Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

@fearlessNelmsRight but those were are all NEW teams at the time. The fact that we feel so much like a new expansion team that you are even comparing us to teams when they were new is a travesty. We didn't feel like a "new" team when we played as Washington.

Whatever though that ship sailed a long time ago

Edited by XxSpearheadxX

10 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

@fearlessNelmsRight but those were are all NEW teams at the time. The fact that we feel so much like a new expansion team that you are even comparing us to teams when they were new is a travesty. We didn't feel like a "new" team when we played as Washington.

Whatever though that ship sailed a long time ago

I understand what you're saying and believe me, I wish more than most that the Redskins name was still. That logo and name was the reason I ever became a fan at 6 years old. I'm now 55.

I'm with @Skinsinparadise in that no name is ever going to be fully embraced and with @KDawgin that another rebrand and you become a circus show all over again, only with a new owner. 

Edited by fearlessNelms
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

I'm with @Skinsinparadise in that no name is ever going to be fully embraced and with @KDawgin that another rebrand and you become a circus show all over again, only with a new owner. 

That’s exactly why a new owner will probably decide to rebrand when they buy the team. Changing owners will be a circus in and of itself, so they might as well take that opportunity to change the name and get the circus over with all at once. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Warriors is a non-start because of the Golden State Warriors.  I get that there are teams with the same names in multiple sports, but I don't think a new owner is going to want to recycle a name from another sport.

And yet maybe the new owner would love it.  A "non-stop" is  just your opinion.  Too much was taken off the table because Skipper Dan, the Sailing Man wasn't going to spend one cent to clear up any "infringement" issues.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Red Wolves sounds like a JV Travel Lacrosse team.  It's stupid.  It's always been stupid, and it will always be stupid.  The other problem, it won't age well.  All team names need to be completely vanilla and bland, because they have to last centuries.  Literally everybody in marketing is going to tell you that.  

I get it, your opinion.  My opinion - still better than Commanders.  In fact, probably the most popular in the various polls.

Also better than Commanders - Commandos and Rangers.  

:229:The Rook

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, The Rook said:

And yet maybe the new owner would love it.  A "non-stop" is  just your opinion.  Too much was taken off the table because Skipper Dan, the Sailing Man wasn't going to spend one cent to clear up any "infringement" issues.

6 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I get it, your opinion.  My opinion - still better than Commanders.  In fact, probably the most popular in the various polls.

Also better than Commanders - Commandos and Rangers.  

Yeah, it’s my opinion. 

But when I thought it might be a thing, I did a little experiment.  I asked everybody Who was a football fan, of this team or another, if they liked Red Wolves, Military Theme (Comanders, Admirals, etc., Red Hogs or none.  

Literally every single person except one I asked burst out laughing at Red Wolves.  And I asked at least 100 people.  All different ages, races.  If I saw somebody wearing a WFT or Skins anything, I asked them.  Total strangers.  I asked all my friends, regardless of who they rooted for what they thought.  

I think Red Wolves was popular with a very vocal section of the twitterverse.

If you think Commanders was mocked, you have literally no idea the mocking which would be coming for Red Wolves.

Part of me wanted the name anyway, just because i knew the Red Wolfe people would just kiss and moan forever like petulant 3 year olds they didn’t get their way.  Which, I was basically right about.  But since I honestly don’t care that much, I’ll root for them if they were called literally anything.

But I was curious because Red Wolves is somehow worse than Wizards and a group of people liked it.

Commandos would have been too close to “going commando.”   Though I kindof like it, but honestly, I think it’s the same as commanders.  The only reason to like Commandos more is because Dan didn’t pick it.  

Rangers is too one branch specific.  You could also have gone with SEALS in that case (the baddest MFer I’ve ever met was a SEAL) but again, one branch specific.  

I also didn’t like Admirals for the 1 branch thing, and Generals are the team the Globetrotters beat up on. 

All of this is kidof irrelevant.  The chances of a complete rebrand with a new owner are almost zero.  A re-launch, re-design, new uniforms, colors, etc. is absolutely inevitable though.  And hopefully they do it better the second time around.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, it’s my opinion. 

But when I thought it might be a thing, I did a little experiment.  I asked everybody Who was a football fan, of this team or another, if they liked Red Wolves, Military Theme (Comanders, Admirals, etc., Red Hogs or none.  

Literally every single person except one I asked burst out laughing at Red Wolves.  And I asked at least 100 people.  All different ages, races.  If I saw somebody wearing a WFT or Skins anything, I asked them.  Total strangers.  I asked all my friends, regardless of who they rooted for what they thought.  

I think Red Wolves was popular with a very vocal section of the twitterverse.

If you think Commanders was mocked, you have literally no idea the mocking which would be coming for Red Wolves.

Part of me wanted the name anyway, just because i knew the Red Wolfe people would just kiss and moan forever like petulant 3 year olds they didn’t get their way.  Which, I was basically right about.  But since I honestly don’t care that much, I’ll root for them if they were called literally anything.

But I was curious because Red Wolves is somehow worse than Wizards and a group of people liked it.

Commandos would have been too close to “going commando.”   Though I kindof like it, but honestly, I think it’s the same as commanders.  The only reason to like Commandos more is because Dan didn’t pick it.  

Rangers is too one branch specific.  You could also have gone with SEALS in that case (the baddest MFer I’ve ever met was a SEAL) but again, one branch specific.  

I also didn’t like Admirals for the 1 branch thing, and Generals are the team the Globetrotters beat up on. 

All of this is kidof irrelevant.  The chances of a complete rebrand with a new owner are almost zero.  A re-launch, re-design, new uniforms, colors, etc. is absolutely inevitable though.  And hopefully they do it better the second time around.  

What do you want from me? I REALLY think "Commanders" sucks.  I told you it is okay for your opinion, mine is different.

Red Wolves is not my preferred, but I still think it is better than Commanders.  Your 100 friends laughed at Red Wolves - fine.

I am not going to "defend" the options I liked better, even though you feel the need to point out the reasons they aren't good.  Are you a lawyer, man? Feels adversarial.

BTW, it was my honor to serve along side the SEAL Units at Little Creek VA and that is why I like "Commandos".  Commando Tactics was a real thing in our exercises and they stressed it to us.  Commanders gave commands, Commandos took command.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

A re-launch, re-design, new uniforms, colors, etc. is absolutely inevitable though.  And hopefully they do it better the second time around.  

I think between new name, new logo, and new colors, the colors would be the thing a large majority of fans would be most adamant about keeping.

Which, for me, is one of many problems with " Commanders".

I mean, " Commanders ... Green, khaki maybe. " Dress Blue's " as alternates, maybe. 

But not burgundy and gold.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, The Rook said:

What do you want from me? I REALLY think "Commanders" sucks.  I told you it is okay for your opinion, mine is different.

Red Wolves is not my preferred, but I still think it is better than Commanders.  Your 100 friends laughed at Red Wolves - fine.

I am not going to "defend" the options I liked better, even though you feel the need to point out the reasons they aren't good.  Are you a lawyer, man? Feels adversarial.

BTW, it was my honor to serve along side the SEAL Units at Little Creek VA and that is why I like "Commandos".  Commando Tactics was a real thing in our exercises and they stressed it to us.  Commanders gave commands, Commandos took command.

Not adversarial at all, at least that’s not my intent.  Everybody is entitled to their opinion. And no, I’m not a lawyer.  

Your reason for liking Comandos is great.  And I appreciate it.  it’s one of the first well thought out and articulated reasons I’ve seen.  And since you said you served, thank you for your service. 

You might have turned me around on Comandos.  

I just don’t generally get why people hate any name.  80% of the NFL names a dumb, boring, or both.  I liked one name.  Now that it’s gone, I guess I have compete apathy towards the next one.

Btw, I like Comanders better than Guardians.  

There just are not any good options.  

Surprised this is even an argument. NOBODY liked or wanted Commanders. Nobody. Except Snyder (and possibly voice of reason?). Yes it’s a lame name, but that’s not why we hate it… We hate it because it came from Snyder! For those of you who think all of the other name suggestions are also lame, OK, but at least they didn’t come from Snyder. All things Snyder must be purged, and that starts with the name. It’s bad enough that we are forced to use the embarrassing wizards (🤮) name, but this is worse. Not only is it just as stupid, but it will always remind us of the hell Snyder put us through. It’s gotta go imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Surprised this is even an argument. NOBODY liked or wanted Commanders. Nobody. Except Snyder (and possibly voice of reason?). Yes it’s a lame name, but that’s not why we hate it… We hate it because it came from Snyder! 

Not only that but didn't Dans people running the team have the fans vote on names and tell the fans that they were going to pick from the names that the fans preferred? And this charade went on for 2+ years, right? 

I wasn't really paying much attention to this teams BS for several years but that's kind of what I remember going on. 

Then Doofus Dan decides to just pick a name that nobody ever had any idea was among those to choose from, right?

Yeah, they definitely should change the name again. 

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Not only that but didn't Dans people running the team have the fans vote on names and tell the fans that they were going to pick from the names that the fans preferred? And this charade went on for 2+ years, right? 

I wasn't really paying much attention to this teams BS for several years but that's kind of what I remember going on. 

I seem to remember what they were trying to tell us was that they weren't necessarily looking for the most popular particular name, but they were more interested in what type of name people wanted, and why they liked it.

For instance, let's say 20 percent picked Red wolves as their favorite name, but through their surveys they found out that a " military name " was the most popular type of name for 33 percent of fans.

Any military name would take precedent over " Red wolves".

And I'm not saying that's what they honestly did because I'm having a hard time believing that " military" was the most popular theme among fans and alumni.

10 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Wolves > Football Team > Warriors > Red Wolves > Commanders 

Almost Anything  > Commanders

For instance, after Dan sells the team Washington Freedom would be absolutely perfect! :lol:

Or to salute the suffering fans who haven't supported Dan for years, Washington Freedom Fighters is far superior to the lowly Commanders.

5 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

I think between new name, new logo, and new colors, the colors would be the thing a large majority of fans would be most adamant about keeping.

Which, for me, is one of many problems with " Commanders".

I mean, " Commanders ... Green, khaki maybe. " Dress Blue's " as alternates, maybe. 

But not burgundy and gold.

I think you nailed it.

Commanders and color scheme don't match at all.

But what was worse is that as a whole, there was nothing right, or not that in the rebrand. Nothing to get yourself on the boat.

Name is not great.

Unis aren't great or worse.

So it's kinda hard to root for a team where nothing is linking it to its past, except that Dan Snyder is still the owner.

I could care less if the new owner go with a second rebrand, I've been used to circus for twenty years, so one year or two more wouldn't mean much. Call the team any variation of "Hogs" which would link to our glorious past and be cool with it. It'll be joked all around the world but would mean something to the fans that would hardly complain about it. Every team names get joked anyway.

The Redskins are gone, folks. I think some people need to let go. People are hanging on to that name and squeezing tight.

But you have to move on. It’s not coming back. I get it. The memories. The days when you would smile, and throw your jersey on and enjoy football Sundays in the 80s and early 90s are a memory you will never forget. The fun bunch, the merch, the teams. It’s hard to let go of your first. 

Your first is magical. You will always remember how it made you feel.

But it’s gone. It left you. It had to. Things were so toxic around it that letting go is a necessary part of the healing process. 

We will always love it for what it gave us, but it also hurt us. For years. And years. It went out and didn’t call us to say good night.

To be whole we have to heal and never forget the past but know that it is behind us.

We’re a car without a reverse gear, folks. No going back. Beep beep.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The Redskins are gone, folks. I think some people need to let go. People are hanging on to that name and squeezing tight.

But you have to move on. It’s not coming back. I get it. The memories. The days when you would smile, and throw your jersey on and enjoy football Sundays in the 80s and early 90s are a memory you will never forget. The fun bunch, the merch, the teams. It’s hard to let go of your first. 

Your first is magical. You will always remember how it made you feel.

But it’s gone. It left you. It had to. Things were so toxic around it that letting go is a necessary part of the healing process. 

We will always love it for what it gave us, but it also hurt us. For years. And years. It went out and didn’t call us to say good night.

To be whole we have to heal and never forget the past but know that it is behind us.

I'm gonna cry and then run through a brick wall for you!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think most everyone gets that. The discussion is more that the current driver of the car stopped at a goofy McDonald’s because he didn’t want to spend money on a nice steakhouse. Or he didn’t know how to get there.

The question is will the next driver stick with the re-heated fast food or will he try to find something better?

Edited by RansomthePasserby
Sentence flow
  • Like 1