Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bezos in theory would be great, my one concern is he has a reputation of being cheap but hopefully that trait doesn't apply to this.

One reporter who covered Harris flat out said, he likes to go high end as far as treating players including the best facilities.

So on one hand we got a potential owner that would be the richest sports owner in the world but a little bit of a wildcard as how he'd act as an owner but intriguing.   Then we got another possibility with a dude with nowhere near Bezos' money but proven to be classy as to how to run a franchise.

I'd be cool with either one.

This. Just because Bezos has unlimited money doesn’t mean he’s going to go first class on every detail. And for some reason some of the posters here think Josh Harris won’t have a penny left to his name for any of this after the sale is completed. Harris is a billionaire as well. He has plenty of money, and to me he’s the one who is actually more likely to make everything first class because he has a track record of doing so. I’m also cool with either one.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It really does make me think back to when Sheehan referred to this as an expansion team. Snyder has hollowed out everything valuable about the organization. Now, there's clearly value to all the land he owns and, as you mentioned, the rarity of an NFL franchise in Washington, DC. But, he destroyed the brand, destroyed the popularity, let the stadium decay, let the training facility become completely outdated, and has let the organization become a bottom-tier operation.

I don't do this for a living, but I've been a part of companies that have been acquired and been on the acquiring side, so I understand the concept of multipliers. I would have to imagine, unless there are variables that we don't know about, the multiplier on the Commanders right about now is not very high. 

The main issue being that an expansion team has a plot of land to work with. We currently have a short term window where not a lot can be done to upgrade or fix 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We trash Mara and for good reason but he treats players well apparently

If people haven't yet figured out that we're the bad guys, I don't know what to tell you. We are the antagonists. We are the villains.

Dan Snyder is Dr. Evil and we're the random henchmen that get mowed down again and again and again.

We are literally the Commies. Snyder is Stalin and we are the pathetic saps who get thrown into the meat grinder in waves and waves.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

The sale will be the largest in sports history. It will sell for significantly more than the Broncos who have fairly new stadium and won the Super Bowl not too long ago. The value of the brand are the remaining diehards plus the huge numbers who will come back as soon as we have a new owner and start winning. This is nothing like an expansion team. Regardless of how poorly Dan ran it, it’s still one of the premiere brands in all of sports. The sale price reflects that fact. 

Yeah I don't understand the expansion team talk. This roster is not that of an expansion team.

I'm thrilled at the report that it's down to Bezos and Harris. I'd be happy with either one, not so with the Houston guy or even John Henry. And I'm a Red Sox fan.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah I don't understand the expansion team talk. This roster is not that of an expansion team.

I'm thrilled at the report that it's down to Bezos and Harris. I'd be happy with either one, not so with the Houston guy or even John Henry. And I'm a Red Sox fan.  

Sort of a moot point, but why would you be against John Henry? Red Sox seems like a well-run franchise.

22 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

If people haven't yet figured out that we're the bad guys, I don't know what to tell you. We are the antagonists. We are the villains.

Dan Snyder is Dr. Evil and we're the random henchmen that get mowed down again and again and again.

We are literally the Commies. Snyder is Stalin and we are the pathetic saps who get thrown into the meat grinder in waves and waves.

5CF72623-FC47-4E97-90AC-5C1587CEA1BE.gif

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Lol it doesn’t include the stadium, another F- there. 

**** this team. I can’t imagine what it’s like to go to colleges where you have nice facilities, then get drafted to the land of **** in DC, and you’re like what the **** is this ****?  Meanwhile your buddies you played with in school are playing for franchises that are actually nice places to play. You think you hit the League, you’re going to Washington and it’s like, nope! ****’s stuck in 1983!

Can you imagine what Terry first thought about this place when he first arrived from Ohio State? Now I know he signed an extension to stay but money is money and he’s a professional guy. But man, playing for the Commanders has to be a step down in many ways from a great college program. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like we by far are the least of the East 

@wit33

Lol…

I have never disputed this, it’s the ketchup to the hamburger and fries. I like and will continue to use your analogy :) 

Ho hum…

Free agents and home grown players will continue to sign/resign in Washington. With wildly atrocious numbers shared by the NFL Washington has resigned many players over the years. I don’t see it as a competitive disadvantage.

Can easily see some reverse psychology being applied by a skillful coach and using poor environment as a rallying call. That’s how I’d attack it as a coach, done it many times in my day. Players love that kind of stuff. Much of it is perspective and how one chooses to attack it. 

It’s not a good thing though, sucks for the players. I’m 100% about culture and believe it has magical powers, so in no way saying it doesn’t have some impact.

With that said, if you don’t have elite QB it’s damn hard to make any of this matter over a long period of time on the field relating to wins. 

***Hyped as anyone to get Dan out of here!

Edited by wit33

Two things from a Twitter space with AJ Perez this afternoon:

1. The pre-Owners Meeting sessions coming up in a few weeks will not have a topic about Snyder. It had previously been reported that there would be.

2. It takes at least 60 days from a bid being submitted to the NFL finance committee before it can be voted on by the owners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1