Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

15 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Sort of a moot point, but why would you be against John Henry? Red Sox seems like a well-run franchise.

Kind of too many eggs in the same basket for me.  They had been well run but not so much lately as we see our stars walk away for not much in return.  He got cheap all of the sudden and it shows.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

You know posting an entire article is a violation of forum rules right or at least it used to be? When ES was bigger back in the day there were complaints about infringement by posting entire articles. Particularly when posting ones behind paywalls. The rule was post the title of the article, a few sentences and a link.

Not sure if or when that changed. Maybe it was to keep post sizes down back then but regardless, the content creators absolutely don’t like their clicks being taken away by having entire articles reposted. 

I tried to open a Post article that was posted earlier, I had used up my number and I don't pay for subscriptions. Someone later posted the text and it was appreciated.  Is this not allowed?  

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn't post an entire article on any of the Bezos stuff, not even close..

I don't for anything else.  The one exception is for the Dan WP stuff because I've gathered people want all the details.  No one has ripped me for it, but if it bothers some people here, i'll stop, that's the only topic i ever do it for. 

See my post above.  

7 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Even if it bothers “some” people here, please don’t stop, especially with the WP. Im from out of town and I do not see the benefit for me to pay for a newspaper solely for football articles. I appreciate all your posts! Thank you!

18 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I tried to open a Post article that was posted earlier, I had used up my number and I don't pay for subscriptions. Someone later posted the text and it was appreciated.  Is this not allowed?  

It's against forum rules to post entire articles.  Been discussed in this thread recently.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

See my post above.  

It's allowed to post articles.  The idea is not to include the full article.   For the Post, I never post the full articles as I said with the rare exception of their Dan exposes. I do it for the Dan exposes because I figure those are the football life and death articles for this franchise and typically the details, all of them are relevant.

I mentioned that i do that before and I've not seen a mod complain or anyone else for that matter, most thank me, except for one person and then another yesterday while most encourage me to keep doing it.   And I make those exceptions only to be helpful to everyone here.  It's only harder for me to post more text because i got to clean it up when doing it, deleting links to other articles, etc.   It does nothing personally for me to post more text.  :ols:. but I'll keep a little out of the Dan exposes going further.  its not worth it for me to take grief for it even from just a person or two considering i am just doing it as a favor.

Other than the rare Dan article where I go to town on it.  The rest of what I post are blurbs from articles, sometimes I'll give more text, sometimes less but rarely anywhere close to the full article.  I probably feel the most guilty when I do it for Standig's stuff.  I've never given anywhere close to any of his full articles.  And I sometimes even add an editorial to what I post from his articles saying, a lot more good stuff in it and its worth subscribing to.  IMO he wrties some killer stuff.  The Athletic is pretty cheap, worth the subscription IMO.

I am a bit of a football junkie, I subscribe to everything and have access to everything.  The whole discussion seemed to be triggered by all the articles I posted on Bezos.  All of them were blurbs, some super short, some a bit longer.  What drove me posting so much in one post is to make the point was to show i am not just flying crap against the wall against Bezos, there has been a real narrative about him for a long time.  Not just some one off article by one naysayer.  I could have easily posted 100 articles on it. :ols:   

But I was making a point that yeah that criticism does exist.  I am actually pretty pro Bezos on this thread.  But there are a few people who I gather get annoyed if he's depicted with a disclaimer.  They believe i gather he deserves no disclaimer.  It's sort of like the metaphor of having your best friend marry someone and you go hey she's awesome but here are a few things to just watch out for along the ride in case it comes out.  And your buddy gets pissed that you even bring it up, no, not her, she's perfect.  :ols:  That's fine. 

But i don't get why the he's perfect crowds pokes me about it every now and then, they aren't going to get me to back off that I'd be l jazzed but this is the disclaimer that I'd watch for on the off chance it goes wrong -- sorry but if i am pushed to back my point, I will back my point.  But overall i'd be stoked for Bezos.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

Did we just hit a small patch of radio silence?  We were humming along at a clip of 2-3 pages every few hours with all the multiple articles dropping every day it seemed.... And now we're at two pages of rule interpretations with nothing new dropping. 

Maybe it's the sign of the final news coming?  Or am I grasping for straws here and being too optimistic?  Very ready for the official ESPN breaking news to finally hit one of these days soon - with either Harris or Bezos name attached. Both are a huge upgrade, no matter which you prefer. Let's get it done already, this slimy MFer can't leave fast enough. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's allowed to post articles.  The idea is not to include the full article.   For the Post, I never post the full articles as I said with the rare exception of their Dan exposes. I do it for the Dan exposes because I figure those are the football life and death articles for this franchise and typically the details, all of them are relevant.

I mentioned that i do that before and I've not seen a mod complain or anyone else for that matter, most thank me, except for one person and then another yesterday while most encourage me to keep doing it.   And I make those exceptions only to be helpful to everyone here.  It's only harder for me to post more text because i got to clean it up when doing it, deleting links to other articles, etc.   It does nothing personally for me to post more text.  :ols:. but I'll keep a little out of the Dan exposes going further.  its not worth it for me to take grief for it even from just a person or two considering i am just doing it as a favor.

Other than the rare Dan article where I go to town on it.  The rest of what I post are blurbs from articles, sometimes I'll give more text, sometimes less but rarely anywhere close to the full article.  I probably feel the most guilty when I do it for Standig's stuff.  I've never given anywhere close to any of his full articles.  And I sometimes even add an editorial to what I post from his articles saying, a lot more good stuff in it and its worth subscribing to.  IMO he wrties some killer stuff.  The Athletic is pretty cheap, worth the subscription IMO.

I am a bit of a football junkie, I subscribe to everything and have access to everything.  The whole discussion seemed to be triggered by all the articles I posted on Bezos.  All of them were blurbs, some super short, some a bit longer.  What drove me posting so much in one post is to make the point was to show i am not just flying crap against the wall against Bezos, there has been a real narrative about him for a long time.  Not just some one off article by one naysayer.  I could have easily posted 100 articles on it. :ols:   

But I was making a point that yeah that criticism does exist.  I am actually pretty pro Bezos on this thread.  But there are a few people who I gather get annoyed if he's depicted with a disclaimer.  They believe i gather he deserves no disclaimer.  It's sort of like the metaphor of having your best friend marry someone and you go hey she's awesome but here are a few things to just watch out for along the ride in case it comes out.  And your buddy gets pissed that you even bring it up, no, not her, she's perfect.  :ols:  That's fine. 

But i don't get why the he's perfect crowds pokes me about it every now and then, they aren't going to get me to back off that I'd be l jazzed but this is the disclaimer that I'd watch for on the off chance it goes wrong -- sorry but if i am pushed to back my point, I will back my point.  But overall i'd be stoked for Bezos.

I for one greatly appreciate your efforts. And I am certain most here do. I get more unbiased information from you than all other sources put together. It is clear the time you put in to make sure you seperate your opinion from presenting information. Please do not let 2 people's whining stop you. But I understand of you do. It seems no good deed goes unpunished. 

As to Dan, I am especially glad to see you post the entire articles just in case there are still a few straglers who don't get what a POS dan is. It was worse even just a few years back. At this point I don't think anyone LIKES him but there are still maybe a small handful who are 'meh, he is no worse than any other billionaire". Posting those articles should go a long way to putting that to rest. 

One last comment, please do not let the whining from a few ruin it for the masses. You do a great service and most of us truly value your input and opinion. Thank you for all you do! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I for one greatly appreciate your efforts. And I am certain most here do. I get more unbiased information from you than all other sources put together. It is clear the time you put in to make sure you seperate your opinion from presenting information. Please do not let 2 people's whining stop you. But I understand of you do. It seems no good deed goes unpunished. 

As to Dan, I am especially glad to see you post the entire articles just in case there are still a few straglers who don't get what a POS dan is. It was worse even just a few years back. At this point I don't think anyone LIKES him but there are still maybe a small handful who are 'meh, he is no worse than any other billionaire". Posting those articles should go a long way to putting that to rest. 

One last comment, please do not let the whining from a few ruin it for the masses. You do a great service and most of us truly value your input and opinion. Thank you for all you do! 

Agreed. Appreciate all the summaries, film study and sharing of articles you do @Skinsinparadise

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Did we just hit a small patch of radio silence?  We were humming along at a clip of 2-3 pages every few hours with all the multiple articles dropping every day it seemed.... And now we're at two pages of rule interpretations with nothing new dropping. 

Maybe it's the sign of the final news coming?  Or am I grasping for straws here and being too optimistic?  Very ready for the official ESPN breaking news to finally hit one of these days soon - with either Harris or Bezos name attached. Both are a huge upgrade, no matter which you prefer. Let's get it done already, this slimy MFer can't leave fast enough. 

That's the Snyder-Scream roller-coaster we are on until this is done. Hopefully we get a big drop or a loopty-loop soon, but all I care about is reaching the station, lifting our overhead bars and exiting this FU$*#%*#G RIDE!

Edited by actorguy1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Thanks.  I admit part of the reason why I go full tilt on the Dan stuff is exactly what you say, its just unbelievable what a piece of crap Dan is, and the full picture description is warranted.

And yeah over the years Dan indeed had some defenders.  They are pretty much gone.  The only vestiges left are those who agree that Dan sucks but also believe we can win in spite of it and that number of people who seem to believe that are just a straggler or two. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Probably just that it was late at night and now early in the morning, plus we're all waiting for more news and rumors to drop.

I'm assuming we have a while to go before we get to news of an accepted offer. I don't personally think it'll be done by the time the owners meet later this month.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

EB on The Junkies just said they have a credible guy who leaks info to them and he said the sale is going to happen but just not in time for the owners meeting.

Not in time for the ownership meeting is what most who are covering this story agree on.  I am OK with that, just get it done.  As far as I can tell there are no major naysayers right now among the media about the sale not happening -- the dude that was the most hardcore that it won't, Kosman from the NY Post, even backed off of that notion recently.

As Sheehan was just saying, we should be excited, we are close to the the finish line and it is one heck of a big deal for this franchise for Dan to sell. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

EB on The Junkies just said they have a credible guy who leaks info to them and he said the sale is going to happen but just not in time for the owners meeting.

Just found out from AJ Perez that it takes up to 60 days to vet the bid and bidders so, yes there is no way to vote on it before the owners meeting. I still think a bid will be accepted before the meeting though. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

You’re not a mod, so let them handle it. 

Hopefully my earlier post didn't come off as impolite (apologies if so, certainly wasn't the intent).

But forum rules specifically discuss roles poster may play in discussing forum rules

Knowledgeable members may also inform other posters of violations they observe in a post, preferably politely. This helps potentially offending members by giving them a chance to edit accordingly.

TK and other posters just recently went over the whole article policy in this thread and was just pointing that out to posters who were wondering about the rule on that point.  No offense intended.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Hopefully my earlier post didn't come off as impolite (apologies if so, certainly wasn't the intent).

But forum rules specifically discuss roles poster may play in discussing forum rules

TK and other posters just recently went over the whole article policy in this thread and was just pointing that out to posters who were wondering about the rule on that point.  No offense intended.

we’re all good. I don’t have any issue with you. I just really appreciate his posts. He gives me info that I would not have otherwise. But, that goes for many on this board. That is probably the main reason I come here. I want to gather info and spout off about some dumb things here and there. 

yes, I am aware of the forum rules. I’ve been around a long time, but rules are made to be broken 🤨. I’ve broken a few myself over the years. I’m part of the Rebellion. (Not really).

I’m being biased and selfish here, mainly with the WP articles. Yes, I do believe that writers and publishers should get paid for their work especially if the articles are full of substance and not fluff. I have no reason to pay WP $120 a year to read about Washington Football though. So, I don’t. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

we’re all good. I don’t have any issue with you. I just really appreciate his posts. He gives me info that I would not have otherwise. But, that goes for many on this board. That is probably the main reason I come here. I want to gather info and spout off about some dumb things here and there. 

yes, I am aware of the forum rules. I’ve been around a long time, but rules are made to be broken 🤨. I’ve broken a few myself over the years. I’m part of the Rebellion. (Not really).

I’m being biased and selfish here, mainly with the WP articles. Yes, I do believe that writers and publishers should get paid for their work especially if the articles are full of substance and not fluff. I have no reason to pay WP $120 a year to read about Washington Football though. So, I don’t. 

All good.  And yeah @Skinsinparadise is one of the GOAT posters on here.  Always appreciate the effort and thought behind the posts.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I have no reason to pay WP $120 a year to read about Washington Football though. So, I don’t. 

How is Bezos going to afford to buy the Commanders if you don't support his newspaper.  Oh wait, nevermind....

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

IIRC a lot of Blue Origin folks were brought (or bought) from old space companies, and brought the old space "take as long as you can, as long as you get paid" work culture with them. Bezos is less than happy about it, given the pace of development at SpaceX, but it is literally rocket science so his options are limited.

I keep hearing "Blue Star Airlines".   😆

For older folks who are a fan of '80s movies like me, you'll get the reference.  

Michael Douglas High Quality GIF

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I keep hearing "Blue Star Airlines".   😆

For older folks who are a fan of '80s movies like me, you'll get the reference.  

Michael Douglas High Quality GIF

I don't remember that quote but do remember The Blue Oyster Bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I mentioned that i do that before and I've not seen a mod complain or anyone else for that matter

I know I did some years ago because that's unfair to BHRBN :D

But since it happens in thread that moves way too fast, it's not that much of a deal anyway :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Everyone got all distracted with the terms "Kelli Johnson" and  "Spread in the press box." Soon however bloodflow will return to our typing fingers and get us all back on track.

• Haha 4