Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, TK said:

You know there was once a CSN beat reporter that complained about the Press Box serving hot dogs & popcorn. Word got back to Dan about it & he had her access removed to the point she was transferred to the Houston market. Last I heard she was selling real estate in San Fran.

I'll say this though, I'd rank FedEx last in the Division as far as press box spreads go. Philly/NY breakfast is almost tied. Maybe a slight edge to Philly for the omelet station. Dallas at Thanksgiving is AMAZING. Plus they tap a keg at the end of the 3rd Quarter. 

Kelly whatsherface, right? Milfy Blonde

• Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

Where's all the "All he wants to do is win" guys at?

Mostly extinct. I think Steve Irwin’s kid is currently filming a doc for Netflix where he observes them in their natural habitat (which is mostly Facebook. Really low budget doc). 

• Haha 8

She looks better now than she used to, plus she is selling homes that go for a million or more. She’s probably doing quite alright for herself.

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn't post an entire article on any of the Bezos stuff, not even close..

I don't for anything else.  The one exception is for the Dan WP stuff because I've gathered people want all the details.  No one has ripped me for it, but if it bothers some people here, i'll stop, that's the only topic i ever do it for. 

Even if it bothers “some” people here, please don’t stop, especially with the WP. Im from out of town and I do not see the benefit for me to pay for a newspaper solely for football articles. I appreciate all your posts! Thank you!

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I am back and forth on Bezos. I still don’t consider him a DC guy and can’t imagine how I would feel if he was the one who got the Lombardi. 

I know some folks now who have worked directly with him, his reputation is well earned. The story I specifically remember is how the Amazon legal counsel gave him a draft memo and his only comment was a giant ? mark on it. 

The org would be an efficient machine looking to exploit whatever little advantage it could, but I am not sure if he would spend th me way Paul Allen did after acquiring the Seahawks 

7 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I am back and forth on Bezos. I still don’t consider him a DC guy and can’t imagine how I would feel if he was the one who got the Lombardi. 

I know some folks now who have worked directly with him, his reputation is well earned. The story I specifically remember is how the Amazon legal counsel gave him a draft memo and his only comment was a giant ? mark on it. 

The org would be an efficient machine looking to exploit whatever little advantage it could, but I am not sure if he would spend th me way Paul Allen did after acquiring the Seahawks 

How was Jack Kent Cooke a DC guy when he won his first Super Bowl? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

JKC was some old grumpy crazy prick from Canada and got us some Lombardi's.

Contrast that with a "D.C. guy" like Snyder who is still using the "state of the art" facilities built by the aforementioned prick 40 years ago.

I'm personally willing to take my chances with Bezos. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, TK said:

You know there was once a CSN beat reporter that complained about the Press Box serving hot dogs & popcorn. Word got back to Dan about it & he had her access removed to the point she was transferred to the Houston market. Last I heard she was selling real estate in San Fran.

I'll say this though, I'd rank FedEx last in the Division as far as press box spreads go. Philly/NY breakfast is almost tied. Maybe a slight edge to Philly for the omelet station. Dallas at Thanksgiving is AMAZING. Plus they tap a keg at the end of the 3rd Quarter. 

The spreads at Philly are iconic. Washington is the worst press box experience I’ve been in, but being totally honest… free hot dogs are free hot dogs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Fair point, but JKC had  flair and old man Canadian class. His vocabulary and command of the English language gave you pride in being a fan of the team. 

This. The Squire was one coooool Moe Foe. Unlike Farquaad, and quite frankly the vast majority of the other owners today, he was a hoot in interviews.

5 hours ago, TK said:

That's no way, I remember being at MetLife one time and they're like "Yeah you're not on the list" and I'm like, "Yeah but I'm here" and they're like, "Okay just sit somewhere where nobody's sitting" and I was like "Middle school, got it"

And those were some of the best times I've ever had, ever.  And I'll take the spread at NYG because that's where we saw OBJ lose a fight to the kicking net. So the food was way better for a spit take.

• Haha 2

Going by the Broncos sale time-line. Announced February 2nd, voted and approved August 19th. That's 6.5 months. Knowing now that it usually takes up to 60 days once turned into the Finance Committee until the Owners fly in to vote on it. For this team, announced November 2nd (add 6.5 months) would put us at mid May for the owners to sign. Subtract 60 days for it to be vetted by the finance committee puts us at mid March for a winning bid to be agreed on. Was hoping we could beat the Broncos time-line but it betel not drag on past this summer.