record $4.65 billion.

“We hope that we win,” Johnson said on "Today." “We don’t know what’s going to happen. We’ll see what happens with Mr. Snyder making that decision. But we’re excited about it.”

Kraft said that he has “a very good relationship” with Johnson, dating back to the 2000s.

“We got an award together at Babson College, Entrepreneurs of the Year,” Kraft said. “We both got that award the same year. So, we were on the cover of their magazine and have been really friendly since then. I think that was about 15 years ago.”

Kraft, one of the NFL’s most powerful owners, said he would be eager to be a resource for Johnson in a league environment. Over the years, Johnson bought ownership stakes in the franchise that he won five NBA titles with in the Los Angeles Lakers, the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks, Major League Baseball’s Los Angeles Dodgers and Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles FC. He also explored a minority stake in the Las Vegas Raiders.

“I like the way he’s handled himself,” Kraft said. “I like the fact that he is an image for young people to try to follow. He’s a good role model. What he’s done (in business), I have respect for. He’s someone I’m very fond of.”

During his interview on "Today," Johnson touched on his motivation and vision, while also recognizing the cultural significance of potentially becoming part of the Commanders ownership group.

“I’ve got a ring in every sport, but I need a Super Bowl ring,” Johnson said. “And I would love to be (part-)owner of the Commanders to not only do the great work on the field, but the work we could do with the city. I think if they bless us – Mr. Snyder blesses us – with the opportunity to be an owner, it would be an emotional day for me. My father just died, so it would be a great moment for the Johnson family as well as Josh Harris, who is the lead partner in this, to take that franchise and take it to another level. So, I’m kind of excited about it. And another African-American owner.”

Kraft acknowledged that Johnson would embody a statement in a league where roughly 70% of the players are Black but has never had a Black majority owner and is criticized immensely for its track record for hiring Black head coaches. Yet Kraft also points to Johnson’s value on another level.

“I think he brings something special to the table,” Kraft replied, when asked about Johnson and the lack of minority owners in the NFL. “He’s also a great sports legend and understands things about managing a sports franchise that the average limited partner wouldn’t understand. So, I think he truly brings value.”

Whether Johnson’s group brings enough value to seal a deal with Snyder remains to be seen, but there’s no disputing that the Magic factor offers the prospect of marquee impact.<<

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, pghvlaans said:

Jeez, what an idiot. Yes, six billion. Congratulations. Now let's see how much of that money Dan will keep in light of British taxes and (probably) alimony, not to mention his already-existing debt. Remind me again, how exactly does Dan make money in ways that don't involve a football team?

Now he makes it by putting several billion dollars in the hands of investment managers. Even with a conservative strategy and safe assumptions on returns you can get circa $30M per annum income on every $1B you have invested. Snyder can probably end up here with almost $100M a year of passive income without having to lift a finger the rest of his life.

He wont have to pay a cent of tax in Britain either unless his tax lawyer is a complete idiot.  

• Like 1

Josh Harris has been the only legitimate contender for the Washington Commanders for weeks — but a deal isn’t quite there yet. 

Despite multiple reports, a source with knowledge of the process told Front Office Sports on Thursday that Harris and Commanders owner Dan Snyder were only “nearing” an agreement: “It’s not final yet.”

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and Houston Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta are no longer options, and since no other bidder with the means to purchase the team has materialized, Harris has been Snyder’s only viable choice

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Watch this **** go up a few hundo thou (Thats how us rich people say "The price will increase") 

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

In some threads that’s a threat! In this one it’s joyous 

Everything is a threat until the little **** is gone for good, honestly lol 

Can’t believe this day has finally come, and on my brother’s birthday of all days. He’s a lifetime skins fan that barely remembers the last Super Bowl win, and has had a lifetime of misery! 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1