Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dallas will flame out of the playoffs, as usual.

I'm just happier when they flame out before the playoffs.  I hate hearing the BS from their fans, and it's plenty of Dallas fans around. They're like pesky mosquitoes in the summer,  you can slap them off but they just keep coming lol

8 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Heard this on 980 AM yesterday and they were saying it would be harder to rebrand if they make the playoffs. The team has started to get an identity with name an “left hand up” song.

There can’t be double digit people on earth who are doing anything with that song except trying to be funny and ironic. Right? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

13 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

They almost have to considering what an unmitigated disaster the whole Com***ders rebrand has been.  If I'm Bezos (or, whoever), I'm clearing it with the league as a condition for purchasing the team.

Com***ders will ALWAYS have the stink of Snyder on it. Even if we make the playoffs under that name, it's got to go. 

• Like 4

Some wondered about whether Dan and the constant distractions effect the team.  Taylor takes a dive into the issue and the short answer is heck yes it does.  He mentioned he is very aware of the weekly stories that come out about the team.  And Rivera tries to address the stories with the team as they come. Mcafee talks about its hard enough to win in the NFL in normal settings without having to deal with a crapstorm swirling around the team.

They do even get into the song in this interview, too.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Speaking for myself, I don't want another re-brand.  They won't pick something good.  Because there isn't a good name out there which is going to be adopted. However, I think a re-launch would be a great idea.  The team name is fine.  People hate it because they have nostalgia for the old name and they were going to have anything Dan came up with on sheer principal.  The only thing really wrong with the name is it's tough to shorten. Otherwise it's just fine.

The uniforms will be tweaked over time, things will evolve. But there is really no reason to rehash the past. God help us if we ended up with Red Wolves or some other ridiculous junior high travel lacrosse sounding name.  

FWIW, the worst name in Washington Sports is, has been, and always will be The Wizards.  It is a stupid name, it was ridiculed when it was announce, and it remains ridiculous. But now that it's been around for 20 years, people forget how stupid it is.  If we're being honest, Nationals is pretty bad too.  Kindof a cop-out, and remember when people referred to them as the Gnats? But they won, and now they are the lovable Nats.  

Commanders is fine.  The rollout was a complete joke.  Just horribly executed.  

If they continue to win over the rest of the season a little bit, more and more people will come around.  

I'd also like to point out the other really stupid names in the NFL: Dolphins, Bills (named for a dude named Buffalo Bill), Cardinals (a meek red bird), Jets (planes were novel in the 60's, now, not so much.  They need to refresh the brand with a fighter jet or something.), Texans (which is also a copout) and Titans (the flaming thumbtacks).   

Baseball has teams named after hosiery for God's sake.  

There's really nothing wrong with the name, and I hope they just stick with it and tweak the branding, and win.

Dan just needs to sell the team, and the new ownership group needs to spruce up the brand a bit. 

I mean, if they chose to go through an entire new branding exercise, God bless them.  But I'd be willing to bet they won't come up with anything much better.  

7 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I think there will be a new name lined up with the new stadium when the owner gets it finished. As long as its the commanders it will be tied to the horrific lay out by Dan. It will always have his stink on it.

Nah, it won't.  Time will make Dan a distant memory soon enough.  They will do enough to re-shuffle things, and it will all be fine.  

Though, if Bezos buys the team, they could absolutely go for the "The Primes" with Optimus Prime as the mascot, and I'd geek out to that.  :)  

• Like 5
  • Thumb down 4

44 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I think there will be a new name lined up with the new stadium when the owner gets it finished. As long as its the commanders it will be tied to the horrific lay out by Dan. It will always have his stink on it.

I really don't see them going to a fourth name in 5-6 year span. I am not sure the League would allow it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I’m with you, new name feels like a forgone conclusion to me if we end up under new ownership. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

New stadium won't be done for probably 4 to 5 years.

Either rebrand immediately or keep the stupid name and just try to get used to it.

Nobody wants to do this again in 5 years.

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I really don't see them going to a fourth name in 5-6 year span. I am not sure the League would allow it.

Agreed. It would be kind of stupid. And we’d be the laughing stock of the league except this time with a new owner!

I can see them redoing the logo and that kind of thing, though. The taco holder would be gone. Jerseys reworked. Stuff like that. But to many people’s dismay I think the Commanders are here to stay.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Agreed. It would be kind of stupid. And we’d be the laughing stock of the league except this time with a new owner!

I can see them redoing the logo and that kind of thing, though. The taco holder would be gone. Jerseys reworked. Stuff like that. But to many people’s dismay I think the Commanders are here to stay.

Left hand up.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

A new stadium will take years. Another rebrand will begin right away or not at all. No way those things line up. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

This is likely correct 

• Like 1

I may be in the minority but I don't even think Commanders is a bad name.  It's just new, and not only new, but a new name taking over for one of the NFL's most storied franchises, so of course it sounds terrible to everyone right now. I am not in the DMV area so maybe a lot of the stuff surrounding the new name has been poorly done and rolled out, I can't really speak with authority on that aspect, but just specifically the name itself I don't have an issue with.  Look around the NFL and there are plenty of team's names that would bring ridicule if they were brand new today.  Won't won't be ridiculed however is if the team makes the playoffs in their first year with the new name. 

Edited by NoCalMike

I don't mind if they ever change the name but I'm getting used to Commanders. What I like is the underline overline of the name. The only thing I wish they would do is put a stripe or stripes or slashes on the pants. Change the dark cherry red of the white jerseys to more of a burgundy color. Getting used to the black uni's except for the losing part. Hopefully this Sunday will change that.

12 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I'm surprised so many of y'all think the Commanders name is staying.  I think it's as done as Dan is. Can't wait to get the final rebrand done by someone who actually understands branding. 

Just my $.02.

I don't know if the new owner will want to change it or not but if the 90% of the fans who hated it just bend over and act like they like it then why would they want to mess with it?

Don't care if they keep the name or change it.  But following the process, hard for me to see what the "cool" name is that everyone supposedly embraces?

I am cool with Red Wolves but its not hard to miss that many hate it.  Is there same magic name that i am missing that the majority of fans embrace that this team supposedly ignored?

Edited by Skinsinparadise

The name is fine, Ive come around to it and I spent many days wondering about the new name over those 2 years. The logo and jerseys are what’s terrible, I don’t see why you can’t create a cool pig or hog logo and stick with commanders. The W isn’t that bad, but it’s hard to rally around if that makes any sense. It’s just boring